Cut in hours, 1 hour breaks and no overtime

unclefred

As I read posts people are complaining we are led by morons, that is incorrect. We are led by calculated suits that could care less about their customers or employees but on how they will look! We suffer while they gain and no manager will stand up because we are not united!!! We need an up or down vote on the union. We need to protect ourselves after all they are protecting themselves. Wake up people we need to unite and that is the only way to beat them. If you like sitting on the road for an extra 30 minutes of unpaid break sweating your a%# off while the decision makers cash their bonus in their air conditioned office or creating a situation that kills whatever moral was left then sit this one out. I never wanted a union because I was drinking the Kool-aid and thought we would always have a job but not anymore. We need to unite!!!!!

bbsam

Staff member
OMFG!!! I just imagine hundreds of like minded couriers suddenly waking up to these facts now after years of such discussions...now that it's too late!!!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
preaching to the choir here unfortunately... there still remains and always (it seems) will be too many deer-in-the-headlight kool-aid drinkers amongst the rank and file to do anything about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As I read posts people are complaining we are led by morons, that is incorrect. We are led by calculated suits that could care less about their customers or employees but on how they will look! We suffer while they gain and no manager will stand up because we are not united!!! We need an up or down vote on the union. We need to protect ourselves after all they are protecting themselves. Wake up people we need to unite and that is the only way to beat them. If you like sitting on the road for an extra 30 minutes of unpaid break sweating your a%# off while the decision makers cash their bonus in their air conditioned office or creating a situation that kills whatever moral was left then sit this one out. I never wanted a union because I was drinking the Kool-aid and thought we would always have a job but not anymore. We need to unite!!!!!

All correct, except our suits are actually morons.

MAKAVELI

One of the best things you can do is be safe and WAD. If it results in lates, so be it. If it results in dropping ob and staying out, so be it. Don't let them bully you into speeding, cutting corners , or anything else that can and will come back to you. Put the decision on them. And if they pressure you in any way otherwise, get it in writing. They want me to take an hour then I will run cycles, drop ob and stay out . This act of defiance if done on a large scale will be an act of being united and really there is nothing they can do legally to stop it. So take a deep breath and open your eyes. This shi t has going on for years and now they have stepped it up a few notches. They are coming after everyone including the kool aid drinkers. So what you goin to do?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the best things you can do is be safe and WAD. If it results in lates, so be it. If it results in dropping ob and staying out, so be it. Don't let them bully you into speeding, cutting corners , or anything else that can and will come back to you. Put the decision on them. And if they pressure you in anyway to otherwise get it in writing. They want me to take an hour then I will run cycles, drop ob and stay out . This act of defiance if done on a large scale will be an act of being united and really there is nothing they can do legally to stop it. So take a deep breath and open your eyes. This shi t has going on for years and now they have stepped it up a few notches. They are coming after everyone including the kool aid drinkers. So what you goin to do?

You are one with the WAD. Ommmm... bless you.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
for the new guy, WAD = Work As Directed - meaning do your job exactly as you've been instructed and nothing more. We all know that FedEx got to where it is today only by dedicated employees who went the extra mile and accepted P&P with a wink and a nod. Let's see how it goes now.

bbsam

Staff member
If you could handle your own situation, nothing I say would even matter to you. But truth be known, you know I'm right and you have for quite some time.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
All correct, except our suits are actually morons.

I disagree. As many times as I have had to breathe their rarified (yet stale and unimpressive) air, I am not quite sure a proper word for this type of intelligence has yet been invented.

​The type of intelligence that I speak of is only rivaled by those who strictly breed with blood relatives.

bbsam

Staff member
Down boy. Get your doctor to adjust your meds.

I was going to assume that "boy" was not in reference to my African-American heritage. Perhaps the you are calling me a dog? But then you refer to seeing a doctor rather than a vet so that isn't it. So are you a racist bastard or just incredibly blind with stupid hate?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Down boy. Get your doctor to adjust your meds.

I was going to assume that "boy" was not in reference to my African-American heritage. Perhaps the you are calling me a dog? But then you refer to seeing a doctor rather than a vet so that isn't it. So are you a racist bastard or just incredibly blind with stupid hate?
Since you are a little slow to catch on, boy in this case means dog. But don't try this race card crap with me.

bbsam

Staff member
Nothing I said was racial. You're just dense.

I left open the possibility that you were just stupid and if you don't know that referring to an African-American man as "boy" is racist, then you confirm your stupidity.