Defund the Police Excuse Making - Enabling Anti-American Hate Groups

oldngray

nowhere special
Opposition to mental institutions was started in the 50's and stems from people being committed to mental institutions against their will and the common deplorable conditions of life in them.
Democrats mostly but Repugs as well thought it was an infringement on personal rights of the individuals.

Geraldo Riviera made his first big splash on the American conscious with the 1972 exposé of Willowbrook State School, Staten Island, New York.

I used to deliver to an old state psychiatric hospital. Built in late 1800's. In the sub basement they still had manacles for chaining patients to the wall. Real old school care. It was in the process of being phased out and replaced and has since been torn down.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I used to deliver to an old state psychiatric hospital. Built in late 1800's. In the sub basement they still had manacles for chaining patients to the wall. Real old school care. It was in the process of being phased out and replaced and has since been torn down.
I volunteered as a high school student for a year circa 1970 at a half-way house for mental patients.
It was sad and somber but nothing like Willowbrook.

oldngray

nowhere special
I volunteered as a high school student for a year circa 1970 at a half-way house for mental patients.
It was sad and somber but nothing like Willowbrook.
On Wednesdays they would let out some of the patients to walk down to Burger King to get french fries with pocket change. They were easy to spot as they staggered down the street zoned on thorazine.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
well ur the one using terms you dont understand. alot of americans got hung up on the term terrorism without knowing what it means.

No, I do understand them. You use words and terms that almost everyone else understands to mean one thing, but you use them with a different definition. You might as well be speaking a different language, as far as I'm concerned. But if you object to the term "anti-american" I can start using "anti-individual liberty". As far as I am concerned America stands for individual liberty. It doesn't matter how some influential institutions have perverted American values, or governments have tried to intrude on our liberty, or which radical movements try to claim that America is something it's not. Not even your misguided faith in the lessons you learned from Hollywood elites can change that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Opposition to mental institutions was started in the 50's and stems from people being committed to mental institutions against their will and the common deplorable conditions of life in them.
Democrats mostly but Repugs as well thought it was an infringement on personal rights of the individuals.

Geraldo Riviera made his first big splash on the American conscious with the 1972 exposé of
Willowbrook State School, Staten Island, New York.

My original major was psychology. We learned all about the terrible things that were done in the name of mental health. Labotomies, electroshock therapy (though this still has some limited therapeutic legitimacy), forced commitments, etc.

I really liked " Changeling" for how it showed how mental health systems could be manipulated and used to imprison people "authorities" claimed to be crazy.

Mental health is a tricky matter with no easy solutions, especially since there can never be a one-size-fits-all solution. This is why government policy can never take the place of family and community connections, and encouraging strong families is in the best interest of both the individual and society in general.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
My original major was psychology.
Mental health is a tricky matter with no easy solutions, especially since there can never be a one-size-fits-all solution. This is why government policy can never take the place of family and community connections, and encouraging strong families is in the best interest of both the individual and society in general.
That's how many very wealthy parents dealt with disruptive adult kids ... had them committed so as to not embarrass 'the family'.

rickyb

No, I do understand them. You use words and terms that almost everyone else understands to mean one thing, but you use them with a different definition. You might as well be speaking a different language, as far as I'm concerned. But if you object to the term "anti-american" I can start using "anti-individual liberty". As far as I am concerned America stands for individual liberty. It doesn't matter how some influential institutions have perverted American values, or governments have tried to intrude on our liberty, or which radical movements try to claim that America is something it's not. Not even your misguided faith in the lessons you learned from Hollywood elites can change that.
anti american means being against govt policy.

what do you think the BLM are fighting for? freedom. including from police repression. freedom from inflated housing prices, capitalism, student debt, etc. some of them understand thats all linked in a grand system to keep you under control. its part of a mind:censored2: i like to call the matrix. so when you hear about ppl wanting to defund hte police i view this as a more radical solution meaning to the root of the problem. it begins to approach the level of getting rid of capitalism or something which strikes at where the problem starts.

unfortunately the left has been mostly destroyed in america and is probably immature and weak. so you will get violent protests, which maybe is typical of a violent country. the country became corporatized beginning with reagan which was the business backlash to the "excess of democracy" during the 1960s and part of the 1970s i guess.

alot of right wingers are confused and will probably defend a surveillance state similar to china which is where u are headed. they view ppl like snowden and manning as traitors. they dont have any principles and blow with the wind. ppl get run over by cars...ok! or the right wing wont do anything at all. what have they protested for in last 10 years? the left i assume was occupy and BLM. maybe they supported BLM or at least some of htem.

rickyb

My original major was psychology. We learned all about the terrible things that were done in the name of mental health. Labotomies, electroshock therapy (though this still has some limited therapeutic legitimacy), forced commitments, etc.

I really liked " Changeling" for how it showed how mental health systems could be manipulated and used to imprison people "authorities" claimed to be crazy.

if u want mental health encourage mutual respect especially at work, and eliminate poverty for starters.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
anti american means being against govt policy.

what do you think the BLM are fighting for? freedom. including from police repression. freedom from inflated housing prices, capitalism, student debt, etc. some of them understand thats all linked in a grand system to keep you under control. its part of a mind* i like to call the matrix. so when you hear about ppl wanting to defund hte police i view this as a more radical solution meaning to the root of the problem. it begins to approach the level of getting rid of capitalism or something which strikes at where the problem starts.

unfortunately the left has been mostly destroyed in america and is probably immature and weak. so you will get violent protests, which maybe is typical of a violent country. the country became corporatized beginning with reagan which was the business backlash to the "excess of democracy" during the 1960s and part of the 1970s i guess.

alot of right wingers are confused and will probably defend a surveillance state similar to china which is where u are headed. they view ppl like snowden and manning as traitors. they dont have any principles and blow with the wind. ppl get run over by cars...ok! or the right wing wont do anything at all. what have they protested for in last 10 years? the left i assume was occupy and BLM. maybe they supported BLM or at least some of htem.

Thank you for proving my point. Within your communist echo chamber bubble that might be what anti-american means. But America is not the sum of government policy. And BLM can be free of all those things if they were to make better decisions. Getting rid of capitalism and police could well solve some problems, but it will certainly not bring people out of poverty, quite the opposite, and eliminating the police will only solve the relatively minor amount of repression, but it will usher in all kinds of new and worse repression.

If you think "right wingers" would welcomè a surveillance state, you are confused. Of course anyone who is short of full commie is a right winger in your mind. Conservative and liberal libertarians rail against any increase in government overreach, and have been warning of the emerging surveillance state. For which we get labelled conspiracy theorist nut jobs. You pretend to be against government, but then you turn around and demand that we give more power to the government so they will usher in all the programs you think should exist. That's the sort of thing that happens when you misuse language. You believe in two contradictory things at once, and project that on to others.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
if u want mental health encourage mutual respect especially at work, and eliminate poverty for starters.

I can't eliminate poverty for others. I can make good decisions, and work hard and smart to keep myself out of poverty. Anyone who thinks they can't and that the system is rigged against them because they don't get to live like a billionaire without doing anything is deceiving themselves.

I am always respectful and polite with people at work. Some people demand extra respect without earning it, and I don't give it go them, which can make them upset sometimes. You want a higher level than mutual respect, you gotta earn it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Which they could only do because there were people willing to provide that service. A strong family would confront the issue head on and take care of each other.
I guess The Kennedy Family was not strong enough ... Rosemary (JFK's sister) was rebellious and her father Joe Sr had her committed and a frontal lobotomy performed on her.

Rosemary Kennedy: The Tragic Story of Why JFK's Sister Disappeared from Public View

Joe Sr. allegedly told his wife it would be best for her not to visit Rosemary so she could get "accustomed" to her new living arrangement. They told everyone else that she was off studying to be a teacher or getting involved in social work. Eunice, the sibling Rosemary was closest to, said that she didn't know where Rosemary was for over a decade. In letters to the family, Joe Sr. kept up a vague facade that Rosemary was "getting along quite happily," never once mentioning the surgery. After 1944, all mentions of Rosemary in family letters stopped.

By 1948, John had been elected to the House of Representatives and had aspirations for higher offices. Joe Sr. started to worry about the secret of Rosemary getting out and spoiling things, so he made arrangements to have Rosemary relocated to an institution in Wisconsin, where she would live for the remaining 56 years of her life. He never visited.

1609037987288.png

rickyb

Thank you for proving my point. Within your communist echo chamber bubble that might be what anti-american means. But America is not the sum of government policy. And BLM can be free of all those things if they were to make better decisions. Getting rid of capitalism and police could well solve some problems, but it will certainly not bring people out of poverty, quite the opposite, and eliminating the police will only solve the relatively minor amount of repression, but it will usher in all kinds of new and worse repression.

If you think "right wingers" would welcomè a surveillance state, you are confused. Of course anyone who is short of full commie is a right winger in your mind. Conservative and liberal libertarians rail against any increase in government overreach, and have been warning of the emerging surveillance state. For which we get labelled conspiracy theorist nut jobs. You pretend to be against government, but then you turn around and demand that we give more power to the government so they will usher in all the programs you think should exist. That's the sort of thing that happens when you misuse language. You believe in two contradictory things at once, and project that on to others.
police repression is not minor in america.

actually you can always do things to reduce poverty for others. i have. youre welcome. did u know you can affect govt policy for the better? its amazing. the rich do it every day.

if you replace capitalism with 1 worker 1 vote and ownership thats better.

yea i have mixed feelings on govt, it likely needs to be more democratic and there needs to be more democratic engagement including protests. i think all the guys i listen to are in favor of regulations. im not sure where they stand in terms of a more systemic solution with govt.

you are too dismissive of being born poor and economic mobility. truth is its not so great and is probably hard to escape. its not about "better decisions" lol.

i said alot of right wingers not all. not sure how much support more surveillance or not.

Last edited:

rickyb

I can't eliminate poverty for others. I can make good decisions, and work hard and smart to keep myself out of poverty. Anyone who thinks they can't and that the system is rigged against them because they don't get to live like a billionaire without doing anything is deceiving themselves.

I am always respectful and polite with people at work. Some people demand extra respect without earning it, and I don't give it go them, which can make them upset sometimes. You want a higher level than mutual respect, you gotta earn it.
ABDJABA ABDJABA ABDJABA

newfie

"What would police city budgets look like if they had kept pace with homicide rates?

Take New York City, which spent $3.4 billion on policing in 1994, after adjustments for inflation. That year, the city saw 1,561 homicides. If that spending ratio had held constant, New York would have spent less than $1 billion in 2017, as a decades-long drop in violence reduced the need for policing.

Instead, New York spent more than $5 billion.'

Politico
you didnt answer his question. why do you hate blacks?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
police repression is not minor in america.

actually you can always do things to reduce poverty for others. i have. youre welcome. did u know you can affect govt policy for the better? its amazing. the rich do it every day.

if you replace capitalism with 1 worker 1 vote and ownership thats better.

yea i have mixed feelings on govt, it likely needs to be more democratic and there needs to be more democratic engagement including protests. i think all the guys i listen to are in favor of regulations. im not sure where they stand in terms of a more systemic solution with govt.

you are too dismissive of being born poor and economic mobility. truth is its not so great and is probably hard to escape. its not about "better decisions" lol.

i said alot of right wingers not all. not sure how much support more surveillance or not.

You are dismissive of the fact that life is hard.

I said police repression is relatively minor. Compared to the repression that despots cause in the absence of law enforcement, police repression is barely noticeable. I think police misconduct should be dealt with swiftly and harshly precisely because the position of trust they hold.