Delivery time window

Methods Man

I had a similar issue yesterday covering a route I hardly ever do. Customer has a 1030 pickup two days a week that didn’t line up in Orion order and didn’t show up under commits. Only found out about it after my OMS sent me a message at 11 saying I was late...

tadpole

One time I had a ground misload. When I delivered it, the choose reason for late screen popped up. Turns out that package was a delivery window package. So yes, it counts as late.
To my knowledge if your late to a delivery window stop it doesn’t count against you unless the customer complains about it. It’s not a service level like a NDA or saver

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The worst is when they choose the 9am-11am window.
At FDX we would get a window that would fall an hour after we’d finished the route. Nothing to do but sit there on the clock, many times with the recipient at home.
Love those idiots in corporate with their ‘justifying my job’ mentality.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I had a similar issue yesterday covering a route I hardly ever do. Customer has a 1030 pickup two days a week that didn’t line up in Orion order and didn’t show up under commits. Only found out about it after my OMS sent me a message at 11 saying I was late...

Pickups don't show up under commits. ODS will give you a reminder based on your ETA. To see regularly scheduled pickups you select "Scheduled" from the main menu screen.

lolbr

IIRC, there used to be a bug with resi savers and commit windows. If you cleared your resi savers from the commit screen, it screwed up the commit window time in the diad and the diad would basically forget there was a commit window.

Been a couple years since I've cleared out resi savers though.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You must not have Orion in your center.

We do, doesn't change what I said. My pickups are never in the right order in Orion. When I cover an unfamiliar route I always check the scheduled screen to get a good idea on when to break off and start pick ups and how to run them. Of course, they aren't always scheduled correctly either, but you can only work with what you got.

tadpole

We do, doesn't change what I said. My pickups are never in the right order in Orion. When I cover an unfamiliar route I always check the scheduled screen to get a good idea on when to break off and start pick ups and how to run them. Of course, they aren't always scheduled correctly either, but you can only work with what you got.
My bad. I misread your post and thought you were saying something that you weren’t really saying.

Zowert

Is there some sort of fee for these delivery time windows? I’m assuming there must be, otherwise everyone would request a certain time frame they’d like their package delivered.

I remember delivering a computer to a customer in this open apartment complex right off a busy road, they had a window of 1600-1800. I show up at 1630, no one is home but it’s a ‘Consignee Signature Release, FRONT DOOR’. There was nowhere to conceal this thing next to their door so I just left it there, beat on the door with my board one more time and walked. I am almost certain that package was stolen.

lolbr

Is there some sort of fee for these delivery time windows? I’m assuming there must be, otherwise everyone would request a certain time frame they’d like their package delivered.

**Premium members (used to be $40 per year, not sure how much it is now) receive two free confirmed 2-hour delivery window requests annually. An $8 fee is charged for each additional request. Members are charged an $8 fee for each confirmed 2-hour delivery window request.

P700slave

We are told to “trust the solution”. They think that computer can run my route better than me so screw them and the problems they created with Orion.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We are told to “trust the solution”. They think that computer can run my route better than me so screw them and the problems they created with Orion.
"Hey the computer says my leave building time is 8:30, but we don't even start until 9:15"
"Follow orion, be under allowed, and don't have any late or missed damn it!"