D.O.K study sheet

brownboy707

Wow..exactly what ive been looking for..thank you sir...youve just saved me from a 2year contract of getting robbed!! I will order from ebay asap....which model do you have? And any complaints?... Ill simply use this as a gps device, and keep my $50 no contract plan

oldngray

nowhere special
Wow..exactly what ive been looking for..thank you sir...youve just saved me from a 2year contract of getting robbed!! I will order from ebay asap....which model do you have? And any complaints?... Ill simply use this as a gps device, and keep my $50 no contract plan

You can get a Nokia Lumia directly from Microsoft for $49. Or get a better model for $100-150 range. Those phones are cheap because there is little demand and older Windows phones sucked. I have T-Mobile but voice and text only with no data plan. The phone operates on wifi to download data which doesn't count as data useage. When I am driving around it operates just as a phone but doesn't need data to use the maps which were already downloaded. The prepaid phones with no contact will also work the same way but I only pay $20 per month for voice and use my home wifi when I need to do something else.

brownboy707

Which model do you specifically have? Id rather buy same as a daily user that hasnt had any problems.thanx....I should buy new from ebay since windows.com doesnt offer returns.

oldngray

nowhere special
Which model do you specifically have? Id rather buy same as a daily user that hasnt had any problems.thanx....I should buy new from ebay since windows.com doesnt offer returns.

I have a Nokia Lumia 521. Its the smallest and cheapest of the Nokia phones. I got it from Amazon for $69 but later saw Microsoft has it on sale for $49. I mostly use it just as a phone so one of the more middle of the line phones might be better for you. Depends what size screen you need.

Rainman

Its all good.
Sygic gps app. Doesn't require a data connection. They have a free version. You download the entire state map at home, no data required on road.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you constantly have to update maps or isit a one time thing

One time thing. Once you download a map you don't even need to use a data connection. It will still show the maps and your location, and the GPS will still update where you are. I'm not sure how large the file size is for a state but I think the whole US (if you ever decide you need it) is 2.6 GB. And of course much less for only a state map which should be all you need.

brownboy707

Just tested it out . Really acurate, reroutes n relocates if you choose a diff path..my only concern is the battery life, might buy an extra battery for just in case. But i also bought a goal zero generator from R.E.I..Also downloading the sygic to my galaxy note for back up. Thanx guys. You can never be too prepared..yes any MART product sux but its vetter than getting robbed with a 2 year contract

brownboy707

What can I expect at the school training besides diad training and d.o.k? Is there any actual driving involved?..at fedex we had to to reverse serpentine around cones 8 times front and back and I hated it.