Custom trucks for comfort or profit??

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yeah, I do NOT miss the COEs in the least little bit. As mentioned, nice for snoozing in, but that was it.
And it is quite the novelty to spy one on the highways these days (and may it forever remain so).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The International cabover's FedEx had were pieces of crap. The only good thing to be said about them was the doghouse was big enough to sleep on should you do an overlay route to the hub. We only had one COE that was a Freightliner and that was not much better than the Internationals. The White was the worst since it had no air ride and the cab was bolted directly to the frame. Like what was mentioned when was the last time you saw a COE on the road in the US?

The newer Cascadias are a piece of crap because of the constant electrical problems and the leaky front windshields. They are comfortable and drive like a sports car though compared to a COE. Never cared for driving the newer Volvos. Not sure how the 2019 Freightliners are . We have one 3 axle with the automatic for 2 months now. Supposedly good things, but still low miles on it. The LED headlights are blinding on it especially when driving the mountain pasess and in the snow. Its nice to be able to see vs the Volvo where you have to drive with the highbeams on at all times just get get some light on the road. Even with the Volvos highbeams on people don't flash you when coming the other was because they are so dim, they look just like the normal lowbeam on other trucks.

The "Volvos" (White Road Commanders re-badged as Volvos") were the worst. I heard that these were set-up for a Michigan company that hauled super heavy gravel loads and that FedEx scooped them up cheap when the order was cancelled. Horrible ride, long wheelbase, and just a piece of crap COE. The early Freightliner COE's with the 60 Series Detroits were actually pretty good, but the next model of Freightliner COE had mail slots for windows and really bad visibility. I also hated the Internationals.

Yes on sleeping across the doghouse, which I did many nights when the inbound plane with my cans was extremely late.

TNT Frosty

Are there any O/O here, or just company drivers here?; is there any O/O with a semi/trailer/trailers here.. if so, what they/you have? and what you aim to have/go towards?

Artee

Are there any O/O here, or just company drivers here?; is there any O/O with a semi/trailer/trailers here.. if so, what they/you have? and what you aim to have/go towards?

Express and Freight are company drivers
Ground owners are contractors. Own the tractors, but haul FDX trailers. Contract to only FDX so not a true O/O

If you are looking for guys/girls that own their own tractor and trailer and hire out to anyone you might want to check out some trucking forums like Truckersreport or truckersforum. I don't seek them out, so I am sure there are even more than those.

If you become an O/O you can get one of these t-shirts. Unless you are into that kind of thing.

A1BaPpZ3uHL._CLa_2140,2000_71FZNZdYMBL.png_0,0,2140,2000+679.0,572.0,779.0,935.0.jpg

TNT Frosty

closest to a lot liz I want, is the ones you run over at night... or the crazies in walmart at 1am xD (ill use american locations, as you guys would have no idea if I use aussie ones :P )

bacha29

closest to a lot liz I want, is the ones you run over at night... or the crazies in walmart at 1am xD (ill use american locations, as you guys would have no idea if I use aussie ones :P )
Gee Bud , with killer heat waves and multi year droughts of biblical proportion I'm surprised that any aquatic life is still alive down under.

Route 66

Hell, with all the poisonous damn things crawlin and squirmin and buzzin and swimmin around down there I’m more than just a bit surprised there’s any form of life left at all Down Unda. :crying:

Route 66

Yes yes, the wildlife! I was reading an article recently about the 25 deadliest creatures on the planet and something like 24 of them were indigenous to Australia. :ohmy: I always wanted to visit Oz, but after reading that I changed my travel plans to Iceland.