Defund the Police Excuse Making - Enabling Anti-American Hate Groups

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I didn't find a thread dealing specifically with this issue, and I didn't want to keep clogging up the thread about the awful murder of our brown brother with this topic.

But I wanted to respond to this patently absurd post:
Defund the police literally just means that they would take money from over loaded police budgets and put them in communities to help the people that are in need of things like mental health and rehab. It might not be the best idea but it’s better than what we have going on now. It’s not about cutting the amount of police on the street or cutting the amount they make per year. You don’t need the police doing wellness checks on people or coming calm a mental patient down. I do believe they can be there to make sure who ever is doing those jobs are safe but not actually doing it. I personally the police salary should triple. That job should start at six figures.

First: Don't talk about what the Defund the Police movement is actually about, then admit that you have no idea what it is actually about. It is not about simply moving funds around in some misguided attempt to find the perfect combination of government spending that will solve the world's problems. The people behind Defund the Police are driving a make-believe ad-campaign claiming that all police are racist murderers and that policing as we know it must come to an end. This milquetoast excuse making B.S. trying to tell people that isn't what the movement is about is only confusing the matter, and enabling a hate group.

Second: if funding mental health and social services better will solve problems, why does that money have to come from police budgets? You just admitted that you believe they are under-funded. It doesn't make sense. Why would you make excuses for a movement whose motives you admit to not knowing, when you don't even agree with the premise of what you think their motives are?

This would be the first fiscally responsible radical movement in history if what you claimed about Defund the Police were true. But instead of defunding the police, why not focus on government agencies that are actually a waste of resources?

Defund Public Health agencies that use fraudulent numbers in a pandemic to scare people into accepting being put under house arrest and having their livelihoods destroyed?

How about defunding the Public Education system that is pushing communist agitation doctrine on our kids and trying to block parents from knowing what they are teaching their kids?

Or defund the politicians who are usurping the power of the people to make decisions for themselves?

The list of government waste that can be cut back is endless, why start with the people we charge with the mostly thankless and dangerous job of upholding the law and helping to keep us safe? Because some agitators want to focus on the fact that some corrupt officers do things they shouldn't, or that some officers who are doing what they should and just so happen to kill someone with the wrong colored skin who were themselves doing things they shouldn't?

I'm not denying that police corruption and misconduct need to be addressed. It is simply an issue that doesn't apply to all police, nor will "defunding" the police do anything to solve the problem that won't cause much larger problems.

SLW

Hey, if you don't want to have to defend your opinions (and I don't blame you for not wanting to defend such terrible, factually unsupported opinions) then don't go clogging up a thread about the death of our coworker with your communist apologist garbage.
I think you have me confused with someone else.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think you have me confused with someone else.

Oh, you're right. Sorry, I was thinking you were the person I quoted. I edited my previous post. But, if you have an issue with what I said, why not share? I'm open to people presenting me with info or views I haven't considered.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
On the mental health issue, it was the democrats who closed down all the mental health facilities and forced everyone to become homeless and start living on the streets.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How many social workers will have to be injured or killed on the job before they start demanding that police officers accompany them on all calls ?

Shift 2

I didn't find a thread dealing specifically with this issue, and I didn't want to keep clogging up the thread about the awful murder of our brown brother with this topic.

First: Don't talk about what the Defund the Police movement is actually about, then admit that you have no idea what it is actually about. It is not about simply moving funds around in some misguided attempt to find the perfect combination of government spending that will solve the world's problems. The people behind Defund the Police are driving a make-believe ad-campaign claiming that all police are racist murderers and that policing as we know it must come to an end. This milquetoast excuse making B.S. trying to tell people that isn't what the movement is about is only confusing the matter, and enabling a hate group.

Second: if funding mental health and social services better will solve problems, why does that money have to come from police budgets? You just admitted that you believe they are under-funded. It doesn't make sense. Why would you make excuses for a movement whose motives you admit to not knowing, when you don't even agree with the premise of what you think their motives are?

This would be the first fiscally responsible radical movement in history if what you claimed about Defund the Police were true. But instead of defunding the police, why not focus on government agencies that are actually a waste of resources?

Defund Public Health agencies that use fraudulent numbers in a pandemic to scare people into accepting being put under house arrest and having their livelihoods destroyed?

How about defunding the Public Education system that is pushing communist agitation doctrine on our kids and trying to block parents from knowing what they are teaching their kids?

Or defund the politicians who are usurping the power of the people to make decisions for themselves?

The list of government waste that can be cut back is endless, why start with the people we charge with the mostly thankless and dangerous job of upholding the law and helping to keep us safe? Because some agitators want to focus on the fact that some corrupt officers do things they shouldn't, or that some officers who are doing what they should and just so happen to kill someone with the wrong colored skin who were themselves doing things they shouldn't?

I'm not denying that police corruption and misconduct need to be addressed. It is simply an issue that doesn't apply to all police, nor will "defunding" the police do anything to solve the problem that won't cause much larger problems.
Obviously you only see it your way so I’m not gonna waste my time going back and forth lol in the internet. But if you feel I said that police budgets were under funded because I said the police should get a raise then the conversation is pointless.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Obviously you only see it your way so I’m not gonna waste my time going back and forth lol in the internet. But if you feel I said that police budgets were under funded because I said the police should get a raise then the conversation is pointless.

That's a cop out (pun intended). You can't defend your position, so you pretend that I'm the problem. So please, enlighten me. What am I missing?

If you understood how budgets work, you would know that saying police need to make more money is the same as saying they are underfunded. Unless you think some other budget item is overfunded and you think that can be cut to provide the officers with raises. What part of the police budget do you think can be cut in order to raise the officers' salaries? What part can be defunded beyond that to increase funds to mental health and social workers? Enquiring minds want to know.

fishtm2001

That's a cop out (pun intended). You can't defend your position, so you pretend that I'm the problem. So please, enlighten me. What am I missing?

If you understood how budgets work, you would know that saying police need to make more money is the same as saying they are underfunded. Unless you think some other budget item is overfunded and you think that can be cut to provide the officers with raises. What part of the police budget do you think can be cut in order to raise the officers' salaries? What part can be defunded beyond that to increase funds to mental health and social workers? Enquiring minds want to know.
Police departments have grown dramatically in size since the mid-1990s, when federal funding first put thousands of new cops on the streets and since then (95), the year after the landmark national crime bill went into effect, the U.S. homicide rate has dropped by a third. Police spending per capita, however, has increased by 46 percent nationally — and in some cities, by far more.

Politico

rickyb

duplicate thread.

american police have been infiltrated by kkk. intercept has covered this.

go look up serpicos opinion on modern policing LOL

they dont even teach marx in american economic schools for hte most part. its pathetic. its one of the major economic philosophies with austrian and keynesian.

police dont uphold the law. they enforce certain laws for certain segments of the population. white collar criminals get away with murder quite often. cops are also the guys to smash your heads in if you protest too much or strike.

and american cops are out of control relative to the west. pretty typical.

defund the empire, defund the police.

rickyb

since u know everything about economics you might want to cut down on costs of living like tuition, housing, healthcare, instead of exclusively focusing on raising salaries

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Police departments have grown dramatically in size since the mid-1990s, when federal funding first put thousands of new cops on the streets and since then (95), the year after the landmark national crime bill went into effect, the U.S. homicide rate has dropped by a third. Police spending per capita, however, has increased by 46 percent nationally — and in some cities, by far more.

Politico
So there’s a direct correlation between police presence and homicides, you say?
Since the black homicide rate is higher than all other races combined, reducing police presence by defunding them should INCREASE the black homicide rate.

Why do you hate blacks?

rickyb

Since the black homicide rate is higher than all other races combined, reducing police presence by defunding them should INCREASE the black homicide rate.

Why do you hate blacks?
blacks live within the empires internal colonies and endure increased police repression and surveillance to fill the prison system and pay taxes disguised as fines for things like standing on the sidewalk, having your grass too long, etc.

fishtm2001

Why do you hate blacks?
"What would police city budgets look like if they had kept pace with homicide rates?

Take New York City, which spent $3.4 billion on policing in 1994, after adjustments for inflation. That year, the city saw 1,561 homicides. If that spending ratio had held constant, New York would have spent less than $1 billion in 2017, as a decades-long drop in violence reduced the need for policing.

Instead, New York spent more than $5 billion.'

Politico

rickyb

btw the idea that something is "anti american" is only seen in more authoritarian societies. theres no such thing as "anti italian" for example.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
since u know everything about economics you might want to cut down on costs of living like tuition, housing, healthcare, instead of exclusively focusing on raising salaries

I'm not the one who brought up raising salaries. TTKU. And this is not a dup thread, if anything it is antithetical to yours. If you actually took the time to read and understand what others write, we wouldn't have to waste so much time bringing you up to speed with what the conversation is actually about.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Politico
Yup, more police means less crime.
Stupid Democraps struggle with that fact.