COVID-19 is Racist

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
They were talking about this today during the COVID-19 Task Force Briefing that Blacks are dying at a higher rate than other races so I investigated.
Dr. Fauci spoke about this trend and said it was most likely due to underlying health issues such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc.
I have posted a couple of times about Albany, GA (All-benny) in Dougherty County in South Georgia where a preponderance of the deaths were Black people. Most of the cases are traced back to two Black funerals.

Black People Are Disproportionately Getting and Dying From COVID-19
Early data indicates African Americans are bearing the brunt of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S.
In both Louisiana and Chicago, for example, recent statistics showed that roughly 70% of COVID-19 deaths occurred among blacks, even though they are a minority in both areas.

In Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, blacks make up about 27% percent of the population but comprised almost half of all COVID-19 infections – and, as of data early Tuesday afternoon, 71% of all fatalities.

Milwaukee.jpg

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They were talking about this today during the COVID-19 Task Force Briefing that Blacks are dying at a higher rate than other races so I investigated.
I have posted a couple of times about Albany, GA (All-benny) in Dougherty County in South Georgia where a preponderance of the deaths were Black people. Most of the cases are traced back to two Black funerals.

Black People Are Disproportionately Getting and Dying From COVID-19
Early data indicates African Americans are bearing the brunt of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S.
In both Louisiana and Chicago, for example, recent statistics showed that roughly 70% of COVID-19 deaths occurred among blacks, even though they are a minority in both areas.

In Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, blacks make up about 27% percent of the population but comprised almost half of all COVID-19 infections – and, as of data early Tuesday afternoon, 71% of all fatalities.

So what you are saying is that this isn't a Chinese plot to destroy America, but is Trump finally enacting the White Nationalists final solution to the African American "problem " in America?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I found this gem in my research:

Hypertension: What Oprah Doesn't Know
Originally published May 17, 2007

When Oprah Winfrey talks, people listen - about 8 million every day. Which is why a recent Ask Dr. Oz segment on "Oprah" is so troubling. An audience member asked: "Why do I sweat so much?" After explaining that excessive sweating can result from a thyroid condition, body toxins or hypertension, Dr. Mehmet Oz turned to Winfrey to ask: "Do you know why African Americans have high blood pressure?"

Winfrey replied studiously: "African Americans who survived [the slave trade's Middle Passage] were those who could hold more salt in their body." To which Dr. Oz rejoiced: "That's perfect!"

Far from it. Though well-intentioned, Winfrey's answer last month effectively lent her credibility, star power and billion-dollar brand to a dubious theory known as the "slavery hypothesis."

This speculates that the disproportionately high hypertension rate among African Americans today is an evolutionary byproduct of the slave trade. Proponents argue that slaves who survived the food and water deprivation, dysentery and vomiting endemic on this grueling voyage had a genetic predisposition to retaining sodium.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

When Oprah Winfrey talks, people listen - about 8 million every day. Which is why a recent Ask Dr. Oz segment on "Oprah" is so troubling. An audience member asked: "Why do I sweat so much?" After explaining that excessive sweating can result from a thyroid condition, body toxins or hypertension, Dr. Mehmet Oz turned to Winfrey to ask: "Do you know why African Americans have high blood pressure?"

Winfrey replied studiously: "African Americans who survived [the slave trade's Middle Passage] were those who could hold more salt in their body." To which Dr. Oz rejoiced: "That's perfect!"

Far from it. Though well-intentioned, Winfrey's answer last month effectively lent her credibility, star power and billion-dollar brand to a dubious theory known as the "slavery hypothesis."

This speculates that the disproportionately high hypertension rate among African Americans today is an evolutionary byproduct of the slave trade. Proponents argue that slaves who survived the food and water deprivation, dysentery and vomiting endemic on this grueling voyage had a genetic predisposition to retaining sodium.

Citing Oprah and Dr.Oz from thirteen years ago?

You really do miss your festivals, don't you?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

And he calls it “research”! What a goofy poo-poo head!
Ask @Old Man Jingles it’s his thread and research. Lol.
Therefore the term "gem" doofus!

Don't you ever get tired of looking so stupid?

Unless you were referring to Oprah ... in which case, I totally agree.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You really do miss your festivals, don't you?
Damn right!
I will and have saved around $6K on festivals this year and a couple of thousand more on concerts.
I've been listening to a lot of my friends on Facebook Live and chipping in a few dollars to help them out since they can't tour.
They are hurting right now!