COVID lockdown 2.0

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I know right, 10 million down 300+ million to go. Even if herd immunity only takes 60-70% of the population, we still have a long way to go. The cost of going that route would be around a million deaths. It could wipe out what’s left of our living WWII and Korean War vets.

Herd immunity threshold is 10-20% for covid 19. There is also no way to know how many people have had it. But if people can really be reinfected, herd immunity will be impossible and vaccines pointless. There is no containing it without a complete and indefinite quarantine. But don't worry, your mask is the best hope we have for fighting this virus.

oldngray

nowhere special
Biden hasn't been elected as president yet. The electoral college votes in December.

Zowert

Biden, Hoffa and Chinese President Jinping are working on a deal to bring over the Chinese foreigners to replace you. You will have nothing to worry about, unemployment will pay more anyway.
$1600/week to sit at home, sounds good to me. Wait if it’s more then at least $1601.

Box Ox

Biden hasn't been elected as president yet. The electoral college votes in December.
49CC9337-439C-4CD5-9023-4B46CC287577.gif

watdaflock?

No, they shouldn’t have done any shutdowns and we would be close to herd immunity by now
Are you such an idiot at work, or only while on the internet? A planned exposure to infect of millions of additional people as well as the severe illness and preventable deaths of hundreds of thousands of people is not the answer.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Are you such an idiot at work, or only while on the internet? A planned exposure to infect of millions of additional people as well as the severe illness and preventable deaths of hundreds of thousands of people is not the answer.

That's the only other solution you could come up with besides full lock downs? Interesting.