Defund the Police Excuse Making - Enabling Anti-American Hate Groups

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
blacks live within the empires internal colonies and endure increased police repression and surveillance to fill the prison system and pay taxes disguised as fines for things like standing on the sidewalk, having your grass too long, etc.

You watch too many movies and think they are a complete reflection of reality.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
btw the idea that something is "anti american" is only seen in more authoritarian societies. theres no such thing as "anti italian" for example.
Saying that a person needs to believe in most of the beliefs and behaviors in this chart to be an American ...
... does not mean if one does not, that they are "Anti-American"

American Values Conversion.jpg

rickyb

Saying that a person needs to believe in most of the beliefs and behaviors in this chart to be an American ...
... does not mean if one does not, that they are "Anti-American"

View attachment 322504
im talking about the term anti american if u are critical of policy, not your culture and values. theres not such thing as anti french! there is anti russian i believe. its only used in totalitarian states and america.

Last edited:

Shift 2

That's a cop out (pun intended). You can't defend your position, so you pretend that I'm the problem. So please, enlighten me. What am I missing?

If you understood how budgets work, you would know that saying police need to make more money is the same as saying they are underfunded. Unless you think some other budget item is overfunded and you think that can be cut to provide the officers with raises. What part of the police budget do you think can be cut in order to raise the officers' salaries? What part can be defunded beyond that to increase funds to mental health and social workers? Enquiring minds want to know.
Take your win man lol. I don’t have that kind of time on my hands. I didn’t all of a sudden become super political and got really interested in what was going on around the country like I’m sure most people did when trump fist ran for office. Also I didn’t disrespect our brown brother by trying to start a debate about BLM. @Indecision mad a comment about defunding the police and I responded with something I’m hopes that he would look at the situation from both sides of the fence. He or she normally likes to ride the fence (and other things) anyway so I figured they would maybe understand what I was trying to say. Then you made it a debate trying to argue with me because you feel so strongly and feel your so knowledgeable about what’s going on.

SLW

On the mental health issue, it was the democrats who closed down all the mental health facilities and forced everyone to become homeless and start living on the streets.
Rarely hear anyone fault Democrats for that. Reagan usually gets the blame. But neither is true and both are true: It was a bipartisan effort at every level of government.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"What would police city budgets look like if they had kept pace with homicide rates?

Take New York City, which spent $3.4 billion on policing in 1994, after adjustments for inflation. That year, the city saw 1,561 homicides. If that spending ratio had held constant, New York would have spent less than $1 billion in 2017, as a decades-long drop in violence reduced the need for policing.

Instead, New York spent more than $5 billion.'

Politico
You’re just rickyb2, no personal opinions, just able to quote others.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Take your win man lol. I don’t have that kind of time on my hands. I didn’t all of a sudden become super political and got really interested in what was going on around the country like I’m sure most people did when trump fist ran for office. Also I didn’t disrespect our brown brother by trying to start a debate about BLM. @Indecision mad a comment about defunding the police and I responded with something I’m hopes that he would look at the situation from both sides of the fence. He or she normally likes to ride the fence (and other things) anyway so I figured they would maybe understand what I was trying to say. Then you made it a debate trying to argue with me because you feel so strongly and feel your so knowledgeable about what’s going on.

I didn't say you were being disrespectful, just that I was upset about your posting this topic on that thread. I started this thread to discuss the matter out of respect because I didn't want to derail the other thread.

I don't care as much about the defund the police movement, because I'm pretty sure most people understand what they are really about. It's people who try to superimpose their own views onto that movement, and ones like it, to try and get people to support it, when they don't even know what it is, that bothers me. It's deceitful, and I felt the need to call it out.

If you don't want to defend your positions, I suggest you think twice about posting them on public forums. Debating ideas is the original/main purpose of forums. If you make absurd statements, people are likely to point out why they are absurd.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
im talking about the term anti american if u are critical of policy, not your culture and values. theres not such thing as anti french! there is anti russian i believe. its only used in totalitarian states and america.

Only anti-_____ that exist are the ones rickyb says exists. I'd be pretty comfortable speculating that there are subversive elements in just about any country.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
we all follow our herd. can you imagine you and zub have typical right wing views?

I'm conservative, but I don't follow a herd. Definitely more of an outsider. If I spoke to anyone long enough, I'm sure I'd express a view that would enrage them. I don't care as much about fitting in as I do pursuing the truth, and the truth is often hurtful to people who are comfortably ensconced in their cocoon of lies.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Rarely hear anyone fault Democrats for that. Reagan usually gets the blame. But neither is true and both are true: It was a bipartisan effort at every level of government.
Opposition to mental institutions was started in the 50's and stems from people being committed to mental institutions against their will and the common deplorable conditions of life in them.
Democrats mostly but Repugs as well thought it was an infringement on personal rights of the individuals.

Geraldo Riviera made his first big splash on the American conscious with the 1972 exposé of
Willowbrook State School, Staten Island, New York.

Last edited:

SLW

Opposition to mental institutions was started in the 50's and stems from people being committed to mental institutions against their will and the common deplorable conditions of life in them.
Democrats mostly but Repugs as well thought it was an infringement on personal rights of the individuals.

Geraldo Riviera made his first big splash on the American conscious with the 1972 exposé of Willowbrook State School, Staten Island, New York.

That special is still one of the most disturbing, terrible, and memorable things I've ever watched.