Day after "THANKSGIVING" is a "HOLIDAY" !!

Utility81

Hello Sisters and Brothers ,, I feel we need to get this issue out in the open and clarify it once and for all , so that it is understood . Read this really , really slow , and if you cant read find someone that can , and then find someone that is really good at comprehending things written in the English text as this will greatly benefit you and give you a stepping stone towards understanding and handling "HOLIDAYS" , so here goes .

Thanksgiving day is in itself a "paid" holiday " , pending you work either the day before Thanksgiving, or the Monday directly after Thanksgiving you will be paid for the contractually agreed to holiday DAY of "Thanksgiving DAY" , if you are part time that would be 3.5 hours (correct me if I'm wrong as all supplements are not written the same , but fundamentally are a basic in similarities) , and if your "full time" , you will be guaranteed an 8 hour paid allotment for Thanksgiving day .

Now for the tricky part , which really is not so tricky . Its normally your management team and/or their "goons/stupidvisor's " that are force fed lies that they regurgitate to "US" hourlies , inwhich alot of hourlies "aka" "Teamsters" who are less informed and/or persuadable to believe management/stupidvisor's lies on the truth of being told that the "day after Thanksgiving is a "REQUIRED/MANDATORY" work day , and that they are being "FORCED IN" to work . Listen up management/supervision/stewards/wanna be supervisor folks , the absolute only way to "ever" be forced in by anybody "be stupidvisor's etc etc , and anybody else that is percieved to be in an authoritative role at U.P.S. . However being said that , I always look at these type issues very objectively as to how I would/will respond to whomever if presented with this very situation and/or many other situations/issues such as this, i would simply respond accordingly with : " the day we are speaking about is a contractually agreed upon , paid holiday , therefore I'm not required to work that day " and leave it at that . I'm sure they will be mad/upset and retaliate as normal , just file on the harassment. But as far as them "forcing" you in , understand this :unless they show up to your home with a sawed off shotgun pointed at your head and screaming at you that you must report , welp if any of that doesn't happen well then your not being forced out . You can always use a sick day , personal day , option day , code 26 or just call in "sick" , and if you get to work because you were to pussified to call in or not report , well then have a family/friend call in a family emergency to the office . Sometimes folks you got to make a point , stand up for yourself , in other words QUIT BEING A LIL BBIIIIAAAAAA TTTCCHHHHH !!! . I'm a 27 year full time vet at a semi large hub (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee) so I know how it works , dont be skeered your whole life . Peace and Dueces !!!
Had a security guard on the route today say, “oh I guess you don’t have enough seniority to be off today?”. I said “nah, I’m making triple time today so I’m good”.

Utility81

everyday is a holiday for me

i predicted this years ago on this forum when people said we would NEVER be forced to work day after Thanksgiving.( bad memories ? ) I said to make a stand or else you would be sorry. give in to them on this and that puts a crack in the wall. pretty soon you will be working Christmas morning , New Years and every other holiday.

then you'll be called in on your vaca? NO WAY!!!!!!!!

ya, watch it happen. It may take 10 years but it will happen cause you people are too weak to stand up for yourselves.

DON"T WORK FRIDAY
Worked Friday. Made $825 in just under 7 hours of work. Yeah, didn’t hurt my feelings.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't do squat today (sold an old snow blower for $400). Went to town and had a couple of beers. I'm to lazy to sit down and figure exactly how much I made today. I will just say it's more than enough.

Nike

Lots of stupid comments on this one. Make as much as you can while you're young so that when you're older you can use that money for investment, property, your own business, an education, etc. I personally want to have my own wind farm and produce clean electricity for my area. Modern-day oil wells if you will. Lots of guys in my building have invested in real estate and rent out homes, some are going to school and using their pay to fund their educations. Many are just simply saving the bulk of their checks into special savings and retirement accounts. Everybody under 40 working for this company needs to know that within ten to twenty years how we do business as well as how the rest of the world does business, could drastically change. Automated vehicles, drone deliveries, a weakening union, outside competition, etc, could change how we work in the coming decades.

Get what you can now while you can I say.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
looking back, I was almost 38 when i started at UPS and prior to that with a disabled spouse and a bunch of kids was under pressure to make more money in non union jobs. never turned down extra work.
That habit bled over to UPS for 22 plus years . Now I wish I had turned down some of the holiday or weekend work because I would have liked more time with family.
Now they are all grown up and don't see them or the grandkids much.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

looking back, I was almost 38 when i started at UPS and prior to that with a disabled spouse and a bunch of kids was under pressure to make more money in non union jobs. never turned down extra work.
That habit bled over to UPS for 22 plus years . Now I wish I had turned down some of the holiday or weekend work because I would have liked more time with family.

....and hubby sits in front of the TV for 16 hours a day....

Faceplanted

The ass that couldn’t quote appropriately is now correcting my grammar? That’s funny. I’d rather take a $300 day off and work the $900. But you’d rather take high paid days of instead. Makes sense. Choices we live by. Carry on with scraping by.
For some families, thanksgiving weekend is the only time per year the whole family gets together, enjoys each other and breaks bread together. It’s a tradition in some families. It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with principal.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yup, can't get that time back. I've got more than enough money, I'll take the day off and let someone else make the OT.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
For some families, thanksgiving weekend is the only time per year the whole family gets together, enjoys each other and breaks bread together. It’s a tradition in some families. It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with principal.
I hear ya man. That’s why I’m with my family on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

cachmeifucan

In 705 the day after Thanksgiving is a paid holiday. They pay us double time every hour worked as well. I think I worked 10 hours. I celebrate thanksgiving Wednesday with her family Thursday at my family. Friday I'm ready for peak it's easy money. We work for ups this is our biggest part of the year it sucks but those long vacations in the summer make up for it.