Cut the cable cord

Never had cable or dish at my house. Only time I have watched cable is while on vacation at a motel. Spend the whole evening switching from one boring show to another.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yep. I cut it in favor of netflix, hulu, and NHL gamecenter. I can still pick up locals on an antenna for football games and the news. The only thing I miss is the sports, but I just couldn't justify keeping cable for the weekends, when I have time to watch them.

oldngray

nowhere special
Jump, I've had directv for quite a few years, and every year I call them and tell them that since I'm such a loyal customer, they ought to give me the NFL games for free. They have the last 2 years. lol.

I have Time Warner and no way that would work with them. They just don't care. I do get deals from T-mobile for being a long time customer though.

UPSGUY72

I have Time Warner and no way that would work with them. They just don't care. I do get deals from T-mobile for being a long time customer though.

Every year or two I tell Time Warner I'm switching to dish network and magically my bill goed back diwn like I'm a new customerm.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I discontinued my television service in April of 2012, keeping just the internet. Netflix and Youtube have proven themselves far more useful anyway.

oldngray

nowhere special
I discontinued my television service in April of 2012, keeping just the internet. Netflix and Youtube have proven themselves far more useful anyway.

The problem is the internet providers are the same companies as TV providers. You don't save much by discontinuing the TV if you aren't paying for a bunch of the premium channels.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The problem is the internet providers are the same companies as TV providers. You don't save much by discontinuing the TV if you aren't paying for a bunch of the premium channels.
I had a basic package with nothing special and it cut my bill in more than half. Pretty nuts.