Coyote Logistics

Neanderthal

Neither side has the balls to strike and you know this

You don’t think ups is willing to take us on?

14.5 billion dollars is the cost of this new contract. That’s new money in top of what the contract already provides.

They might lose that and make more after there’s no union left.

The relationship of the teamsters and ups could dissapear over night and take several pension plans with it.

Recognize the risks

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You are the union. We are the union.

If you don’t like what is happening: Stand up and become elected. The process is democratic and the fight will never stop.

Rise up to fight not for your future, but the future of those that come after you as they are your bedrock for security in your retirement.

Every package writes a paycheck, and every moment spent educating the youth ensures a pension check.

It is a shared responsibility for all of us
You’re absolutely right.....and that’s exactly what myself and others are now doing. The Teamsters have grown fat on us....they’ve benefited from the explosion of e-commerce from little to no effort on their part. They’ve failed in so many aspects and have only had real relevance due to their connection to UOS and it’s success. Ask yourself.....why doesn’t the union have sales leads or push to find new business, they’re the ones with the most to gain. Instead they force peak hires to pay a months unon dues when they don’t even have cards. Let that sink in....they’re a business with only one product, opportunistic leaching.

You don’t think ups is willing to take us on?

14.5 billion dollars is the cost of this new contract. That’s new money in top of what the contract already provides.

They might lose that and make more after there’s no union left.

The relationship of the teamsters and ups could dissapear over night and take several pension plans with it.

Recognize the risks
It doesn't have to come down to a strike. Clean up the language a little bit and give the part timers who have been here a couple of years a little more than a new hire

I take it you didn't work here in 97?

Neanderthal

It doesn't have to come down to a strike. Clean up the language a little bit and give the part timers who have been here a couple of years a little more than a new hire

I take it you didn't work here in 97?

If the part time employees turned out a vote, this would likely come to fruition

I assume you are full-time.

Are you willing to forgoe a raise in order to promote the wage of the part-time employee?

The company would agree to pay part timers 25 an hour if we agreed to relinquish our raises. Not sure many would agree to that

This contract is built to reward those that stick around. What Person facing re-election would take from the rank and file that are career teamsters to pay a 1-4 year employee a better wage for the temporary amount of time they are here?

It isn’t as if the opportunity for full-time is absent for those that choose to exercise their seniority

If the part time employees turned out a vote, this would likely come to fruition

I assume you are full-time.

Are you willing to forgoe a raise in order to promote the wage of the part-time employee?

The company would agree to pay part timers 25 an hour if we agreed to relinquish our raises. Not sure many would agree to that

This contract is built to reward those that stick around. What Person facing re-election would take from the rank and file that are career teamsters to pay a 1-4 year employee a better wage for the temporary amount of time they are here?

It isn’t as if the opportunity for full-time is absent for those that choose to exercise their seniority
You are incorrect on the part that the company wants people to stick around. They want a disposable workforce now

Neanderthal

You are incorrect on the part that the company wants people to stick around. They want a disposable workforce now

I wasn’t referencing the company.

I was referencing the teamsters union. They have to sell us every contract.

Why sell one that rewards a group that doesn’t vote.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Both do....nothing shores up a fledgling pension fund quicker then members not sticking around long enough to draw from it. UPS prefers drivers half way through their progression....they’re competent drivers by then but make much less and have zero 9.5 protection.

Heavy Package

Damn, guys. Just vote the way you want. I voted NO because the Master language needs to be cleaned up in regards to work available, 5-day 40-hr work week protection, 22.4, 9.5 protection, and technology protection for PT-ers.

I also think we can get larger wage increases and a catch-up raise or bonus payout for PT-ers.

Regardless of all the jokes, this contract is a big deal and will have consequences well beyond the 5-yr term. I firmly believe this contract needs to get voted down and renegotiated. We as the Union need drastic leadership change moving forward as well.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

We will be striking UPS. This will change the business model forever. It should get interesting.
What does it say if you check yes?
“Phew... Good thing because we don’t have the time, nor the balls todo anything besides try to use a last minute scare tactic!”

Tony remember this, we didn’t just wake up one day and decide we had enough. This was a work in progress. It was caused by an out of controlled abusive company (that any long time union rep has no clue of) and a union that has progressively been asleep at the wheel. So don’t blame people for voting no. I used to vote based on how I imagined how I’d be treated over the next contract. Not any more! Now I base my vote on how I was treated on the last 5 years.
Plus since the scare tactics have been included in the actual vote, I’m now calling the unions bluff just on principle. The union has now sunk to coercion! Smfh!

Heavy Package

Are you willing to give up a raise in order to increase the wage of a 22.3 or 22.4 employee?

I believe all wage increases for FT and PT are TOO LOW in the tentative agreement.

UPS needs to return to the employer of choice for this industry. Our new PT workforce looks like a bunch of drugged-up convicts on a work release program. Show up to work on time bonuses. Weekly "Prize Giveaways". The insanity is endless.

How about this - You start at $15/hr and have industry leading benefits at no cost to you at 1-yr. Pension program. 5-yr contract that takes you to $20/hr PT after 5 years. Guarantee 4-hr paid day with OT after hrs worked. $1/hr wage increases per year for FT employees as well.

Existing PT employee contract ratification bonus of $500/yr of service with a max payout of $5000.

Why do you continually bark at FT drivers? You think we don't know how hard you work and how poorly treated you guys are? We need to stand together on this turkey of a contract and get what we deserve.

Tony Q

What does it say if you check yes?
“Phew... Good thing because we don’t have the time, nor the balls todo anything besides try to use a last minute scare tactic!”

Tony remember this, we didn’t just wake up one day and decide we had enough. This was a work in progress. It was caused by an out of controlled abusive company (that any long time union rep has no clue of) and a union that has progressively been asleep at the wheel. So don’t blame people for voting no. I used to vote based on how I imagined how I’d be treated over the next contract. Not any more! Now I base my vote on how I was treated on the last 5 years.
Plus since the scare tactics have been included in the actual vote, I’m now calling the unions bluff just on principle. The union has now sunk to coercion! Smfh!
Everything was okay with you until last August when Sean was fired. There are thousands of posts on this web site to prove this. You are a shill.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Everything was okay with you until last August when Sean was fired. There are thousands of posts on this web site to prove this. You are a shill.
So you’re saying that I’m not supposed to be angry because the guy I backed to help actually fight this company was removed over politics? I’m not denying the fact that I supported Hoffa because of Sean. I’m not hiding behind another created username. The real question is why did I not see it earlier? You’re right, everything was going fine until last August. Not my fault! Because I supported other contracts, I’m not allowed to have a voice in this one? I’ve said I could vote yes, but I can’t for 3 reasons. I cast my vote this morning and after hearing the bull crap scare talk about giving the union the authorization to strike and that it might happen, I decided to call the unions bluff. The fact that we have a significant extension tells me the union is in no position to call a strike. Fix the 3 issues and I’ll vote yes. Stop violating people’s article 19 constitutional rights by strong arming them into your political world. Because the courts may require browncafe to submit IP addresses someday. I can stand behind mine, can you?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

More lies! Next week they will be claiming the new contract costs the company $20 billion and a cow for every employee. I just want my damn turkey back!

GIVE ME MY DAMN TURKEY FOOLS!

Overnite was bought out! What company bought them out and then cried poor?

The teamsters want a big turnover also. Those initiation fees bring in big bucks. And of the employees don't stick around for five years, they aren't invested in the pension

Take it a step further.... If you allow employees to be worked so hard they can not physically make it to the golden 20 year mark what is the pension obligation? That's right $175 a month. Years 1-19 gets you a grand total of $175!!!