Delivering against flow of traffic?

El Correcto

god is dead
Whoaa, so this is like a really big deal for UPS??? Parking facing against the flow of traffic is one of deadliest sins
I don't even park on the wrong side of unmarked parking lots to deliver a business. If anyone hits your truck while your on the wrong side of the road, you'll find out the answer to your question.

nextlife

I don't even park on the wrong side of unmarked parking lots to deliver a business. If anyone hits your truck while your on the wrong side of the road, you'll find out the answer to your question.

Okay, thank you. So I guess the answer is no. Even in a quiet residential area with no traffic to speak of?

I am Fedex and I was never properly trained as to whether I should or shouldn't do this. Obviously if it is a busy road I am not going to do it, but if it is a dead residential area, I don't really see any problem.

nextlife

So what is the proper and most efficient way to deliver a street with odds and evens. Do one side and then turn around and do the other? Or park and walk across the street with the package?

Rack em

Made the Podium
So what is the proper and most efficient way to deliver a street with odds and evens. Do one side and then turn around and do the other? Or park and walk across the street with the package?
Does it take more time to walk across the street... or drive, make a u-turn, and drive back to where you already were except maybe 15 feet closer?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Okay, thank you. So I guess the answer is no. Even in a quiet residential area with no traffic to speak of?

I am Fedex and I was never properly trained as to whether I should or shouldn't do this. Obviously if it is a busy road I am not going to do it, but if it is a dead residential area, I don't really see any problem.
Since you are with FedEx, then the proper way is to nose into each residential driveway, make the delivery and then blindly back out into traffic.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
are you nuts?
Lol. I saw just this week, a FedEx ground parked on the opposite side of a busy street, opposing traffic, making a delivery. But don't worry, his bulk head was open, and engine running, so he could get out of there fast.

CanOSup

One of them

If its a dead rural road, why not park on the correct side of the road and either cross the street from the rear of package car or use your drivers side door???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So then what do you do when you have 3 stops on one street, 2 odd and 1 even. Even addresses are on the right and you are driving on the right side of the road. Do you flip around after delivering the 1 even address or do you park on the right side of the road and cross the street to deliver the 2 odd addresses?

Are these serious questions?

You park on the correct side of the road, deliver the even address and then cross behind the package car to deliver the two odd address across the street.