Customer help - left behind package overnight air

ikoi62

Overnights not done today ( Friday ) will always be done on Saturday.

Stay home and have no plans for awhile, at least for half of the morning.

The upgrade wouldve happened without your calls. I understand the need, it couldve been anything. Pills, documents, anything worth the need to apply to this forum obviously.

Good luck to you!

i dont know where you work but nda's left in building never get upgraded unless someone complains about it.
i have seen airs in my building that were picked up Friday still sitting in building on Monday.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Overnights not done today ( Friday ) will always be done on Saturday.
The impression I've gotten is that is only done if say: the plane from NYC to Louisville on Thursday night, or from Louisville to FL Friday morning is cancelled; and there are 1000s of pieces (nationwide) that were to be delivered on Friday morning (service failures). It drastically increases the workload on Saturday drivers, but helps with what would be double the number of Monday air deliveries. Unfortunately if those Friday deliveries were going to businesses that are closed on Saturday, the consignees will not get their shipment until Monday. Unless they manage to contact the shipper, who can try to have a delivery change request made to another address.

If you're talking about a situation where a NDA made it to FL, and was attempted but not delivered (Not In/Closed/etc.) on Friday, then I believe the next delivery attempt will be Monday; unless the upgrade (with charge in this case) to Saturday is specifically requested.

hembone

Thanks, had I known that I wouldn't have been so worried. Saying that, I got the message from everyone I spoke to on the phone that it would come Monday not Saturday and that upgrading was not policy yada yada.

Cheers.
Hope you get your package tomorrow. Let everyone how it turns out. Sorry you had a hassle but you did the right thing following up to make sure it goes out for delivery tomorrow.

mrl72

Should I be worried that the tracking status just changed to:

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:Monday, 01/09/2012, by 10:30 A.M.

mrl72

Really? Dang I thought I nailed it after speaking with the person at the facility who said they had the "Air" dept. upgrade it to tomorrow (sat). :(

hembone

Just an update: I called the 718 number posted by AKX. FYI I was able to talk to a supervisor earlier who had a similar number but when I called her back she just left for the day. Luckily for me, the girl I talked to was VERY nice (dang I forgot to get her name) so I told her that the [supervisor] was tracking the package and was upgrading to Sat delivery for me. The girl said she called Air[?] and they still had the package and had them upgrade it to Saturday! Fingers crossed I'll get it tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone that chipped in to help, very much appreciated and providing my package comes tomorrow would have saved me a major inconvenience!

Cheers!
Based on this if I were you I'd sleep easy tonight.

rocket man

you have to much free time to track this .Give it a chance to get there . youi must no a lot more then you are telling to be talking about it on this site?

old levi's

blank space
To the OP: At this time your pkg.is in West Palm Beach, Fl.
If that sounds good and they managed to upgrade to Sat. Del. even if only by placing an orange sticker under the bar code you may still have a chance. Hope this works out for you!

mrl72

Thanks for the updates guys. I'm also saw it just updated to leaving the airport and heading to the nearest facility. Fingers crossed they marked it with Sat delivery and it'll change to out for delivery status. The facility near me does not have a counter open on Saturdays so I can't pick it up.

Will report back if it arrives.

Cheers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the pkg does not update with Saturday delivery I would call the center to see if there is any way that you could pick it up today. The counter may not be open but there is a Saturday air supervisor working who may be able to help you.

old levi's

blank space
If it shows out for delivery, do not leave the house. Package is signature required; if you leave for 3 minutes that's when the driver will show up. Do not leave a note.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It would not be moving today if it was not marked with Saturday delivery. Now the other point.....are you in a commit area. That is a metro versus a rural area that has Saturday delivery commit.