Debates

542thruNthru

Sean's people are telling me Sean won. Steve's people are telling me Steve won. Must have been a fantastic debate.
From what I was able to watch I'd say both sides did well. I hope they put up a full working version so that I can judge the whole thing.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
From what I was able to watch I'd say both sides did well. I hope they put up a full working version so that I can judge the whole thing.
It was a good debate. Sean is a trustee for my pension fund. I’m not sure about him. I give Steve the edge in this one.

Whither

Scofflaw
The video on the official IBT facebook page seems to be complete and with full audio. Skip to about 11 minutes in, that's when the action starts.

Big Rigger

The suspension issue with Sean was years ago. He took responsibility for what he said.
The demeaning and disrespectful "token" comment by Vairma was recent and he defended it until the moderator called him out on it. There's no person who never makes a mistake so owning up to the issue is the key. One did and one didn't. Sean won that one.

Vairma looks and sounds like Hoff a 2.0 and members want someone aggressive like Sean, especially with the stress companies are putting on the workforce for the last 17 months. That's my opinion.

I'm sure they both have both great slate members and some weaker so I'm not dissing either slate according to what I just watched but as for my impression I'd vote for Sean. You can't lift yourself up by trying to degrade others and the "token" comment by Vairma was racist, degrading, and it was evident he was standing by it until he was called out by the moderator. That is disingenuous and tells me a bit about his hidden character. To me it looks like more Hoff a Jr status quo. If you say it, own it.

Boston25

The suspension issue with Sean was years ago. He took responsibility for what he said.
The demeaning and disrespectful "token" comment by Vairma was recent and he defended it until the moderator called him out on it. There's no person who never makes a mistake so owning up to the issue is the key. One did and one didn't. Sean won that one.

Vairma looks and sounds like Hoff a 2.0 and members want someone aggressive like Sean, especially with the stress companies are putting on the workforce for the last 17 months. That's my opinion.

I'm sure they both have both great slate members and some weaker so I'm not dissing either slate according to what I just watched but as for my impression I'd vote for Sean. You can't lift yourself up by trying to degrade others and the "token" comment by Vairma was racist, degrading, and it was evident he was standing by it until he was called out by the moderator. That is disingenuous and tells me a bit about his hidden character. To me it looks like more Hoff a Jr status quo. If you say it, own it.
I agree 100%

oldngray

nowhere special
Mkay.gif

Karma...

Both did very well with the soft easy questions asked of them..I think either one would do a great job as president......The entire slate of each person should be considered and perhaps get both slates up for a debate so members could see how they conduct themselves......There are more similarities between the two candidates than differences and you cant really go far wrong with either...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Both did very well with the soft easy questions asked of them..I think either one would do a great job as president......The entire slate of each person should be considered and perhaps get both slates up for a debate so members could see how they conduct themselves......There are more similarities between the two candidates than differences and you cant really go far wrong with either...
Based on your previous posts, you sound like you are or used to be management.

The fact that you are for either candidate is probably the most terrifying endorsement I can think of.

Karma...

used to be.......I was a teamster and a steward for some time prior......I have and never have had any issue with teamsters.....they do a difficult job in difficult circumstances and do them well....problems are due to management ineptness.....certainly its managements responsibility to manage well....management must pay attention to the tone they set and follow thru.....lead from the front and people will follow.....leadership is not pushing, its pulling by example....and yes I was in the service a long time go.......