Part Time Air Driver/Preloader Pay Question

SP68

I am told I am classified as a PT Air Driver, as of recently. I just started to work Saturdays as an Air Driver, but also preload Monday-Friday. Is my hourly pay different based on what job I am doing, or am I getting Air Driver rate no matter what I'm doing because that is my classification?

Not sure if this matters, but I just hit my 1 year seniority this month.

Thanks!

Box Ox

You're not classified as an air driver. Still a preloader. You're just running as an air exception driver on Saturdays. Good news is, you'll still be making top air rate on Saturdays if you're still running it in two years. Which I doubt, if Saturday Ground comes to your area.

Might also be opportunities to run air as an exception driver after you preload.

You'd only get air rate at all times if you become a bid air driver. If you're a PM air driver you might jump into a local sort to get your guarantee and code it out as such in your board but be paid your air driver rate.

Feathersandarrows

You're not classified as an air driver. Still a preloader. You're just running as an air exception driver on Saturdays. Good news is, you'll still be making top air rate on Saturdays if you're still running it in two years. Which I doubt, if Saturday Ground comes to your area.

Might also be opportunities to run air as an exception driver after you preload.

You'd only get air rate at all times if you become a bid air driver. If you're a PM air driver you might jump into a local sort to get your guarantee and code it out as such in your board but be paid your air driver rate.
That's great about the opportunity of driving on Saturdays. How did you make that happen, and I gotta know....how hard are they to driveor learn?

PT Car Washer

That's great about the opportunity of driving on Saturdays. How did you make that happen, and I gotta know....how hard are they to driveor learn?
Look for a sign up sheet posted somewhere in your building or ask a driver sup or manager. Easiest job at UPS is Saturday Air driving but not sure how much longer they will be needed.

luckster

I'm a PT air driver driving Tuesday through Saturday. HR said they can't hire me for FT position until I hit my one year anniversary they say it's union rules. Is this true ? They're hiring FT drivers off the street and are not giving it to part timers who want full time positions.

km3

I'm a PT air driver driving Tuesday through Saturday. HR said they can't hire me for FT position until I hit my one year anniversary they say it's union rules. Is this true ? They're hiring FT drivers off the street and are not giving it to part timers who want full time positions.

The logical thing to do here would be to call the union hall and ask them directly. Sounds like a load of crap to me though.