Customer center be closing yo

nWo

FB_IMG_1664590465114.jpg

Is this a trend nationwide?

HavenoEDD

All a part of the Tome/Home Depot experiment playbook. HR outsourced, accounting, clerks, mechanics, office workers, OMS and soon ORS positions drastically cut…. Eliminate costs, jobs and overhead to satisfy shareholders and let service fall on its face.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
All a part of the Tome/Home Depot experiment playbook. HR outsourced, accounting, clerks, mechanics, office workers, OMS and soon ORS positions drastically cut…. Eliminate costs, jobs and overhead to satisfy shareholders and let service fall on its face.
except in home depot case I believe they built a state of the art inventory management system and customer checkout system.
All we got is diad 6 and some cameras. And they can't really automate the cars yet.

Its_a_me

Our center had fdic (international) clerks cut previously from 3 to 2 (about 2 years ago when they went to mobile phones) and now they made an additional cut and combined the address correction clerk and international clerk to be one position. This happened about 2 weeks ago now. So now 1 person does both jobs.

The old address correction clerk went to loading and they hired one less person. So the union lost 1 net job. It sounds like this will be permanent.

If this happened everywhere that is significant amount of lost jobs.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
so….automated stuff that means less need cashiers, stock handlers etc.
union jobs…see where I’m going with this.
This is where the union needs to have foresight and start unionizing the people that maintenance and fix these machines. Granted it’s less net jobs but gotta start somewhere.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This is where the union needs to have foresight and start unionizing the people that maintenance and fix these machines. Granted it’s less net jobs but gotta start somewhere.

I believe they already have language in there about following work into new technology.

Enforcing it is another issue..

They just put new (customer counter) language in the 2018 contract...some Customer Counters are run by Union folk and some were not before that.

The Company would rather have the customers go to the UPS stores for services...whether it is a violation of subcontracting rules by eliminating Union work...I guess we will find out...?

Just how many Union positions will be lost..I have no clue...

PT Car Washer

Our center had fdic (international) clerks cut previously from 3 to 2 (about 2 years ago when they went to mobile phones) and now they made an additional cut and combined the address correction clerk and international clerk to be one position. This happened about 2 weeks ago now. So now 1 person does both jobs.

The old address correction clerk went to loading and they hired one less person. So the union lost 1 net job. It sounds like this will be permanent.

If this happened everywhere that is significant amount of lost jobs.
Our International clerks went from 4 to 1 and talking about reducing our PM address correction clerks from 4 to 2 after the new year.

JL 0513

My center's customer counter closed a few months ago. Weird thing is that the same clerks are still there processing all of the exceptions. Customer service continues to go down the drain even though that's all UPS sells.

I, and I'm sure every driver, has to deal with the complaints on road about how they can't reach anyone for help. They call, and someone who barely speaks English answers from another country.

Its_a_me

Our International clerks went from 4 to 1 and talking about reducing our PM address correction clerks from 4 to 2 after the new year.
That's 4 union jobs lost there (assuming not a RTW state). In my center it was 3 union jobs. They shifted them and didn't hire any new people that would have been otherwise hired.

And this is in a contract year--it's so blatant--and their is zero union push-back.