Delivering to possible Identity Theft customer

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
As a driver on the same route everyday, you tend to know and realize when something is not right.
I understand everyone's point of view. I also understand that as the driver, I'm 100% responsible for the delivery.
If I think that name doesn't live there, I'm going to get it looked up as NSP.
Any driver here long enough knows that we're held accountable for everything we do.
If I know a house is empty, would I leave a package on the front step, NO.
Thanks for the responses and I hope LP will flag the stop and force the person to pick up his packages with one of his 30 ID cards.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
We deliver to addresses, not people. I respect what you're doing but I personally would not want to get involved beyond notifying LP and my management team.

I deliver to some pretty ghetto neighborhoods though, so my safety would be a big concern if somebody were to believe I'm a "snitch".

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
All of your attitudes is what'l is wrong with America these days.

Not my problem! Doesn't hurt me!

But it hurts someone. What if it was your id and credit information that was stolen? What if you found out that someone knew or had an idea about what was going on before you were victimized but didn't say anything?

I don't expect any of you to be kicking down doors slappin on cuffs and interrogating people but for christ sake at least point the people who will in that direction!

Faceplanted

All of your attitudes is what'l is wrong with America these days.

Not my problem! Doesn't hurt me!

But it hurts someone. What if it was your id and credit information that was stolen? What if you found out that someone knew or had an idea about what was going on before you were victimized but didn't say anything?

I don't expect any of you to be kicking down doors slappin on cuffs and interrogating people but for christ sake at least point the people who will in that direction!
What if the people you The people you are ratting out are actually innocent and your just jumping to conclusions? What if the gov tells people to start reporting their neighbors who have guns in a case of martial law. You ever heard of swatting? It's a very fine line my friend.

box_beeyotch

We deliver to addresses, not people. I respect what you're doing but I personally would not want to get involved beyond notifying LP and my management team.

I deliver to some pretty ghetto neighborhoods though, so my safety would be a big concern if somebody were to believe I'm a "snitch".

Same here and while some of the people in the projects are sketchy and you know their up to no good on the corners, I dont go calling the police every time I see a drug deal go down...because for one its none of my business and for two I'm no snitch. I've had classmates in high school involved in the drug trade who took a plea deal and ratted on someone to get a lighter sentence...and guess where they are now? That's right, dead.

wayfair

swollen member
There's a duplex I deliver to that is rented out. The tenant before screwed me over on a delivery so it has become a signature required address. The new tenants moved in around September last year, and by November I noticed these people were receiving packages with different names. These names would delivered for a 2 week stretch, usually by air or 2nd day, then disappear. 2-3 weeks down the line, another name would pop up and another week stretch of deliveries.

Obviously I'm not stupid, I bring it up to loss prevention and he basically just tells me to make sure he signs for it. Yesterday, I delivered a Sprint phone with an unfamiliar name. I ask if he's here. He says he's in school late so he'll sign for it. :bsbullf:

Today another Sprint phone came with a different name and I just sheeted it as NO SUCH PERSON and left it for the clerk. I told my sup today that I don't want to be a part of this and need something to be done. I've done everything not to confront the customer but I don't want to deliver there and start an altercation. Have any drivers dealt with this before and can they freeze deliveries to certain addresses ?

I have had this exact experience. I did inform the office about it and LP and started to sheet them NSP.
The guy that lived there stopped and asked why he wasn't receiving his deliveries, that he worked for Sprint and was having stuff delivered to his house for his customers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I did not lie to anybody. I knew nothing. Fishy behavior is just that fishy behavior. I have no right to decide somebody's fate or help in any case based on what my personal opinion is as fishy. law enforcement is here to serve me I, im not here to serve them in something that doesn't even pertain to me....

1. You aren't deciding their fate, its up to a jury to do that.

2. Cooperation is a two way street. Expecting law enforcement to "serve you" while at the same time refusing to cooperate with them is the very definition of a self centered entitlement mentality.

3. If you live or work in a community, then any criminal activity in that community does pertain to you. No man is an island.

Faceplanted

1. You aren't deciding their fate, its up to a jury to do that.

2. Cooperation is a two way street. Expecting law enforcement to "serve you" while at the same time refusing to cooperate with them is the very definition of a self centered entitlement mentality.

3. If you live or work in a community, then any criminal activity in that community does pertain to you. No man is an island.
I live in a big city, not in these little small towns some of you guys do who live in a perfect world. My only sense of community is my immediate neighbors who all look out for eachothers, outside of my household area Its every man for them selves. I cc and don't need to call the police to handle any immediate threat I or any other innocent human is in that I can solve.

heybobby!

There's a duplex I deliver to that is rented out. The tenant before screwed me over on a delivery so it has become a signature required address. The new tenants moved in around September last year, and by November I noticed these people were receiving packages with different names. These names would delivered for a 2 week stretch, usually by air or 2nd day, then disappear. 2-3 weeks down the line, another name would pop up and another week stretch of deliveries.

Obviously I'm not stupid, I bring it up to loss prevention and he basically just tells me to make sure he signs for it. Yesterday, I delivered a Sprint phone with an unfamiliar name. I ask if he's here. He says he's in school late so he'll sign for it. :bsbullf:

Today another Sprint phone came with a different name and I just sheeted it as NO SUCH PERSON and left it for the clerk. I told my sup today that I don't want to be a part of this and need something to be done. I've done everything not to confront the customer but I don't want to deliver there and start an altercation. Have any drivers dealt with this before and can they freeze deliveries to certain addresses ?
If you can find the package in the am leave on belt and let a pt sup and clerk know that this is possible fraud. If customer asks tell them call the center and tell the cust your just working as directed

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
"Officer, why don't you stop them damn drug dealers selling that :censored2: to our kids?"

"Do you know who they are?"

"I ain't no snitch"

::::::blank stare:::::::

People like you all are part of the reason why I couldn't take being an LEO anymore.

clean hairy

Guy I know lives in the Hood.
He says if you want to stay healthy, you never say anything, and you never see nothing that might have happened.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
What if the people you The people you are ratting out are actually innocent and your just jumping to conclusions? What if the gov tells people to start reporting their neighbors who have guns in a case of martial law. You ever heard of swatting? It's a very fine line my friend.

Telling your LP that something is fishy is far from swatting dude

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I live in a big city, not in these little small towns some of you guys do who live in a perfect world. My only sense of community is my immediate neighbors who all look out for eachothers, outside of my household area Its every man for them selves. I cc and don't need to call the police to handle any immediate threat I or any other innocent human is in that I can solve.
You cant be everywhere at once with your gun, and the people who are buying drugs from the house that you wont talk to the police about will steal from you or your neighbors in a heartbeat if the opportunity presents itself.