Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Dear Detroit Axel

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Poop Head, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

I think your scale is broken.

2. Package Stick

Package Stick "Send it."

Not Detroit Axel, but tonight we got a 266lb truck transmission. :censored2: those people.

Last week we also got a 250lb+ motor. I have never seen so much heavy :censored2:. It's not even marked right.

3. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Leave it under the belt and tell your sup that the customer needs to come pick that thing up at the center. 250 lbs is ridiculous. Especially since most customers just stand there and look at you while you're struggling to get it out of the back door and onto the hand truck.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Nope, you have just gotten that heavy .

5. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

I once saw a large gun safe come down the belt years ago while on preload. Took several guys to get it on the truck, per management direction. The driver wasn’t pleased. Can’t remember how much it weighed, but he said it was several hundred pounds.

6. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

You guys ain’t seen crap til you see a tombstone come down the belt.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Was it already engraved?

8. MyTripisCut

Nope. That’s where it was getting shipped to. It broke when they tried to drop it off the belt.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It should stop right where it’s at. Things over 150 don’t go in our system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Should have told management to shove it up their ass.

I picked up a package a few months ago. Seemed heavy as :censored2: but I’m getting older and weaker so I took it. About 30 min later I delivered to a veterinarian and put it on the scale. 195 lbs. Took it back and told the guy to call freight

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I had an on call ground pickup one day. The customer offered to help me load a Chevy 350 long block engine on the back of my package car he was trying to send back for a core charge. It probably weighed 400-500 pounds, I refused to take it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

I refuse to take stuff like that all the time. I tell them “ I’m small package , you need to call ups fright for that “

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. MyTripisCut

What do their faces look like after you tell them you have a small package?

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. BakerMayfield2018

Confused

15. MyTripisCut

540FC089-FD1B-47C6-BA5A-3204E3C3D287.gif

16. BakerMayfield2018

Seriously Anything strapped to a pallet or not in a box that is clearly a fright item I tell them no. They tell me the website says it’s ok within the limits. I tell them sorry. That’s freight. .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. BakerMayfield2018

Also,any clearly freight item they try to put on my truck I tell dispatch in am if they load it on my truck I’m going to need union assistance with the delivery. 9 times out of ten I ever see the package again.

18. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We pick up from a place that does markers for the VA. It sucks and all that, but it sucks even more for the people getting them.

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say you small, just average.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. BakerMayfield2018

I ALWAYS tell people that ship something that is very “fragile “ or valued so much to them they need the arrows pointing up etc. : listen, we got kids making $12 an hour working in the middle of the night unloading these trucks , they are not going to be reading your labels , and it goes down multiple slides and automatic belts. These are my customers I see every damn day.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List