Dating a fellow UPS driver..

raceanoncr

Here, there's nothing contractually wrong with it. Many here have gone out/dated/married. Most in hourly positions. Keep in mind that if one of you IS management then probably one of you will be "urged" to find employment elsewhere.

It IS a good point, tho, about "tracking in the house what you stepped in outside". What if it doesn't work out? You gotta face that person for the rest of your/their career.

If you DO go for it, be the romantic you say you are. There's a guy here that's not particularly good looking but MAN does he get the babes. How? I've seen him in action and been with him many times. He simply makes them feel special. Lavishes them with compliments, opens doors, gives em gifts, etc. You get the point? He's good with the opposite sex. They love him. Go for it.

One other word of caution, tho. You've already announced your intentions but you've already announced your location too. Others from your area read this or find out about it, be ready for the heat.

Good luck!

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Dating, going out with someone from work? Sure, why not? Have fun, you have a common interest (sentence).

Only problem? What if it got serious, you got married? If I was working at UPS and, at the end of the day's sentence, had to go home to a wife that ALSO worked at UPS?

I believe I would have to swallow the business-end of a shotgun...

rod

Retired 22 years
.................Didn't have the diads to say anything.........................

That has got to be one of the funniest lines I have heard. Great. :rofl:

Rod's favorite saying list:

1. They make the decisions- we make the money
2. All so and so does is drive a desk
3. UPS couldn't cooridinate 2 men in a canoe
4. Didn't have the diads to say anything

kingOFchester

I am not going to be dumb about it thats for sure, by the way goodmorning..But ya I respect all my fellow drivers (were a driver run centre) and I would never jeopardize both parties, hell I'm just going to ask to go for a walk or something gotta start out as freinds first off anyways.. And if nothing works thats fine, lifes about going out and taking a step, now all depends what shoes your wearing and what your walking on.. Ok that was a bad analogy lol.. Ok off to work..

Be safe all and all the coments have been welcome..

Go for a walk??? Are you kidding?? Why not play with each others diads??

rwsmith67

My dad always told me, "Don't get your meat where you get your bread". I have seen it go both ways and sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. Workplace romance can be very touchy, but seems like you have the sense of humor to deal with it. Good luck.
Another good one is don't fish off the company pier!:happy-very:

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I think its wonderful if you can find that special someone that happens to work with you! I say go for it! what have you to loose as long as you don't make an :censored2: out of your self? And who better to understand the world of UPS than a coworker. Just a bit of advice, Don't get caught with your Diad in the Diad holder on the clock, this is never good!!!

Tiny Panda

form-submit.jsp.jpg

P

pickup

Well this is my first thread attempt and I hope it hasn't been done to death? Anyways I'm a fresh driver up here in Red Deer Alberta Canada.. And well my point is I have a crush on a fellow driver here in my small centre.. I don't really talk to her but trust me I look at her and into those blues eyes and well I just loose a second of life.. Ya ya I know get a life lol.. Hey I'ma hopeless romantic and ya kinda shy and well they taught us at the new seminar that UPS frowns on employee's dating others.. Franky who the hell cares but anyways..

I was kinda alone with her this evening but noooo I didn't have the diads to say something lol.. Anyways just wanted to share and anyone else have any kinda thing like this happen to them?

Take care everyone:peaceful:

You've might have made the object of your affections aware of your interest via this posting. Good luck, charlie brown, i hope the cute red haired girl responds favorably.

Sammie

I'll bet a ton of married couples meet at work. That's where we spend how much of our conscious time? And you'll both have a lot in common from the get go. It took my feeder driver two years to get up the 'paper and clipboards' :wink2: to ask me out. He was terrified. Although his driver friends told me about him for the longest time, I'd rather die a slow, painful death than ask a guy out. But here we are, rattling around 21 years later.

Fire that arrow, Cupid! For all you know, she's fallen like a ton of bricks for you, too! I hope this blossoms into something wonderful!!

And remember, that first date will never be forgotten...

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I'll bet a ton of married couples meet at work. That's where we spend how much of our conscious time? And you'll both have a lot in common from the get go. It took my feeder driver two years to get up the 'paper and clipboards' :wink2: to ask me out. He was terrified. Although his driver friends told me about him for the longest time, I'd rather die a slow, painful death than ask a guy out. But here we are, rattling around 21 years later.

Fire that arrow, Cupid! For all you know, she's fallen like a ton of bricks for you, too! I hope this blossoms into something wonderful!!

I lol'ed at "To get up the paper and clipboards" :happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Don't defecate where you eat.

A workplace romance ended up in a court room at my old center when the relationship soured. Though this is an extreme example, one of those involved was fired and had to fight to get their job back.

I don't even recommend forming close friendships with co-workers so maybe I am the wrong person to comment on this thread. I just feel when it comes to your job you should minimize relationships that may wind up having a negative effect on your career.

YIKES!

My dad always told me, "Don't get your meat where you get your bread". I have seen it go both ways and sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. Workplace romance can be very touchy, but seems like you have the sense of humor to deal with it. Good luck.
Double Yikes!

I think its wonderful if you can find that special someone that happens to work with you! I say go for it! what have you to loose as long as you don't make an :censored2: out of your self? And who better to understand the world of UPS than a coworker. Just a bit of advice, Don't get caught with your Diad in the Diad holder on the clock, this is never good!!!
LOL

LOL, you have to love all of these romantical sayings.

MHO, I'd wait. Now that you know who you like, if you wait, you may see something you like/dislike about them, in their everday self, that may draw you in or push you away. Another thing to think about, is, what happens if she turns you down? Always better to be prepared for the worst.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

By your dad do you mean bubsgrandpa?