Coworker bullying

Returntosender

Call law enforcement, get a TRO on the employee. Now management is forced to react. Becuase now operations management have to report the incidenet to division level. Once you go to court and get incident/s documented. Divison level now has to get involved investigating everyone from the first incident and how it was handled. Divison level management is going to keep all of this inhouse"oeprations and division level". Because Division level does'nt want district and region hearling of this harrassment case. Becuase all kinds of doors are going to open.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Get to work in time to punch in. Sounds like a big baby. You only see people you need to. If that doesn't work. Kick his ass! Away from UPS

bitter to the bone

So it sounds like you aren't going to do anything about this. And if I was management, this is exactly what I would hope you would do. Harassment is like a wave, it peaks and it ebbs. You are just happy it has stopped and your supe is being nice to you. But I bet you anything, it has not stopped. It will happen again. If you won't call the 1-800 number, do what Andrew says and document everything. As a driver, I have a "diary" that I fill out everyday telling me how the day went and anything unusual. Packages delivered, stops, where they were, miles driven, weather, hours worked, etc. So far I haven't had to use it. And you should have one too.

I spoke to one of my fellow coworkers today who works in my area. She told me that the shift supe had called her into his office and asked if she had any issues with anyone or anything going on in our area.

She told the shift supe that she has an issue with the behavior of the coworker who is bullying me. She said that she was tired of seeing this coworker bully, harrass and try to intimidate me and virtually get away with it. She also continued to say that even though she isn't a direct target of the bullying, the harassing behavior is creating a hostile work environment and ends up stressing everyone out.

I am not going to immediately call the 1-800 number. I'll document everything and wait a bit to see if the shift supe is going to do anything about my situation. He did talk to my coworker who stuck up for me so maybe he is going to do something about my situation. Just because I don't immediately call the corporate hotline and report him certainly doesn't mean that I'm going to "not do anything about this". I am documenting everything and I will speak to the shif supe again and ask him what he's planning to do about the situation. It does appear that he is making an effort to take care of it . If he doesn't then I will call the corporate hotline.

dillweed

Glad to hear your boss is investigating and that you have a co-worker who will speak up.

I agree with documentation. If I smell trouble I begin to take notes daily.

Helen is a well seasoned upser with experince and wisdom but like you, I'd hold up on the hotline as long as possible.

Meanwhile, try not to even look at the troublemaker or say anything about him to anyone. Easier said than done but it keeps yourself clean.

I'm rooting for you and appreciate the updates. Keep your head up!

mikeups1978

I've been bullied by supervisors and co workers alike. It seems management just wants to look the other way cause all they care about is themselves and their money. It seems nothing gets done if U complain. Some people at my center would call their attorneys, and EEOC ( I suggest that's what U do!). If U call corporate about anything ( I think) they'll just tell your center HR about the problem and expect them to handle it. Good luck!

bitter to the bone

Glad to hear your boss is investigating and that you have a co-worker who will speak up.

I agree with documentation. If I smell trouble I begin to take notes daily.

Helen is a well seasoned upser with experince and wisdom but like you, I'd hold up on the hotline as long as possible.

Meanwhile, try not to even look at the troublemaker or say anything about him to anyone. Easier said than done but it keeps yourself clean.

I'm rooting for you and appreciate the updates. Keep your head up!

Thanks for the support Dill. I'll keep the updates coming.

I'm hoping for a resolution soon. I know I need to be patient and give the boss a chance to prove he's listened to my complaint and is going to do something about it. When I wrote that I thought he wasn't going to do anything I was thinking emotionally but after writing everything down and thinking logically, I know I can't shoot off and report him until he's clearly proven that he's not going to do anything about the situation. No use in making enemies out of management when they might be able to help you.

As for the insinuated threat that I would be fired along with the instigating party if the situation continued, I have that documented as well and will use that as evidence if I need to call the corporate hotline. I'm looking at every angle of this thing. I want a resolution to this matter but I don't want to lose my job either. Right now I need to work with management for the solution, not against them.

Mangler

Well an example is ignoring me, pretending he does not hear or see me when I have to interact with him for work, Mocking me for talking to my managers about being harassed such as making crying noises and them repeating things I've said as loud as he can. This was today. So how does HR work?
Punch him in the ******** face. Wait a second for him to realize what is happening then punch him repeatedly (in the face) until he is bleeding substantially. Then just tell your supervisor that he threatened to stab you.

Moderators note: The opinions of this poster do not reflect the opinions of Brown Cafe management or staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Punch him in the ******** face. Wait a second for him to realize what is happening then punch him repeatedly (in the face) until he is bleeding substantially. Then just tell your supervisor that he threatened to stab you.

Finally a viable solution.

bitter to the bone

Punch him in the ********* face. Wait a second for him to realize what is happening then punch him repeatedly (in the face) until he is bleeding substantially. Then just tell your supervisor that he threatened to stab you.

You've got to be joking right?? Where do you work Ghetto UPS????

helenofcalifornia

And you wrote down in your documentation what the coworker said to the supe and his response? It would be nice if this could be resolved at a local level. How's the bully boy responding to all this new attention? And does he have many friends who back him up?

bitter to the bone

I talked to my area supervisor tonight and asked him what was being done about my situation. He said that all my coworkers in my area have talked to the shift supervisor and told their side of the story and the situation is being monitored closely. If there are anymore occurences. then we are to tell him (area supe) and he will relay the information to the shift supe.

My area supe told me that the coworker that is causing all the problems was talked to as well. I noticed that this person didn't seem quite as "high and mighty" this evening. It appears that the talk with the shift supe cooled their jets a little. I hope now that this person, knowing that management is watching everything in my area, will cease their adverse behavior towards me. It appears to be working so far.

I'm still documenting everything in case I need it. I'm still going to be very vigilant with this because I still am not satisfied 100% that this is all over. I know that given a chance, my offensive coworker will revert to their old ways, as they have done before, and try to instigate something. Sorry, I just don't believe that they will change their ways, because so far they haven't shown any remorse for the anguish they have caused not only me, but for all my coworkers in my area.

For now I am satisfied with the outcome of things and relieved to know that management is taking a proactive approach to this whole situation. I'm going to continue to do my job and keep my nose clean as I have done all along. And once again, I will enjoy coming to work instead of dreading it.:happy-very: