Day after Thanksgiving driving

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is the Friday after Thanksgiving a Holiday in your local or do you not get paid for it if you don't work?
Do you get paid straight time if you work?

In the Central Region, it is a paid Holiday.

Package Car or Feeder drivers.... that work on a paid Holiday.... receive double time for all hours worked.

Plus.... Holiday pay.

Air drivers or hub employees scheduled as "air support".... are only paid straight time.

Unless....

The company doesn't follow the established procedure.

​-Bug-

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I always thought that was BS...I never understood why package got paid in OT all day but PT is at straight. Oh well...still technically making double time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center manager announced the sign-up sheet during the PCM. I asked if it were straight time or time and a half. He said time and a half as that is what they paid when he was in Vermont. We have always been paid straight time so this should be interesting. I am on vacation so will not be working but if it is indeed time and a half I think you may see a lot more of the FT drivers signing up to work.

C

chuchu

In the Central Region, it is a paid Holiday.

Package Car or Feeder drivers.... that work on a paid Holiday.... receive double time for all hours worked.

Plus.... Holiday pay.

Air drivers or hub employees scheduled as "air support".... are only paid straight time.

Unless....

The company doesn't follow the established procedure.

​-Bug-
Last year our clerk worked it and the company paid him straight time.

He filed a grievance and it was found that management failed to discuss the number of support personnel with the local union. When it went to the hearing the BA said to just let it go and the clerk got screwed out of his double time pay.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Last year our clerk worked it and the company paid him straight time.

He filed a grievance and it was found that management failed to discuss the number of support personnel with the local union. When it went to the hearing the BA said to just let it go and the clerk got screwed out of his double time pay.

How would you argue that a clerk isn't support personnel?

C

chuchu

How would you argue that a clerk isn't support personnel?
I'm not sure what you mean. The company failed to discuss the amount of support personnel with the local therefore procedure was not followed. He got paid double time in all prior years. The company failed to follow protocol.