Customer help - left behind package overnight air

mrl72

If the facility does have a Saturday commit (I'm not rural) do the trucks get loaded later on a Saturday morning? Normally I've seen out for delivery as early as 6am during a weekday.

Also is there an easy way to obtain the phone number for this facility should I need to call? When I call the 800 number it seems impossible to get put through.

Cheers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If it shows out for delivery, do not leave the house. Package is signature required; if you leave for 3 minutes that's when the driver will show up. Do not leave a note.
Here, policy is that every package get two attempts on Saturday. Not sure if it is local policy, or not.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If the facility does have a Saturday commit (I'm not rural) do the trucks get loaded later on a Saturday morning? Normally I've seen out for delivery as early as 6am during a weekday.

Also is there an easy way to obtain the phone number for this facility should I need to call? When I call the 800 number it seems impossible to get put through.

Cheers.
There is no easy way to get the phone number.

The package will be out for delivery, the drivers are probably leaving the building right now. Your package is likely committed for 12pm so it should be there within three hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So basically it could be on the truck even if the status does not show out for delivery?

Yes. I can't speak for other centers but in my center Saturday NDA is not brought back to the center for processing--it is sorted at the airport. The driver separates the Saturday air from the other air and delivers those air only. The packages are not in his DIAD and are not shown as out for delivery on ups.com The tracking information is updated after a delivery attempt has been made.

over9five

Staff member
I can't wait for some customer to post this problem for my building so I can just go get the package for him and meet him at the gate with it.

IE, too bad someone from that building wasn't here on BC.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't wait for some customer to post this problem for my building so I can just go get the package for him and meet him at the gate with it.

IE, too bad someone from that building wasn't here on BC.

It's funny you mentioned this as this happened to me a few years ago. A friend of mine was taking his wife on a cruise and she had ordered a bikini for Saturday NDA. The driver attempted and could not find the house, which is a whole story in itself. Anyway, my friend calls me to see if there is any way that he could get the package. I called my sup, relayed what had happened and asked him if I could go to the bldg and retrieve the pkg for my friend. I also asked if I would trip any alarms if I were to go in. He said yes that I could go the bldg and no to the alarms. Long story short, my friend got the package, I got a $20 gift certificate to his michigan stand and he got to see his wife in a bikini while on vacation.

old levi's

blank space
mrl72, Also be aware that there is likely a relaxed commit time for Sat. delivery. Fewer drivers covering larger areas.
Just saying , don't give up if you don't have the package by 10:30.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
mrl72 I do hope your pkg shows up,it looks as though it will!! In any event, don't loose faith in UPS service,as you have read here alot of people who arn't even at work have tried to help you out !! You wouldn't get this treatment from employees at most companies.
This type of thing happens once in a while,unfortuatly it happened to you!
we do 16 million pkgs a day and its bound to happen. the general public sees the Brown truck pull up and gets pkg,end of story ??? No, they don't see what we go through to get it there ,between the pick up driver,the unloaders the sorters the airport people the Trailer drivers to your driver!! A lot of good people working hard !! Even off the clock as you have witnessed here on the B.C !! hope you consider this and remember how you have been treated !! Good luck,I hope you get this pkg,enjoy it and know UPS people givve 100 % all the time !!!

over9five

Staff member
mrl72 i do hope your pkg shows up,it looks as though it will!! In any event, don't loose faith in ups service,as you have read here alot of people who arn't even at work have tried to help you out !! You wouldn't get this treatment from employees at most companies.
This type of thing happens once in a while,unfortuatly it happened to you!
We do 16 million pkgs a day and its bound to happen. The general public sees the brown truck pull up and gets pkg,end of story ??? No, they don't see what we go through to get it there ,between the pick up driver,the unloaders the sorters the airport people the trailer drivers to your driver!! A lot of good people working hard !! Even off the clock as you have witnessed here on the b.c !! Hope you consider this and remember how you have been treated !! Good luck,i hope you get this pkg,enjoy it and know ups people givve 100 % all the time !!!
that's what i'm talkin' about!!!!!

mrl72

6653030083_e61f55e7a1.jpg

Well look what just showed up!!

BIG BIG thanks to everyone on this forum who contributed to this thread and gave advice and without it I would have been waiting until Monday. Lesson learned though, I won't be leaving it until last minute to ship something overnight especially before a weekend!

Thanks again and have a great weekend all!
6653030083_e61f55e7a1.jpg

hembone

View attachment 6293

Well look what just showed up!!

BIG BIG thanks to everyone on this forum who contributed to this thread and gave advice and without it I would have been waiting until Monday. Lesson learned though, I won't be leaving it until last minute to ship something overnight especially before a weekend!

Thanks again and have a great weekend all!
I love a happy ending.