Dear Fellow Drivers

22.34life

the job is pretty good for fulltimers,i support a family of four with this job.when me my kids or my wife gets sick we go to doctor, believe it or not everbody does not have that luxury.the job does have its downsides there is a lot of b/s to deal with and the job is hard on the body.but there is alot of jobs that have the same thing and not nearly as many positives.in the end it is what you make of it.

helenofcalifornia

I hear you Stupid, about the whining. And I agree that who really wants to listen to it. I am a "glass half full" type of person and like to hang with fellow "half glass full" people. When I go in to work in the morning, you won't find me hanging in the office with the double-o nego's. And I stopped having lunches with drivers in my loop becuz that's all they did.

At some point you have to realize that it's not going to change. Accept it and get on with life. Swimming with the current is always the easiest path, but against the grain....much more exciting!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
At some point you have to realize that it's not going to change. Accept it and get on with life.

Helen, well put as usual. This is how I cope with things at work. The stupid stuff the company does all the time is always going to happen, there is no use to getting stressed out about things we have no control over. I just try to enjoy what I can about the job and do my best with it. I don't hang out in the office with the chronic whiners in the morning either.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Usually stupid, I see your point, but we have a place here thanks to our hosts where drivers, and insiders, share their experiences good and bad. I would rather vent here to people, than to people who have no clue what I do, and the recent Stupid pressures put on us. I would rather vent here to get help and advice than anywhere. Once you have been here a while you will see complaining is not all we do. If it brings you down, and you dont have the same problems go to another thread, thats all you gotta do. You dont have to try to change us all into what you think we should be. We have enough people trying to tell us what we are doing wrong, you dont need to. . I hope you never have the problems that some centers are having, and I agree with Scratch, enjoy what you can and make the best of it, but there are some pretty bad days and this is where we fix them. All companies have problems, not just ours, and people try to fix them. That is all we are doing.

hdkappler

Just for the record I enjoy working at UPS but still understand that there are greener pastures out there.I have been employed by ups for 11 years now and i have driven for 6-7.I dont claim to know it all but i think i have figured out the basics.I work just as hard as everyone else on here.I think this is a great forum but when I come here it sometimes reminds me of being in the building and listening to people complain.And yes I am complaining about people complaining.
:happy2:you have a good point.those who complain all the time have nver worked anywhere else.when i delivered years ago before i retired one place a guy had 2 jobs.1.full 1 parttime.70hours a week.10.00 an hour.hell he would be happy to work for brown at 60 hours a week for strait time.(wouldn't have to pay hinot wages.

dillweed

It seems that here we can do some whining and along comes another poster who can help us see the humor in the whole situation, make us laugh and shrug off some frustration.

You have a choice when you wake up in the morning....be happy or be miserable....it appears you like to choose miserable....Find another job that pays what we get paid....You aren't happy where you are.....It's all in the attitude.....
Even the best attitude can be ruined by a stiff reaming of the wrong kind. Although I understand some people like it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
All of us whine some of the time. Some of us whine all of the time. No one wants to think they whine too much but it happens on both sides of the fence. Both sides have great input at times and lousy input other times as well. Seems to me the only way to get at it though is usually by someone whining about a recent issue to get the ball rolling. If no one ever whined what would be left to start discussions with?

Its great to be a positive influence on life as you travel down your path, but people can't always be helped with only a smile and a pat on the back.

whiskey

This site is a great sounding board for those who love their jobs but get frustrated with the system.

I'm a pt inside worker who loaded pkg cars for years. I've never seen such a batch of whining, complaining and unhappy souls in my life as I would every morning when the drivers showed up. But lo and behold, they went out, did their jobs like champs and came back for more the next day.

So please don't judge these drivers when they are letting off steam. Follow them for a day, if you can keep up, and try to understand what their days are like.

Thanks for the left handed compliment.
What we do during the day is the result of years of building trust with the customer. And building a strong, positive rapport with 70 different businesses each day is exhausting. The "root" knowledge we retain is mind boggling. So, as a result, we are whinny in the AM and whinny when we get home to our families. We literally have nothing left to give at the end of the day.
Most long term preloaders can see the forest for the trees.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Please stop the whining.I have found some useful information on this site but i am always turned off by the constant complaining.If you stop bitching then management will crumble.They live for your displeasure.This company really isnt that bad and our jobs arent the greatest but it could be a whole lot worse.Please try to focus on the positive in life.Go Lakers!
I don't care for the Lakers anymore. To me, the Lakers were Scott, Worthy, Jabar, Rambis, Magic; et.al. Those battles with the Boston Celtics in the finals were the best. Now, it's all about the money and endorsements.

dillweed

Thanks for the left handed compliment.
What we do during the day is the result of years of building trust with the customer. And building a strong, positive rapport with 70 different businesses each day is exhausting. The "root" knowledge we retain is mind boggling. So, as a result, we are whinny in the AM and whinny when we get home to our families. We literally have nothing left to give at the end of the day.
Most long term preloaders can see the forest for the trees.

Sorry if you took offense at my post. It certainly wasn't intended to knock the complaints of drivers. I loaded those cars and knew the kind of crap they were putting up with.

Please read the rest of the post and realize that I have utmost respect for what the drivers do.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't care for the Lakers anymore. To me, the Lakers were Scott, Worthy, Jabar, Rambis, Magic; et.al. Those battles with the Boston Celtics in the finals were the best. Now, it's all about the money and endorsements.
Those were the glory days of the NBA. Any fans of this era should make a point to watch the hour and a half documentary that premiered Saturday night on HBO. It's more about the Bird/Magic Johnson rivalry. It was well done. It was this rivalry that fueled the resurgence of the league.