Customer center be closing yo

PT Car Washer

That's 4 union jobs lost there (assuming not a RTW state). In my center it was 3 union jobs. They shifted them and didn't hire any new people that would have been otherwise hired.

And this is in a contract year--it's so blatant--and their is zero union push-back.
No jobs lost. Everyone can bump into the sort.

Karma...

I am not surprised....customer counters don't make money and are even more costly due to the high claims from the regular customers .....

Iamsomebody

I, and I'm sure every driver, has to deal with the complaints on road about how they can't reach anyone for help. They call, and someone who barely speaks English answers from another country.
I've gotten on-call pickups to non-existant address several time. Every time, after getting it sorted out and finally arriving at the right address, the costumer mentions that the person on the phone was Indian and couldn't understand them.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Don't really need a customer counter for that.

You are forgetting that (Same Day Will Calls) are picked up at the local Customer Counters the day of the last delivery, medical emergency, NDA's and the latest I Phone. Customers are now paying 7.99 to place a package on hold, this surcharge happened about 6 months ago, before that it was a free service.

The recent firearm limitation was attended to keep our customers away from the (Union) maintained Customer Counters because the regular UPS Stores and Access Points are not allowed to deal with any firearm and always referred those shippers to the Local Counters.

Drop offs will be another issue, most of the UPS Stores close at 7 PM, and the driver pick up generally is before that cut off time. Customers that have time sensitive shipments go to the Local Counters when needed.

(Union) Jobs are lost...again maybe not lost, just subcontracted to the UPS Stores...
don't sugarcoat it...Just months before negotiations start and peak season...

Again it appears UPS is following the Fedex playbook, downsizing it's offices and gutting management positions when they can. As mentioned before that 1-800 number for customer service has been going downhill since they subcontracted overseas.

What the hell they are only Clerks and part timers...We all know who the Real Teamsters are, don't we?

Last edited:

badpal

What about same day will calls?
For years they been trying to figure out how to shut down the counters, the will call thing has been the hang-up. With places that have the UPS store and access point network set up . the writing is on the wall for those counter jobs. If you see a center manager or on road sups actually walk into a counter with a tape measure. They may be dreaming of getting a bigger office.

qdg2

OMG.

They are called.....customer counters. Customers.

You guys forget we have them........

Hell.....let's just get rid of customers...no problems at all.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
UPS wants to close our customer counter, but it is staying too busy, due to our clerks selling the service on Facebook and Neighborhood watch social media

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am not surprised....customer counters don't make money and are even more costly due to the high claims from the regular customers .....

Back in your day that was true (40 years ago)...now these UPS Stores have that headache.

Ever try to make a claim at one of those?

Better luck calling the 1-800 number.

Most of the Customer Counters now deal with pick ups, drop offs and Amazon returns...

I remember that we had a UPS Store that was late several months on his billing, the center granted him an exemption in order to keep them in business. There are some UPS Stores that refuse to accept holds, I believe that the Access Points get a small payment on each package held at their locations..

Fact is that the Company has been targeting these Counter for decades, at one time there were no such thing as a UPS Store or Access Point.

qdg2

Back in your day that was true (40 years ago)...now these UPS Stores have that headache.

Ever try to make a claim at one of those?

Better luck calling the 1-800 number.

Most of the Customer Counters now deal with pick ups, drop offs and Amazon returns...

I remember that we had a UPS Store that was late several months on his billing, the center granted him an exemption in order to keep them in business. There are some UPS Stores that refuse to accept holds, I believe that the Access Points get a small payment on each package held at their locations..

Fact is that the Company has been targeting these Counter for decades, at one time there were no such thing as a UPS Store or Access Point.
Like so much these days......

The Company acts like it's not happening......

HR. Security.

Just eliminate it and hope for the best. Or not care.

They do this with Automotive. PE. Extend...stretch.

The rest of us always holding the bag....picking up the slack.

Its_a_me

If person A bumps down to the sort: they hire 1 less sorter as they now have person A down there.

They are shorthanded (at least we are here) and now have 1 clerk filling that opening. So no hire = 1 job loss.

So yes PT Car Washer--jobs lost.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I love getting back from my route and I’ll hide in the customer counter area and listen to all the customers complaining 😂
🧔‍♂️✊