Covid symptom tracker before work?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yep.

And I never even worked @ UPS.

Never started out as a part-time worker in the hub.... never drove a pkg car.... never worked in feeders.

:biggrin:

That must be frustrating, to always be wrong.

-Bug-
Sure- that picture certainly proves me....wrong. Lol. You can be anybody that you want to be on the internet. Show me a snapshot of your four chins and I'll believe that you are a business agent....lol.

JJinVA

Yep. I listen to doctors for medical advise. Not governors or managers for the same reason I take roofing advise from roofers and not plumbers. Unless of course, they want to be sued for Practicing Medicine Without a License. Im sure I could find a team of attorneys willing to make some extra vacation money

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m trying to figure this out. I’m awaiting a call from my BA but how does ups get away with telling us to do symptom checker on their website before work. What if we don’t have a thermometer? Or what if we have members that don’t have the internet. They are saying in my building it’s gov mandated.

I get they can say wear mask in the building I think they have that right to do that. They also will see production will to a lot slower because it’s 90 degrees and you can’t breath as well.

Does anyone have any insight on whether they can make you do this on your own time. The most logical way to do this is have supervisor after you punch in take a infrared thermometer and check your temp and sign whatever sheet and book done. Since we don’t do pcm anymore you could quickly get 15 people done during that pcm time.
Why track it? Just worry about yourself.

DRporch

I’m in the center all region and they started this today. And of all people to hand them out and say “do it before work” one was a union steward....

Faceplanted

I’m in the center all region and they started this today. And of all people to hand them out and say “do it before work” one was a union steward....
Once you start working (filing out the covid tracker) your on the clock. File a grievance at the end of the week for the 5 hours of pay your are owed.

542thruNthru

We started this 3 weeks ago and I haven't done it yet, haven't heard a peep. Does anyone actually even check this crap? I'm thinking no....

Stopped trying here a while ago. Now its just a verbal answer while you walk in and a temp check.

Nurse: "are you all No?"
Nurse scans forehead
Walk in.

And yes you heard me right. They are nurses from a different company.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stopped trying here a while ago. Now its just a verbal answer while you walk in and a temp check.

Nurse: "are you all No?"
Nurse scans forehead
Walk in.

And yes you heard me right. They are nurses from a different company.
Our center manager just started really pushing for us to do it the last few days.

I honestly don’t really get the point. If I’m sick I am going to call in. Plus it’s not like no one in the history of the world has ever started to feel sick on their drive to work. It happens.

polyp

They tried to do it here yesterday. A huge cluster of fulltimers on the way into the building. Absolute bystander effect. Just keep walking and none of them were willing to take the initiative and stop you.