Cut in hours, 1 hour breaks and no overtime

hypo hanna

All this sniping turns off noobies and keeps this forum from growing. There are more and more disillusioned FedEx employees every day. I'd like for them to feel comfortable posting here.

5yearsleft

We were told today that we must take an hour break if we go over 8 hours. Someone asked about having late SO packages, and our Senior manager responded "Do your SO's, then come back to the station and take your break at the end of your shift" Hell will freeze over before I will do that!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We were told today that we must take an hour break if we go over 8 hours. Someone asked about having late SO packages, and our Senior manager responded "Do your SO's, then come back to the station and take your break at the end of your shift" Hell will freeze over before I will do that!!!

Taking your break at the end of your shift is against policy. Your manager should know that.

bbsam

Staff member
All this sniping turns off noobies and keeps this forum from growing. There are more and more disillusioned FedEx employees every day. I'd like for them to feel comfortable posting here.

Oh, stop. Baby gloves off. It's just words on a page.

DontThrowPackages

One of the best things you can do is be safe and WAD. If it results in lates, so be it. If it results in dropping ob and staying out, so be it. Don't let them bully you into speeding, cutting corners , or anything else that can and will come back to you. Put the decision on them. And if they pressure you in any way otherwise, get it in writing. They want me to take an hour then I will run cycles, drop ob and stay out . This act of defiance if done on a large scale will be an act of being united and really there is nothing they can do legally to stop it. So take a deep breath and open your eyes. This shi t has going on for years and now they have stepped it up a few notches. They are coming after everyone including the kool aid drinkers. So what you goin to do?
LOL we had a huge paid meeting because so many realized chasing the carrot is futile. SPR went down and service failures went up. We were told to come in early one morning and scolded about numbers. A person said, I'm working safer now. I stopped speeding down residential and ask for help on anything over 75lbs. Manager said, you need to,all of you, need to pick up the pace. The same guy said, if I hit and kill someone's son or daughter, I have to live with that for the rest of my life not you or the company. It was has if someone said a racial slur, it got that quite. SManager said, talk to me after the meeting. LOL. The SM was hit with a line there is no comeback to. Nothing has change. We still(90pct maybe) WAD. We had people quit and retire so some days the PTers are getting their hours. But hopefully the rest of the nation will follow. I told some of the guys to google us and death on the road tonight. We can't let ourselves die in the line of work. Our families lose a Husband, Son or brother and the company is upset only because they must rehire and train someone new. Be safe Please.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
All this latest crap is obviously coming from MT3 who couldn't care less about public safety. Just another round of sucking the blood from the turnip which we've seen before. He's trading somebody's life for him and Fred to look good on Wall Street.

If there was an fatal accident he'd be the first to blame the courier then go on Frontline flapping his hands in the air acting like Chumley the walrus over the situation, then in the next breath he'd say we need to cut more routes and be more efficient.

5yearsleft

Of course they are aware of it, but policy says it's discouraged unless it's an "operational emergency". This SR mgr also had us take our breaks in our 1st hour when we had to wait for late freight. I will NOT do it, but the majority do. When I called HR, they said "well if your Sr mgr says so...."

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Of course they are aware of it, but policy says it's discouraged unless it's an "operational emergency". This SR mgr also had us take our breaks in our 1st hour when we had to wait for late freight. I will NOT do it, but the majority do. When I called HR, they said "well if your Sr mgr says so...."

HR is not your friend, they'll almost always side with the managers.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
classic example of the true regard this joke of a company has for anyone's well-being. We all know how badly we need a break as soon as we clock in..Then we can all be nice and rested to go non-stop-balls-to-the-wall the rest of the day.
Slimey bastards really need to be exposed for the "corporate good neighbor" they truly are.

FEDEX SUCKS! (priming the search engine)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
classic example of the true regard this joke of a company has for anyone's well-being. We all know how badly we need a break as soon as we clock in..Then we can all be nice and rested to go non-stop-balls-to-the-wall the rest of the day.
Slimey bastards really need to be exposed for the "corporate good neighbor" they truly are.

How about FEDEX SUCKS WALL STREET FRAUD INVESTORS BEWARE!

DontThrowPackages

If they were to make you take the lunch then that means its your time. Clock out and go off site. Come back in an hour. If its truly a lunch, they can not bother you until you're back on their time. LONG time ago they tried to pull this and enough guys punched out, got in one car and when to Breakfast. When they came back, their freight was on the floor. That was the last day Mgrs asked for a lunch and instead we coded 43 on out.