Day after "THANKSGIVING" is a "HOLIDAY" !!

rod

Retired 22 years
They could have paid me 10 times the hourly wage and I would have never worked ONE day I wasn't required by contract to work. Never did--not one. When you live within your means you can do that.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why you still even on here dude you are retired go travel or enjoy time with your family you won’t be around forever I’m tired of seeing your smart ass comments on here.
And yes he will be around forever no matter how many times he says goodbye.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Read this really , really slow , and if you cant read find someone that can , and then find someone that is really good at comprehending things written in the English text

I'm pretty good at understanding "things written in the English text". I'm not sure what text this post was written in.

I’ve got a question they told us for Friday the day after thanksgiving is a required day to work and even asking guys to code 05 so I can tell them I don’t want to work and still get paid 8 hours? Is it a holiday or not lol

Do you have an 8 hour guarantee in your supplement, or local contract? In my package rider we are guaranteed 8 if we show up and are put to work. This is one issue our building actually bands together over.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hello Sisters and Brothers ,, I feel we need to get this issue out in the open and clarify it once and for all , so that it is understood . Read this really , really slow , and if you cant read find someone that can , and then find someone that is really good at comprehending things written in the English text as this will greatly benefit you and give you a stepping stone towards understanding and handling "HOLIDAYS" , so here goes .

Thanksgiving day is in itself a "paid" holiday " , pending you work either the day before Thanksgiving, or the Monday directly after Thanksgiving you will be paid for the contractually agreed to holiday DAY of "Thanksgiving DAY" , if you are part time that would be 3.5 hours (correct me if I'm wrong as all supplements are not written the same , but fundamentally are a basic in similarities) , and if your "full time" , you will be guaranteed an 8 hour paid allotment for Thanksgiving day .

Now for the tricky part , which really is not so tricky . Its normally your management team and/or their "goons/stupidvisor's " that are force fed lies that they regurgitate to "US" hourlies , inwhich alot of hourlies "aka" "Teamsters" who are less informed and/or persuadable to believe management/stupidvisor's lies on the truth of being told that the "day after Thanksgiving is a "REQUIRED/MANDATORY" work day , and that they are being "FORCED IN" to work . Listen up management/supervision/stewards/wanna be supervisor folks , the absolute only way to "ever" be forced in by anybody "be stupidvisor's etc etc , and anybody else that is percieved to be in an authoritative role at U.P.S. . However being said that , I always look at these type issues very objectively as to how I would/will respond to whomever if presented with this very situation and/or many other situations/issues such as this, i would simply respond accordingly with : " the day we are speaking about is a contractually agreed upon , paid holiday , therefore I'm not required to work that day " and leave it at that . I'm sure they will be mad/upset and retaliate as normal , just file on the harassment. But as far as them "forcing" you in , understand this :unless they show up to your home with a sawed off shotgun pointed at your head and screaming at you that you must report , welp if any of that doesn't happen well then your not being forced out . You can always use a sick day , personal day , option day , code 26 or just call in "sick" , and if you get to work because you were to pussified to call in or not report , well then have a family/friend call in a family emergency to the office . Sometimes folks you got to make a point , stand up for yourself , in other words QUIT BEING A LIL BBIIIIAAAAAA TTTCCHHHHH !!! . I'm a 27 year full time vet at a semi large hub (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee) so I know how it works , dont be skeered your whole life . Peace and Dueces !!!
Only holidays you are not required to come in are recognized by state or US. Day after T day is a supplemental issue and only constitutes pay. If UPS says they are running, you are required to show up. By all means, don’t report if you don’t want to. Just let us know how it works out for you. I’ll be going in for $100 an hour. Thanks.

rod

Retired 22 years
[QUOTE="wide load, post: 4280217, member: I’ll be going in for $100 an hour. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Not worth it.