Days To Scratch?

Re-Raise

It takes me 4 days to handle 800 total pieces. LOL
image.jpeg

andrsnbkj

Suppose your dispatch is 9 hours. If it takes you 9.5 hours you would be .5 over. If you do it in 8.5 hours you would be .5 under. You would be scratch if you run it in 9 hours.
There planned days are fudged numbers made up what they try to push you to do when in reality it's impossible to do when everyday is different. Traffic intersection pedestrians other motorist load quality ect. There numbers are false I can maintain sporh that's all I can do

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There planned days are fudged numbers made up what they try to push you to do when in reality it's impossible to do when everyday is different. Traffic intersection pedestrians other motorist load quality ect. There numbers are false I can maintain sporh that's all I can do

He was asking what scratch was, not whether you thought their numbers were accurate or not.

By The Book

If everyday is different then your SPORH will be different everyday. Given 5 identical dispatches your SPORH will be close but not the same each day, due to some of the things you mentioned. Other things that affect SPORH are left building time, late air, bulk, splits, on demand pickups, and where the stops are.

MC0493

Found out i was 1.02 over for Friday. Today was much smoother since i had 1 air in a convenient spot. Even with the snow/sleet/rain we had in the northeast.

MC0493

Another question, training routes, are they usually the worst of the worst or difficult in some way to see if newbies can handle some of the worst a center can throw at you? Or are they just that, fairly average routes deemed training routes.

billerz

Another question, training routes, are they usually the worst of the worst or difficult in some way to see if newbies can handle some of the worst a center can throw at you? Or are they just that, fairly average routes deemed training routes.
Most of the training routes in my center are not that hard, if they tried training new people on the hard routes, they would all self dq.

I'd say a training route is an average route, nothing crazy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We have two for each center, one bad and one good for each.
When I say bad I mean impossible to scratch working safely. They're great for training new drivers to skip lunch.

Keenj

My training route is about 70-80 business stops in a downtown area with 4-5 bulk stops, 30 pickup stops and 40-60 resi stops. The rest are 2-3 packages each so I try to load my dolly down for that whole block and walk it since each block only has one loading/unloading parking spot. If I can get those done by 1400, I can blaze through my resis before my pickups which start at 1600. The nice thing is most of my pickups are places I already delivered to so I'll know if they'll have anything for me when I return or I'll just do them then if I have room on my car. The most over I've gone was 90 minutes and that was because it started snowing and I slowed myself down.

upschuck

My training route is about 70-80 business stops in a downtown area with 4-5 bulk stops, 30 pickup stops and 40-60 resi stops. The rest are 2-3 packages each so I try to load my dolly down for that whole block and walk it since each block only has one loading/unloading parking spot. If I can get those done by 1400, I can blaze through my resis before my pickups which start at 1600. The nice thing is most of my pickups are places I already delivered to so I'll know if they'll have anything for me when I return or I'll just do them then if I have room on my car. The most over I've gone was 90 minutes and that was because it started snowing and I slowed myself down.
You get 29 days to show improvement and "scratch". When I qualified many years ago, all they wanted was to do better than the normal guy. If the worst you have done is 90 minutes over, you should be fine, as long as you are showing improvement.

How many days you have in, and what are your times now?

Keenj

You get 29 days to show improvement and "scratch". When I qualified many years ago, all they wanted was to do better than the normal guy. If the worst you have done is 90 minutes over, you should be fine, as long as you are showing improvement.

How many days you have in, and what are your times now?

I'm off today but tomorrow will be day 14. I don't know what my time was Friday but I was able to take 30 minutes of break after my resis before my pickups started so I'm hoping that means I made scratch or was under. My solo times have come down a few minutes each day and when I have a sup ride with me, they go up a few minutes since they're kind of in my way.

upschuck

I'm off today but tomorrow will be day 14. I don't know what my time was Friday but I was able to take 30 minutes of break after my resis before my pickups started so I'm hoping that means I made scratch or was under. My solo times have come down a few minutes each day and when I have a sup ride with me, they go up a few minutes since they're kind of in my way.
You are doing fine, day 13 and taking half your break is very good. Taking break doesn't necessarily mean you ran good/under, but is a good sign. Do you put break in your board when you don't take it? Call your center and see how you did Friday, that report will be tossed by tomorrow.

Keenj

You are doing fine, day 13 and taking half your break is very good. Taking break doesn't necessarily mean you ran good/under, but is a good sign. Do you put break in your board when you don't take it? Call your center and see how you did Friday, that report will be tossed by tomorrow.
A couple of my pickups sometimes have me waiting for last minute NDAs so I knock out a big chunk of break there. At least those places are nice enough to give me a nice break room to hang out in and free snacks and drinks to partake in. By the time I get to the center, I have maybe 10-20 minutes of break to finish up before I punch out so I usually use that time to take care of clerk packages and CODs that way I'm out the door as soon as I punch out.

upschuck

A couple of my pickups sometimes have me waiting for last minute NDAs so I knock out a big chunk of break there. At least those places are nice enough to give me a nice break room to hang out in and free snacks and drinks to partake in. By the time I get to the center, I have maybe 10-20 minutes of break to finish up before I punch out so I usually use that time to take care of clerk packages and CODs that way I'm out the door as soon as I punch out.
If you are waiting on pu's, nothing more you can do, unless it is past their pu time, then ask sup, what they want you to do, leave or stay.