Crickets Chirping...

floridays

Have a mighty big opinion of your importance. The place ran well before you, it will run just fine after you. Just as it has after thousands of others have left. Not many people aren't replaceable.
please forgive me I forget to include this, who is irreplaceable in the work force?

bacha29

please forgive me I forget to include this, who is irreplaceable in the work force?
Spot on man .I've never encountered a person with such a completely undeserved sense of self importance. I wonder if his big ego resulted in him being pushed out rather than simply leaving out of his own free will and volition .

Oldfart

There is no one, from the CEO down to the custodian, who cannot be replaced.
Replaced? Yes. Replaced with the same quality of employee is a matter of opinion. Jobs got ran off from Apple, yet he came back. They have thrived since his death but who knows what he would have done at Apple today.

Urban Myer left as the coach at University of Florida. Florida has not been the same.

Tommy Lasorda left as manager of the Dodgers. Took them a long time to get to the World Series.
How many NBA championships has Chicago won after Jordan left?
Plenty of examples in sports where a coach or star player left and the team was never the same. They were replaced but not by the same caliber of person.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Spot on man .I've never encountered a person with such a completely undeserved sense of self importance. I wonder if his big ego resulted in him being pushed out rather than simply leaving out of his own free will and volition .
Now you're starting to sound like OF. Shame.

floridays

Not sure of your question. I said most everyone is replaceable and you repeated the question.[/Q
Not sure of your question. I said most everyone is replaceable and you repeated the question.
Pretty simple, the question was, Who is irreplaceable in the work force? The answer is no one. Everyone in the workforce can and at sometime be replaced. Many will be replaced by a superior employee. I'm guessing fedex is anxiously awaiting your better replacement.
Knock anything off the bucket list today?

Oldfart

Pretty simple, the question was, Who is irreplaceable in the work force? The answer is no one. Everyone in the workforce can and at sometime be replaced. Many will be replaced by a superior employee. I'm guessing fedex is anxiously awaiting your better replacement.
Knock anything off the bucket list today?
Like I said. How many championships have the Bulls won since Jordan was replaced when he retired. Replacing someone is easy. Replacing them with an equal quality employee is another.

I did check something off my bucket list. I went to my first Alabama vs Tennessee football game. I believe Bama could maybe beat a bad NFL team. They are unbelievable and maybe unbeatable.

Fedex just might replace me with a better employee. Never claimed to be the best. Just reliable as far as attendance and safe as far as driving. Plenty are faster but that doesn't bother me. As long as I am somewhere in the middle, my manager is happy.

Last edited:

floridays

Like I said. How many championships have the Bulls won since Jordan was replaced when he retired. Replacing someone is easy. Replacing them with an equal quality employee is another.

I did check something off my bucket list. I went to my first Alabama vs Tennessee football game. I believe Bama could maybe beat a bad NFL team. They are unbelievable and maybe unbeatable.
You still miss it, the question was who is irreplaceable in the workforce. No qualifiers were included in the question. The correct answer is no one. Just to humor me please post an oldfarts bucket list.

floridays

Fedex just might replace me with a better employee. Never claimed to be the best. Just reliable as far as attendance and safe as far as driving. Plenty are faster but that doesn't bother me. As long as I am somewhere in the middle, my manager is happy.

floridays

You still haven't done it till you see it at Neyland. I've Seen many UT- Bama games, didn't think it was that big of a bucket list thing, and it certainly doesn't mean :censored2: at nut cuttin time. A little southern lingo, hope it's appreciated.

Oldfart

You still miss it, the question was who is irreplaceable in the workforce. No qualifiers were included in the question. The correct answer is no one. Just to humor me please post an oldfarts bucket list.
I want to see a Redsox game at Fenway Park.

I want to see touchdown Jesus in South Bend at a Notre Dame game.

I want to see Bama and Oklahoma, my 2 favorite teams, play for a National Championship.

I want to attend a Barrett Jackson car auction in Scottsdale and bang the gavel on a sold car.

I want to attend a Nascar race at all 23 tracks. I am up to 15 and will add Daytona next February. Saw a Supercross race there, but not cars yet.
I have one that involves Shania Twain but I will keep that to myself.
I would be satisfied if I checked those off my list. Some are more probable than others.

floridays

I liked the end of your post oldfart, a hero is a sandwich. Keep being safe for your and your families benefit. Some times it's a little hard to understand you though might be because you've got a little bit of Fred S stuck in your teeth. There is nothing like spending a day in Bryant Denny stadium. Take that how you like.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Shania spent a week in Lake Placid preparing for a world tour. I was delivering to the arena and was able to watch part of her rehearsal. Very talented and very beautiful.

floridays

I want to see a Redsox game at Fenway Park.

I want to see touchdown Jesus in South Bend at a Notre Dame game.

I want to see Bama and Oklahoma, my 2 favorite teams, play for a National Championship.

I want to attend a Barrett Jackson car auction in Scottsdale and bang the gavel on a sold car.

I want to attend a Nascar race at all 23 tracks. I am up to 15 and will add Daytona next February. Saw a Supercross race there, but not cars yet.
I have one that involves Shania Twain but I will keep that to myself.
I would be satisfied if I checked those off my list. Some are more probable than others.
Nice list, eat your vegetables, don't need that nasty cholesterol clogging your arteries screwing your plans up. Be very thank full you started at fedex when you did and got everything you will, simply because you were lucky enough to hire on when you did. The great majority of your coworkers won't experience what we were told when we hired on. Enjoy knocking that bucket list off.

Oldfart

I liked the end of your post oldfart, a hero is a sandwich. Keep being safe for your and your families benefit. Some times it's a little hard to understand you though might be because you've got a little bit of Fred S stuck in your teeth. There is nothing like spending a day in Bryant Denny stadium. Take that how you like.
People can rag on me for my loyalty to the company all they want. Doesn't bother me.

Is the company perfect? Not hardly.
Have they always done its people right? No way.

All I know is that I have a high school education and will make close to 70k this year. I have put in over 40 years with a company that never has never laid me off, cut my hourly salary or expected more out of me than I expect from myself.

In return, I have made a decent living and raised my kids and helped them go to college and provided for me and my wife to soon retire very comfortably because of a conservative lifestyle. I think those facts make it easy to be loyal.