Dave Ramsey on ups strike

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. That's pretty much his drivel.
His "drivel" is actually common sense money management. I had $48K of post-marital debt that I was able to wipe out in just under 3 years using his principle of listing all of your creditors, their balance and interest rate.

With the debt snowball method, you pay off debt in order of smallest balance to largest, regardless of interest rate. You make minimum payments on everything but the smallest debt and attack that one with a vengeance.

I had a binder specifically for this and it was so nice to cross a creditor off of the list once that balance had been paid in full. I kept the binder as a reminder to myself of just how easy it was to get in to financial trouble.

His "drivel" is actually common sense money management. I had $48K of post-marital debt that I was able to wipe out in just under 3 years using his principle of listing all of your creditors, their balance and interest rate.

With the debt snowball method, you pay off debt in order of smallest balance to largest, regardless of interest rate. You make minimum payments on everything but the smallest debt and attack that one with a vengeance.

I had a binder specifically for this and it was so nice to cross a creditor off of the list once that balance had been paid in full. I kept the binder as a reminder to myself of just how easy it was to get in to financial trouble.
his steps are fine, it's when he goes off the rail and starts talking about literally anything not related to his steps

he's been wrong about so many things, obviously the most famous is Bitcoin, but what makes it worse is his smug and condescending attitude

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

his steps are fine, it's when he goes off the rail and starts talking about literally anything not related to his steps

he's been wrong about so many things, obviously the most famous is Bitcoin, but what makes it worse is his smug and condescending attitude
I followed his methods, not his ideology.

Over70irregs

He knows his mistake but his empire depends on status quo.

Thebrownblob

He's been through bankruptcy and left creditors holding the bag. Do as I say kinda guy.
True he did although he tells people it wasn’t pleasant and doesn’t advocate for it anymore.
Love him or hate him. The average person would do better at least listening to his baby steps to get out of debt, and save some money.