Cut the cable cord

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have a roku, and I could cut the cord, but hubby does not agree. I can get all news stations, westerns, alien tv, conspiracy tv, netflix and amazon prime which I get free movies on for 100 a yr, /with 12 grandchildren hours away, plus anyting else I buy for me, shipping is free it pays for itself. I got it for Christmas from one of my wonderful sons who if I mention it to him, he buys it for me. There is a site on fb called roku rocks, and you can get any station free if you have time to work it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I pay like 250 for phone internet & tv. I have every channel I can get, fastest internet (like 110mbps), etc. It's a waste of money but life is short.
That right buddy! We need 1000 channels 24/7, even thought we only watch ESPN and Fox news! Money well spent!

rod

Retired 22 years
If I lived in an area that had more than the 4 PBS channels and 1 blurry network channel I would dump Direct TV in a heart beat. I stayed in 6 different campgrounds over the last couple of weeks and with my camper antenna it varied from NO reception to 43 different channels -- depending on how close we were to a bigger city. There basically isn't anything on anymore that I can't live without-------especially the reality tv shows----they all suck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I lived in an area that had more than the 4 PBS channels and 1 blurry network channel I would dump Direct TV in a heart beat. I stayed in 6 different campgrounds over the last couple of weeks and with my camper antenna it varied from NO reception to 43 different channels -- depending on how close we were to a bigger city. There basically isn't anything on anymore that I can't live without-------especially the reality tv shows----they all suck.

Losing 50% of your pension may force you to change your TV watching habits.