Customer center be closing yo

PT Car Washer

If person A bumps down to the sort: they hire 1 less sorter as they now have person A down there.

They are shorthanded (at least we are here) and now have 1 clerk filling that opening. So no hire = 1 job loss.

So yes PT Car Washer--jobs lost.
You are correct. One less minimum wage job that the company can not fill anyway because of the low wages. A PT sup will fill the job.

UPSER1987

OMG.

They are called.....customer counters. Customers.

You guys forget we have them........

Hell.....let's just get rid of customers...no problems at all.
Yeah let’s just pay someone to process the 6 customers that come through the door.
You guys act like UPS is the only place trying to save a buck. You got to use your common sense sometimes. Why do you think there are self service gas stations, banks and grocery stores? They all have customers…
Guess where unproductive costs wind up? The customer. No problem at all lol.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yeah let’s just pay someone to process the 6 customers that come through the door.
You guys act like UPS is the only place trying to save a buck. You got to use your common sense sometimes. Why do you think there are self service gas stations, banks and grocery stores? They all have customers…
Corporate is not closing the UPS Stores they are promoting them.. Why?

The Company fully expects our customers to go to these UPS Stores to ship and pick up packages when they close these center counters. Just how many of our customers will go to their local post offices or other couriers when they see that their local Customer Counters are closed or reduced hours out of spite and convenience.

Better watch out for that unproductive remark..your position or the one you want might be considered redundant in the near future..

Doesn’t take too much common sense why the Company is starting to take this action just before peak and the Contract negotiations.

qdg2

Corporate is not closing the UPS Stores they are promoting them.. Why?

The Company fully expects our customers to go to these UPS Stores to ship and pick up packages when they close these center counters. Just how many of our customers will go to their local post offices or other couriers when they see that their local Customer Counters are closed or reduced hours out of spite and convenience.

Better watch out for that unproductive remark..your position or the one you want might be considered redundant in the near future..

Doesn’t take too much common sense why the Company is starting to take this action just before peak and the Contract negotiations.
+
This guy^^^^ seems to think there aren't any other choices.

40+ years ago....it was made crystal clear that UPS didn't make a cent unless we were picking up a pkg. That's how we made our money. Everything else was an expense.

Personally, I make choices based on customer service and even how I was/am treated by the business. I shun businesses for life because of their customer experience. Lot's of other folks do too.......

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
+

40+ years ago....it was made crystal clear that UPS didn't make a cent unless we were picking up a pkg. That's how we made our money. Everything else was an expense.

Personally, I make choices based on customer service and even how I was/am treated by the business. I shun businesses for life because of their customer experience. Lot's of other folks do too.......
1664803294687.png

DELACROIX

+

Have you ever eaten at a restaurant with lousy service or rotten food?

Would you go back or choose another diner?

This pandemic has given these Corporations an excuse for pathetic customer service, outsourcing and undermanning excuses for poor services.

Remember that these counter positions were considered “essential” during the pandemic. Now they are expendable?

UPSER1987

+

It is about the customer, even if it doesn’t align with your thinking. How convenient are Amazon lockers for CUSTOMERS to pick or drop their package? Available 24/7.
If your second paragraph were true, UPS would already be out of business. Beat up package tossed in the driveway. Some customer service lol.

DELACROIX

Usually between 30 and 40 delivery stops, couple hundred packages delivered, Ship about 10 a day, Drop offs are a couple of hundred a day

...and your hours?... open on Saturday?

Before the UPS stores the average full time counter was probably processing well over 200 a day...at peak well over a thousand.

Sounds like you are a big counter... if they close it down it will be just plain stupid, then again...it is a contract year so anything is possible.

DELACROIX

It is about the customer, even if it doesn’t align with your thinking. How convenient are Amazon lockers for CUSTOMERS to pick or drop their package? Available 24/7.
If your second paragraph were true, UPS would already be out of business. Beat up package tossed in the driveway. Some customer service lol.

Yeap..Just ask L/P how that is going...:consoling:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
...and your hours?... open on Saturday?

Before the UPS stores the average full time counter was probably processing well over 200 a day...at peak well over a thousand.

Sounds like you are a big counter... if they close it down it will be just plain stupid, then again...it is a contract year so anything is possible.
9 until 8 mon-fri
10 until 1 Saturday

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I believe that we were told about something like this might be coming because UPS mentioned something at a meeting or panel. The word from the top was to grieve it immediately and it would go as far as we could to fight it.

DELACROIX

I believe that we were told about something like this might be coming because UPS mentioned something at a meeting or panel. The word from the top was to grieve it immediately and it would go as far as we could to fight it.

Could it become a "Strike" issue :nono2: ...otherwise let us just put the kettle on... :hamwheelsmilf:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Customer center be closing yo​

And now a Wallation™:

The UPS Customer Facility will be permanently closing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
+

If I had a store and you showed up with your holier than though attitude
I’d bounce you out the door on your ass
before you knew what hit you