Coverage driver Senority conundrum

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
OK language bid drivers are required to work when there bid route is posted- now if a non bid extra area is cut it should go by coverage driver seniority correct? I'm 2nd coverage driver and I have custody of my son so I try to to get time off whenever possible.Getting hours in our center is not a problem. I thought I was a coverage driver not a full time bitx#! I think I'm classified as an FT Coverage and I have 2 coverage drivers behind me. Do I have to be on call all the time? Can I say unavailable call the next guy? Can I request like an on call layoff run the next driver and then only call me if absolutely needed? Ive done my time trailers then being asked to drive and then sometimes having to do local sort after a route crazy- when can I catch a break?It seems to me that my center is not allowing coverage drivers to be coverage drivers. Where can I find more Langauge on coverage drivers my book has little to none.
-Nebraska
-7 bid car center refusing to make 8th area a bid route
-often run 8/9 areas all week
-8 yr driver

OK language bid drivers are required to work when there bid route is posted- now if a non bid extra area is cut it should go by coverage driver seniority correct? I'm 2nd coverage driver and I have custody of my son so I try to to get time off whenever possible.Getting hours in our center is not a problem. I thought I was a coverage driver not a full time bitx#! I think I'm classified as an FT Coverage and I have 2 coverage drivers behind me. Do I have to be on call all the time? Can I say unavailable call the next guy? Can I request like an on call layoff run the next driver and then only call me if absolutely needed? Ive done my time trailers then being asked to drive and then sometimes having to do local sort after a route crazy- when can I catch a break?It seems to me that my center is not allowing coverage drivers to be coverage drivers. Where can I find more Langauge on coverage drivers my book has little to none.
-Nebraska
-7 bid car center refusing to make 8th area a bid route
-often run 8/9 areas all week
-8 yr driver
Check with your stew or BA

Feederquacker

In our area if you have junior drivers behind you as coverage then you can pass it on but you must answer the call. But if it gets down to you and there are no other cover drivers available you must take what is left. You don't get to them go back and take one of the rout/runs you passed over. Just pay attention to what is going on and make sure you ask questions of your dispatcher. Never just not answer the phone if you want to stay doing what your doing.