COVID-19 is Racist

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
well a higher percentage of them do live packed together in cities
And in those super-urban environments, the access to healthy foods is too expensive or non-existent.
When I go to the grocery store, I pass by two roadside stands where I can get fresh food and the Publix where I go has a produce section bigger than most grocery stores in super-urban neighborhoods.
The stores are full of processed foods.

Indecisi0n

And in those super-urban environments, the access to healthy foods is too expensive or non-existent.
When I go to the grocery store, I pass by two roadside stands where I can get fresh food and the Publix where I go has a produce section bigger than most grocery stores in super-urban neighborhoods.
The stores are full of processed foods.
You can feed an entire family from mcdonalds for like 10 bucks. Trying do that with healthy food.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You can feed an entire family from mcdonalds for like 10 bucks. Trying do that with healthy food.
The only thing I've eaten from McDonalds in the last ten years is their Southwestern salad.

edit: Oh yeah, when I travel, I may get one or two of their apple pies ... they are good!
I fill obligated to buy something when I use their bathroom ... always clean!

Indecisi0n

The only thing I've eaten from McDonalds in the last ten years is their Southwestern salad.

edit: Oh yeah, when I travel, I may get one or two of their apple pies ... they are good!
I fill obligated to buy something when I use their bathroom ... always clean!
You think thats salad your eating ?

NerdGirl

d10d3ab7a9d0503b6787499d905b2b15.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
All but 3 people who died from COVID-19 in St. Louis, Missouri, were black

All of the St. Louis' reported COVID-19 deaths were African American until April 10, when the City of St. Louis Department of Health reported the first deaths outside the racial minority group. That means at least 14 of the city's 17 residents who died from the novel virus were African American.

In Chicago, African Americans make up 30% of the population — but 72% of the people who've died from COVID-19 were black.

Although data has laid bare the glaring racial disparities in the impact of the novel virus in St. Louis and beyond, US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams said the impacts on black communities across American have more to do with social issues than race.

"We know that populations that are socioeconomically challenged that don't have access to good health care, that don't have access to nutritious food, are victims of many diseases including diabetes, high blood pressure," Dr. Alex Garza, the head of the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "It's an indication of social inequities that existed before this pandemic came around."

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Surgeon General Jerome Adams says people of color are getting hit harder by coronavirus because of social issues, not genetics or biology

"We do not think people of color are biologically or genetically disposed to get COVID-19," Adams went on to say. "But they are socially predisposed to coronavirus exposure and to have a higher incidence of the very diseases that put you at risk for severe complications from coronavirus."

The surgeon general also urged people of color to avoid using alcohol and drugs in comments that a reporter later suggested offended some people online. "Do it for your abuela, do it for your grandaddy, do it for your Big Mama, do it for your pop pop," Adams said.