Dear Joe Public, I'm the Brown Sheep here at the Cafe. I know that. I wondered though

rod

Retired 22 years
Why would anyone give a flying friend what the Public thinks? The Public don't give a crap about you or if you have any family life. All they want is their package and 99.9% of them don't give a crap who delivers it ---only that it gets to them on time and in one piece.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
with you lurking, watching as customers or just even curious outsiders.

Will you stand shoulder to shoulder with my grandbabies & family holding picket signs claiming UNFAIR 50-hour work weeks for $117,403 a year?

That's $41.05 x 40hrs x 52 = $85,384
Then the OT rate at
$61.575 at 10hrs x 52 = $32,019

32,019 = $117,403 (actually its a bit more because the Union bargained our vacation paid weeks at 45-hours many years ago, but I don't want to split hairs)

I'm the odd man out here, the ugly duckling so it seems. So, Joe the Plumber when I walk out & shoot the bird to UPS for paying me $118,000 a year. Will you stand & support me good buddy?

:-)
It would be less actually, your saying we get 50 hrs in this thread a week but then say we only get 45 hrs a week for vacation. Which is wrong because option week check is 50 hrs rest are 45 hrs, dont mean to split hairs as you say but if your going to post might as well have all the facts right. I only work 45 hrs a week and that is what the union used last contract to tell us how much more money we would get with the new raises we got over the 5 years.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Also I make 36.19 in the central so idk what supplement your under that pays 36.90 but hey no biggie for me I just think 4.15 is a joke for raises for a company making record profits. Should be 5 dollars at minimum and we should not be worrying about the public we should be worried about part timers buying this crap contract that only hinders their ability to make FT driver wage and not short change them.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
It would be less actually, your saying we get 50 hrs in this thread a week but then say we only get 45 hrs a week for vacation. Which is wrong because option week check is 50 hrs rest are 45 hrs, dont mean to split hairs as you say but if your going to post might as well have all the facts right. I only work 45 hrs a week and that is what the union used last contract to tell us how much more money we would get with the new raises we got over the 5 years.
I'm guessing that all of these things are different depending what supplement you fall under. Here in NorCal vacations are 45hrs. but we get 2 40hr. option weeks. I just retired and took 7+2 weeks on my way out the door. I wish you guys good luck with this contract, it doesn't look great to me!

WorkingAsDirected

Don't put up with it. My wife makes great money and when she tells her co-workers what we make and don't pay a dime for benefits their mouths hit the floor. We will get very little support from John Q Public if we were to strike. People won't look at the whole picture just the fact of how much we make and get for what we do. You gotta remember most people just think we carry a box to a door and that's it. We all know there's way more to it, but you can't change what most think.

Tell your wife a lot of workers get paid $10.50 an hour to load/unload trucks in 100 degree heat during the summer with a 10 minute break. Im sure her mouth will hit the floor on that as well.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Joe public will only look at what they see. Ups drivers makin over 100 grand with free medical crying the blues about getting to much OT extra money. Go back to work so I can get my dog food in two days. Partimers with free medical? Well what’s wrong with that???? Your not supposed to make a career workin partimer anyways so of course they get paid less. But free medical and there bitching? Go back to work. It’s a cold world and we will not get any support if we strike.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Oh and another thing. We can barely keep up with our volume now.. how the heck is Usps and fedex and Uber and whoever gonna take up even a little of that volume on top of what they already have. E-commerce deliveries would grind to a halt and companies who rely on internet sales and shipping to survive will flounder and effect the economy. We will definitely be forced back to work under old contract toot sweet until we hammer out a new one. Big picture people, ya gotta look at the big picture

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You conveniently ignore what this job leaves you with to make 118k. 0 family time and 0 body left.
I didn’t ignore :censored2:....I’m a feeder driver and understand what you’re saying more than you think....especially with not seeing family .. we’re actually on the same team ..right

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good catch, but add to it because our center like hundreds out there is a production based center and the drivers make 4-ticks per day on average of extra pay so take away the 9-weeks paid (7 vacations + 1 opt week + 1-sick pay week) and 4-ticks a day for 43-weeks is an extra $3,530.30. So $118,000 is an accurate estimate.

You gonna tell the company to eat your shorts at $118,000 and expect Swift & Coke drivers to support us?
I wasn’t quot
You conveniently ignore what this job leaves you with to make 118k. 0 family time and 0 body left.
yiu choose to work here ... you know that the job eats family time... grow some :censored2:ing balls and hey on the 9.5 list.... I’ve been here over 25 and have never had an injury....sure I get a sore back once in a while but I was never a runner and worked at a decent pace put didn’t burn routes.. these guys and gals will never make 30 years here... sounds like you are one of these brainwashed people... I hope not

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Our Rate $36.90 + $4.15 = $41.05

Hmm, What are you paid at top rate?

There will be no public support.
BULL:censored2:, we just need to frame the discussion in our terms. Never, EVER, getting to eat dinner with the family. Never getting to coach your kids team, only get to see games that are on the weekends (BEFORE 2018, since then we get to miss Saturday games also!!!.) Missing almost all the recitals, plays and dances. JESUS, UPS charges you with an attendance occurrence if you have to miss a day for a doctors appointment, your kids Dr. appt., if you have to attend the funeral of an Aunt or Uncle, niece or nephew. The public sees we never stop. The public sees us everyday. They do not see the management who ALL RECEIVED 20% RAISES LAST YEAR AND WILL PROBABLY GET EVEN MORE THIS YEAR!

When was the last time you saw an add in the paper or on the TV for UPS? The media has 0 reason NOT to run negative pieces about UPS and the strike the company has forced. Zero reason to frame the strike as being between the greedy workers and the blameless company as opposed to being between the soul sucking company and the United Parcel SLAVES. We all saw the 5 states where teachers went on strike and we all saw those strikes end extremely well for the teachers. The teachers won!

The public will be reminded that UPS got a HUGE TAX BREAK THIS YEAR AND REFUSES TO PAY US RAISES THAT EQUALS INFLATION!!!!!

Right now you are seeing a number of Management posting on BC claiming to be hourlies. They are SCARED :censored2:LESS that if there is a work stoppage they would actually have to do our jobs, loading/unloading and driving. ALL OF THEM KNOW FOR A FACT THEY ARE UNABLE TO DO THE JOBS AND THEY ARE :censored2:TING THEMSELVES RIGHT NOW DUE TO THE ANGER THE WORK FORCE IS SHOWING OVER THE LITTLE BIT OF INFO THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Total package

We can rebuild him
We may get more support than some of you think. How many times have you heard "good Lord, how late do you guys work?" when you drop something off after 9pm? Someone needs to point out that drivers won't make $41.05 for long if this contract goes through, that they want drivers making $6 less an hour. I guess it won't be the teamsters since it was their :censored2: proposal

Total package

We can rebuild him
And management ISworriwabout doing the work. The on road supes don't even do a full days ride anymore on s+v because they don't want to be out late. They barely train anyone on routes anymore but they have countless hours to comb over telematics

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I guess it won't be the teamsters since it was their :censored2: proposal
I don't buy this crap. I think it was started by UPS making a new account on BC and saying its was so!

I don't think Jr. or Dennis would grab their ankles and say, "as deep as you can please," in proposing this!

Don't get me wrong, I think UPS played them like puppets but there is only so much whoring one can buy with money!

Hmm, What are you paid at top rate?

BULL:censored2:, we just need to frame the discussion in our terms. Never, EVER, getting to eat dinner with the family. Never getting to coach your kids team, only get to see games that are on the weekends (BEFORE 2018, since then we get to miss Saturday games also!!!.) Missing almost all the recitals, plays and dances. JESUS, UPS charges you with an attendance occurrence if you have to miss a day for a doctors appointment, your kids Dr. appt., if you have to attend the funeral of an Aunt or Uncle, niece or nephew. The public sees we never stop. The public sees us everyday. They do not see the management who ALL RECEIVED 20% RAISES LAST YEAR AND WILL PROBABLY GET EVEN MORE THIS YEAR!

When was the last time you saw an add in the paper or on the TV for UPS? The media has 0 reason NOT to run negative pieces about UPS and the strike the company has forced. Zero reason to frame the strike as being between the greedy workers and the blameless company as opposed to being between the soul sucking company and the United Parcel SLAVES. We all saw the 5 states where teachers went on strike and we all saw those strikes end extremely well for the teachers. The teachers won!

The public will be reminded that UPS got a HUGE TAX BREAK THIS YEAR AND REFUSES TO PAY US RAISES THAT EQUALS INFLATION!!!!!

Right now you are seeing a number of Management posting on BC claiming to be hourlies. They are SCARED :censored2:LESS that if there is a work stoppage they would actually have to do our jobs, loading/unloading and driving. ALL OF THEM KNOW FOR A FACT THEY ARE UNABLE TO DO THE JOBS AND THEY ARE :censored2:TING THEMSELVES RIGHT NOW DUE TO THE ANGER THE WORK FORCE IS SHOWING OVER THE LITTLE BIT OF INFO THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED!
Cool story

Dude, really, thats all you got? Wow man, just wow. What an empty.....NM you are not worth it! I have placed so few on ignore here on BC I almost forget how to.........................
You are not putting out factual numbers. Just sounds like a bunch of propaganda. I can’t make decisions off propaganda. Show real numbers to support your argument.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Oh and another thing. We can barely keep up with our volume now.. how the heck is Usps and fedex and Uber and whoever gonna take up even a little of that volume on top of what they already have. E-commerce deliveries would grind to a halt and companies who rely on internet sales and shipping to survive will flounder and effect the economy. We will definitely be forced back to work under old contract toot sweet until we hammer out a new one. Big picture people, ya gotta look at the big picture
Heard all of this back in '97. Guess what. We went on strike.