Cursed out by Supe every day? “On Topic”

Cyclops

I’ve been training with this supe for a few and he’s helped me on some ways, but curses me out like he wants me to kill myself. It’s a new job with one of the hardest roots by his own admission. So much so that he did ALL the driving the first 3 DAYS of my trading. I’m not accustomed to taking verbal abuse, but I thought it was par for the coarse and if I say something, I get DQed or labeled negatively. I need this promotion, but I’ve had enough of this bs. Please spare me any patronizing sarcasm. Trolls, enjoy your weekend. Any real advice is welcome.

trickpony1

He's trying to get you to "go off".
It's a very common tactic of management.

Just ignore it, smile a lot and keep telling yourself, "...this, too, shall pass...".

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Really inclined to say 'suck it up'. Try it ignore it or spin everything positively and act friendly until you are home clear.
It does not get better after making book except you do not have to pretend you like the sup and will do everything for them. All you need to say then is that you drive the brown truck and deliver cardboard, or file for harassment.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I’ve been training with this supe for a few and he’s helped me on some ways, but curses me out like he wants me to kill myself. It’s a new job with one of the hardest roots by his own admission. So much so that he did ALL the driving the first 3 DAYS of my trading. I’m not accustomed to taking verbal abuse, but I thought it was par for the coarse and if I say something, I get DQed or labeled negatively. I need this promotion, but I’ve had enough of this bs. Please spare me any patronizing sarcasm. Trolls, enjoy your weekend. Any real advice is welcome.
Just say, "pipe down Goose, I got this"

Edit: sing Danger Zone alllllllllll day

Last edited:

UrFellowUpser

My ORS was very hard on me my first three days on the training route i was to qualify on and i hated every second of it and he mad me fell real dumb and incompetent. I've never been a delivery driver before nor handled a big beast like that of a UPS package car. But i was determind to prove this mother :censored2:er wrong because he swore that i was going to be sent back to my old preload position. The first day by myself on that route i was done by 230 pm taking my hour lunch waiting for pickups. Since that day he backed off they uped my dispatch and he and others saw that i could handle it and i made my 30 days and earned that :censored2:ers respect.

UrFellowUpser

Theres no compassion at UPS you justhave to suck it up and be a MAN. These Sups have to be hard because when your out there by yourself in the brown beast with a brickout load in the blind driving a :censored2:ty stick shift or automatic or something UPS has to know you can it done

Cyclops

All better now..
Theres no compassion at UPS you justhave to suck it up and be a MAN. These Sups have to be hard because when your out there by yourself in the brown beast with a brickout load in the blind driving a :censored2:ty stick shift or automatic or something UPS has to know you can it done
I understand taking taking some harshness, but screw being cussed out like some pos. I put my pants on the same way this dude does.

Cyclops

Start yelling and cussing back. “Get your slow a** out of my way you fat bas****.” Show him you mean business and can’t afford to lose time because he can’t keep up
That actually might be a good idea once I’m efficient enough. This route is bs. Shouldn’t even be a training route. Several ft drivers have told me so. I’m gonna push through though.

Cyclops

Welcome to UPS. Have a nice day.
Screw that. This isn’t prison or some third world country. This is a supposed a real company with a union. I talked to a driver who is about to retire who said he has NEVER been talked to by a supe the way I have been talked to for the last two weeks. This is not normative. And if it is, it needs to change.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Think about how much less stressed you will be when you go out by yourself. There's no need for him to act that way, but he could actually be doing it to help you out. Reminds me of drill sergeant tactics, he could be prior military.

Another way to think about the situation: it could be that's how he is normally, and maybe has to check himself at work. It's possible he thinks you are tough enough to handle rough language, so you should take it as a sign of respect, in a sense. The only word out of his mouth that should hurt your feelings is "disqualified".

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
All the supe wants to see is if he can get reaction from you and what kind. (At least that should be what he is doing)

Every driver will tell you we deal with alot of idiots on the road if you let a supe get under your skin this job isnt for you friend.
You will have customers every day that make a normal person think about shooting their brains.
A calm collected driver is a safer driver than a stressed out monster trying to get off the clock.
As a second year driver now the only thing I dread is the glod (green light of death) on saturdays at 6pm otherwise bring it.

CoolStoryBro

You have to take his hard root for 30 days.

Be quiet and let the Supervisor dig his own grave. If he does the wrong thing then Stewart can get you a second chance if you fail.

Brownnblue

The supe that trained me said I was so poor that I would not be able to do more than 50 stops in one day. Here I am, thirty-two years later, doing about 300% of that 50 stop figure. Just because they are management does not mean they are good at their craft. You can learn a lot from a poor route, just try to focus on that instead of Mr. People Skills. Hang in there.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
That is tough to take no question. What's worse is when you do make your 30 and he does it again on a 3-day or annual and you say; What the friend is your problem? He runs back to the Ctr Manager and claims YOU cursed at him. Another frustrating thing is when the guy before you or after you in his/her 30 days they're often treated so much better. They like to pull that trick too. Even if the other employee is average and you kick butt. They love singling out a couple drivers in each center as the POS of the whole group. That way drivers turn on other drivers or inside on drivers or drivers on insiders.

Welcome to UPS! Get passed your 30 and it'll only happen 2-3 times a year for the rest of your career.

Here's the bad part. A good 30 years of it will change your mind & spirit. Meaning over time you're not going to have that Christopher Robin attitude anymore. It will be as if Trump is still in the whitehouse after 30-years. You're going to slowly conform into a mean drunk type individual over the years. Unfortunate, but true. That supervisor will too.

UPS culture 101

The one thing that does keep you somewhat sane is knowing that it's not just you. UPS is doing this to employees all over the nation.

(Search Do Not Work At UPS on YouTube)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That is tough to take no question. What's worse is when you do make your 30 and he does it again on a 3-day or annual and you say; What the friend is your problem? He runs back to the Ctr Manager and claims YOU cursed at him. Another frustrating thing is when the guy before you or after you in his/her 30 days they're often treated so much better. They like to pull that trick too. Even if the other employee is average and you kick butt. They love singling out a couple drivers in each center as the POS of the whole group. That way drivers turn on other drivers or inside on drivers or drivers on insiders.

Welcome to UPS! Get passed your 30 and it'll only happen 2-3 times a year for the rest of your career.

Here's the bad part. A good 30 years of it will change your mind & spirit. Meaning over time you're not going to have that Christopher Robin attitude anymore. It will be as if Trump is still in the whitehouse after 30-years. You're going to slowly conform into a mean drunk type individual over the years. Unfortunate, but true. That supervisor will too.

UPS culture 101

The one thing that does keep you somewhat sane is knowing that it's not just you. UPS is doing this to employees all over the nation.

(Search Do Not Work At UPS on YouTube)

WORST
ADVICE
EVER

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
People here are saying I gave you bad advice. In honesty, I never even gave you advice other than just know you're not alone. It happens everywhere. They don't like me here because I'm voting Yes in the contract so I can get out alive. Yes, for me. The No voters claim they want to take care of the PT or New Hires and as Jake on YouTube says; "it's all BS" , that is the truth. No seasoned UPS vet cares one iota about an unloader, preloader, Christmas helper or new hire off the street unless they are close buddies with them or want in their panties. If I was a No guy they'd welcome me here with open arms.

Read all the YT comments on Jake G's videos of not working at UPS. Say what you want about him, but thousands of others claim it's 100% true.

So good luck if you make it or not. Now I will give you my thoughts. My personal advice.

Hourlies at UPS stay for money & bennies. UPS knows that and will always try to stay at least a tick ahead of the rest. That pertains to hourly & salary(advancement). If you don't make it. Look around at the great corporations out there that match 50% in an employee's 401(k) or they have employee appreciation day once a month with catered lunch such as shrimp & bite-size steak or chicken cordon blue and it's not about the food. It's about caring & appreciating their employees. You'll get very, very little of that your entire career at UPS. The companies I'm talking about that let there employees off at noon on Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving or Christmas. Sure, perhaps the pay there will only be $26 an hour but you'll grow up to be a much better person for it. Plus, say 20-years after you leave UPS. Drive by a UPSer's house that stayed. You'll see a vast amount of houses of folks not at UPS(their neighbors) that are just doing as fine as being a UPSer. It's your life and you have a decision to make. Options; Change for the worse for some more toys or move on and enjoy life with less.

Good Luck Bro!

Last edited: