Day after "THANKSGIVING" is a "HOLIDAY" !!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by gorilla75jdw, Nov 28, 2019.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

...and this makes sense....force 60 drivers in with 8 hour guarantees or wait until the sort begins to see how many of those 60 you may actually need...

2. Utility81

Utility81 Member

Had a security guard on the route today say, “oh I guess you don’t have enough seniority to be off today?”. I said “nah, I’m making triple time today so I’m good”.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Utility81

Utility81 Member

Worked Friday. Made $825 in just under 7 hours of work. Yeah, didn’t hurt my feelings.

4. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

I didn't do squat today (sold an old snow blower for $400). Went to town and had a couple of beers. I'm to lazy to sit down and figure exactly how much I made today. I will just say it's more than enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Nike

Nike Active Member

Lots of stupid comments on this one. Make as much as you can while you're young so that when you're older you can use that money for investment, property, your own business, an education, etc. I personally want to have my own wind farm and produce clean electricity for my area. Modern-day oil wells if you will. Lots of guys in my building have invested in real estate and rent out homes, some are going to school and using their pay to fund their educations. Many are just simply saving the bulk of their checks into special savings and retirement accounts. Everybody under 40 working for this company needs to know that within ten to twenty years how we do business as well as how the rest of the world does business, could drastically change. Automated vehicles, drone deliveries, a weakening union, outside competition, etc, could change how we work in the coming decades.

Get what you can now while you can I say.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

Adjust your W-4 or you will lose at least 1/3 of that to taxes.

7. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

Yeah the op is an idiot. He’s got the brains of a gorilla.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

looking back, I was almost 38 when i started at UPS and prior to that with a disabled spouse and a bunch of kids was under pressure to make more money in non union jobs. never turned down extra work.
    That habit bled over to UPS for 22 plus years . Now I wish I had turned down some of the holiday or weekend work because I would have liked more time with family.
    Now they are all grown up and don't see them or the grandkids much.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

....and hubby sits in front of the TV for 16 hours a day....

10. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

For some families, thanksgiving weekend is the only time per year the whole family gets together, enjoys each other and breaks bread together. It’s a tradition in some families. It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with principal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

principle too

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

Maybe one (or both) of his parents IS a principal.

13. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Yup, can't get that time back. I've got more than enough money, I'll take the day off and let someone else make the OT.

14. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

there is always one........

15. Utility81

Utility81 Member

Wife’s a CPA, she handles all that. I make the money and she spends it.

16. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

...."lose it to taxes" how???

You need to learn the difference between "withholding" and actual "taxes paid".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. Edward Jones straighten him out...

18. Double time plus holiday pay which is different than triple

19. UpstateNYUPSer

For the first 8 it is the same.

20. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

I hear ya man. That’s why I’m with my family on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.