Debates

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No. Nothing is capped here. The longer you work the more you put in and get at the end. PT just had a higher PEER. FT is 80 and PT is 84.
Listen up Ron Burgandy. The question out here is Vairma gonna do any of this stuff for other supplements or is this something that will never be changed? A lot of talk about the good cake you guys are eating out there and we want some nice muff too!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Listen up Ron Burgandy. The question out here is Vairma gonna do any of this stuff for other supplements or is this something that will never be changed? A lot of talk about the good cake you guys are eating out there and we want some nice muff too!
Sorry Ron but OZ gonna share the wealth
Your boys not got much of a chance

542thruNthru

That's a good question. When it comes to pensions I would have to say no. I would assume most pensions are multi employer pensions and it would take more than just getting UPS members a good contract to change things.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That's a good question. When it comes to pensions I would have to say no. I would assume most pensions are multi employer pensions and it would take more than just getting UPS members a good contract to change things.

Not sure about the East Coast but the Central and the Southern are under defined pension plans ... UPS only...(part timers) separate from the IBT/UPS pension plan (aka: Central States).

Chicago also has their own pension plans, but I believe that the part timers are still under that UPS controlled pension plan.

This federal bail out of the Teamster’s underfunded multi employer pension trust is the big game changer. Both the teamsters and UPS were lobbying for it big time.

Will that change the pension disparities of our total membership will be another story.. depends on who gets in... Vairma is running on his record with the Western pensions, being a trustee.. whether he will be willing to fight for the rest of his membership who are not as fortunate would be a hell of a question.

542thruNthru

Not sure about the East Coast but the Central and the Southern are under defined pension plans ... UPS only...(part timers) separate from the IBT/UPS pension plan (aka: Central States).

Chicago also has their own pension plans, but I believe that the part timers are still under that UPS controlled pension plan.

This federal bail out of the Teamster’s underfunded multi employer pension trust is the big game changer. Both the teamsters and UPS were lobbying for it big time.

Will that change the pension disparities of our total membership will be another story.. depends on who gets in... Vairma is running on his record with the Western pensions, being a trustee.. whether he will be willing to fight for the rest of his membership who are not as fortunate would be a hell of a question.
There is a lot of pensions out there. I believe 17 different ones with UPS teamsters.

I would hope no matter who gets in that they would be willing to fight for everyone to have a better pension.

Though the same question would be for O'Brien and Zuckerman. Will they be fighting to make sure all pensions continue to get better or will it be more focus on fixing New England and Central States?

Building everyone up to the same high quality pension as the top (which I believe is Local 639) pension is definitely not going to happen over night. The Butch Lewis act definitely helped out a lot and should help contract negotiations even more since that pension liability is gone.

There is a lot of pensions out there. I believe 17 different ones with UPS teamsters.

I would hope no matter who gets in that they would be willing to fight for everyone to have a better pension.

Though the same question would be for O'Brien and Zuckerman. Will they be fighting to make sure all pensions continue to get better or will it be more focus on fixing New England and Central States?

Building everyone up to the same high quality pension as the top (which I believe is Local 639) pension is definitely not going to happen over night. The Butch Lewis act definitely helped out a lot and should help contract negotiations even more since that pension liability is gone.
What makes 639's any better than the rest of ours?

Karma...

one can go to you tube and search sean obrien and teamsters and view what happened in rhode island to get some interesting views and slants...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
do any of the union pensions include medical benefits like managements ?

You pay for it.. with TeamCare it is $200 a month per individual.. family is $400.

Till you are 65 ... then you are booted out on Medicare.. no carry over supplement coverage.

Karma...

I would think that with one contract uniting most locals the pension payouts would be more similar than dissimilar......where are the differences in money going ?.....alot of money going in and not much coming out....

I would think that with one contract uniting most locals the pension payouts would be more similar than dissimilar......where are the differences in money going ?.....alot of money going in and not much coming out....
One of the biggest problems is many of the funds are in a multi-employer plan and meaning those companies are no longer in business