Dear Detroit Axel

Poop Head

Judge me.
I ALWAYS tell people that ship something that is very “fragile “ or valued so much to them they need the arrows pointing up etc. : listen, we got kids making $12 an hour working in the middle of the night unloading these trucks , they are not going to be reading your labels , and it goes down multiple slides and automatic belts. These are my customers I see every damn day.
Same here. But instead if "kids making 12$ an hour" I just say "stoners"

rod

Retired 22 years
I ALWAYS tell people that ship something that is very “fragile “ or valued so much to them they need the arrows pointing up etc. : listen, we got kids making $12 an hour working in the middle of the night unloading these trucks , they are not going to be reading your labels , and it goes down multiple slides and automatic belts. These are my customers I see every damn day.
I would hold a box at waist level and ask them if it would break if I dropped it. If they cringed I would refuse it (especially if I didn't like them).

Returntosender

0E2D701C-36BC-4C9C-A804-E6B8E81F602D.jpeg

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
My genius preloader keeps putting these :censored2:ing boxes on the 3000 shelf. Each one is about "60 lbs." I simply let them roll off the shelf onto the floor where they make a nice metal thud. Had one on Friday bust open when I did that so I sheeted it up refused/damaged and left it on the floor.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

My genius preloader keeps putting these :censored2:ing boxes on the 3000 shelf. Each one is about "60 lbs." I simply let them roll off the shelf onto the floor where they make a nice metal thud. Had one on Friday bust open when I did that so I sheeted it up refused/damaged and left it on the floor.
Lol, whenever I sheet something refused/damaged, I get an urgent message moments afterwards saying I MUST void that stop and sheet it as missed. Company is so scared of its image, they don't want the customer to know the truth

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Lol, whenever I sheet something refused/damaged, I get an urgent message moments afterwards saying I MUST void that stop and sheet it as missed. Company is so scared of its image, they don't want the customer to know the truth
We’ve been instructed for years to sheet damages as refused, despite the DIAD training that says use missed. This past week in a PCM we were told that refused is not to be used under any circumstances for damages “for customer visibility,” and to use missed. A chorus of laughter ensued.

Indecisi0n

We’ve been instructed for years to sheet damages as refused, despite the DIAD training that says use missed. This past week in a PCM we were told that refused is not to be used under any circumstances for damages “for customer visibility,” and to use missed. A chorus of laughter ensued.
It's because a damage scan auto starts the refund/return process. But there are times the box can we rewrapped instead of returned.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's not even an issue of over-150s these routes I serve are at the relative max distance from the building and dispatch will never add a new route to separate the residential furnature away the business pieces.
Seriously you put one mattress in the middle and it instantly adds an hour because the whole car is already jammed with 4PM commits.

Boxjockey82

I hate those idiots too. When it became consistent I actually reported it to my building security guy. Snapped a pic of one that I put on the Ups Store scale. Label of course said 22lbs and the scale said 66

KoennenTiger

I had a new business move in a few months ago. They ship massive irregs and the first few batches were listed at 90 pounds. They are 90 pound. The owner would complain about his shipping costs, so I gave him a business card for the local sales rep. Told him to call and see if he could get better rates.

After that every single shipping label they printed said 49 pound. Even on their 90 pounders. Today they all said 35 pounds.

I've told my center manager several times he just keeps saying "don't worry we'll catch em". Whatever