Debates

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I'm only 14 months into working for UPS, and it's my first union job, so this is all new to me. Outside of a few posts here and the stuff I get in the mail, I'm definitely a low information voter going to this election.
That being said, my impression of the debate is I think it's a shame they are not on the same slate. They would compliment each other well as a number 1 and 2. Vairma seems a bit more observe and calculate, more polished in speaking. O'Brian more foot to the floor, react now go for the throat. They'd temper each other well I think, one to push when the other too soft, one to pull on the reigns a bit when the other is ready to go too hard.
Of course, that's not the reality. I hope I can find more information and learn about more of other slate members. Right now, it'd be a coin toss for my vote with the limited amount of knowledge I have on the slates.

Karma...

elections should be like the elections of old where the one who gets the most votes is the President and the other is Vice President.....thats way the country or union is not split and one can be the good cop and the other the bad cop as the situation warrants..pun.......

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
elections should be like the elections of old where the one who gets the most votes is the President and the other is Vice President.....thats way the country or union is not split and one can be the good cop and the other the bad cop as the situation warrants..pun.......

Could you imagine how Biden and Trump would get along...

It would be a great storyline for a tv series...

meritocracy

I'm only 14 months into working for UPS, and it's my first union job, so this is all new to me. Outside of a few posts here and the stuff I get in the mail, I'm definitely a low information voter going to this election.
That being said, my impression of the debate is I think it's a shame they are not on the same slate. They would compliment each other well as a number 1 and 2. Vairma seems a bit more observe and calculate, more polished in speaking. O'Brian more foot to the floor, react now go for the throat. They'd temper each other well I think, one to push when the other too soft, one to pull on the reigns a bit when the other is ready to go too hard.
Of course, that's not the reality. I hope I can find more information and learn about more of other slate members. Right now, it'd be a coin toss for my vote with the limited amount of knowledge I have on the slates.
UPS workers got screwed by Hoffa. Vairma is Hoffa 2.0. We keep getting screwed by weak leaders like Vairma soon enough there won't be much difference between Amazon and UPS, non-union and union. I want to make a good middle class wage that's always improving, with great health insurance and a pension. O'Brien's the one to defend that and expand it to more workers. Vairma's the one to piss all over it so he can sit on his fat ass his whole term doing nothing and acting like he's hot :censored2:.

Boston25

UPS workers got screwed by Hoffa. Vairma is Hoffa 2.0. We keep getting screwed by weak leaders like Vairma soon enough there won't be much difference between Amazon and UPS, non-union and union. I want to make a good middle class wage that's always improving, with great health insurance and a pension. O'Brien's the one to defend that and expand it to more workers. Vairma's the one to piss all over it so he can sit on his fat ass his whole term doing nothing and acting like he's hot :censored2:.
I agree 100% and I’m not just saying it because he’s the president of my local. Many times I’ve heard horror stories from workers at other buildings not in my local and I always say wow that would never happen in Local 25.

cachmeifucan

If you found this place your in the top 1% after reading through a few old posts. U can also Google issues at work and old forums with good information from here will pop up. Welcome

cachmeifucan

They want me gone that bad they could do all sorts of things.
Hey got a question? Off topic. So luckily my wife is 9 years younger then me. So my ? Is when i (god willing) turn 65 il get kicked onto Medicare right? So how long will she be covered under mu health insurance. Im sure i might have a local thats different.

542thruNthru

Hey got a question? Off topic. So luckily my wife is 9 years younger then me. So my ? Is when i (god willing) turn 65 il get kicked onto Medicare right? So how long will she be covered under mu health insurance. Im sure i might have a local thats different.
That would depend on your area.

Teamsters Western region and 177 retiree healthcare plan says..

Post-age 65: Once a participant or spouse qualifies for Medicare, their Western Region and 177 Plan retiree health benefits continue, but Medicare becomes the primary insurer.

I'd say call and ask but being that it can change with any contract it's not really worth asking yet.

cachmeifucan

That would depend on your area.

Teamsters Western region and 177 retiree healthcare plan says..

Post-age 65: Once a participant or spouse qualifies for Medicare, their Western Region and 177 Plan retiree health benefits continue, but Medicare becomes the primary insurer.

I'd say call and ask but being that it can change with any contract it's not really worth asking yet.
Another? Do they cap pt pension ay 35 years they do here. Sucks i know a guy got 44 years pt