Delivery truck hits pedestrian in fatal accident

oldngray

nowhere special
memes_to_fill_your_mememeter_up_640_57.jpg

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
>“as you approach the car, scan the area around vehicle. check in front, under and behind the vehicle. recheck in front if conditions have changed.”

found the driver who didn’t go to integrad
Says the guy that knows nothing of driving, we will send you out on a OJS ride for 2 hrs over allowed. Managment cant even play by their own rules or even remember them half the time.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So, did the guy suffer from a foot injury right before getting run over? Like he stepped of the curb wrong and twisted his ankle in front of the package car? Or was it an old injury and he was desperate for smokes so he was crawling into the tabacco shop?

Daf

>“as you approach the car, scan the area around vehicle. check in front, under and behind the vehicle. recheck in front if conditions have changed.”

found the driver who didn’t go to integrad
If we go off your calculations, there is no time for a driver to do that...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Maybe the worst movie I ever saw....

But yeah...Like what the hell. Some guy is literally crawling down the street....gets run over. Something is off.
I feel so bad for the driver. You do the best you can everyday and then something like this happens where you followed the methods and someone is crawling in front of the truck?

It's like that package driver that ran over and killed a kid that went under his car retrieving a soccer ball. It was a tragedy that may or may not have been prevented.

F

Frankie's Friend

So, did the guy suffer from a foot injury right before getting run over? Like he stepped of the curb wrong and twisted his ankle in front of the package car? Or was it an old injury and he was desperate for smokes so he was crawling into the tabacco shop?
May have been someone disabled like you see in India who has to crawl everywhere because their legs are impotent.

Pretty sad for both parties.

We had a driver give a safety tip lately about delivering in his small metro area.
He looked LRL but failed to see the wheelchair come from the right side around his PC and almost hit the guy as he proceeded thru the intersection. If the "pedestrian" has not yelled he would've struck him. Our driver (who has driven for over 25 yrs) was pretty shook up.

All I can say is slow the heck down in metro areas and give the variables a little more time to show themselves because saving a half hour by looking but not really seeing is not a good gamble.

This job is not to die (or kill) for.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
May have been someone disabled like you see in India who has to crawl everywhere because their legs are impotent.

We had a driver give a safety tip lately about delivering in his small metro area.
He looked LRL but failed to see the wheelchair come from the right side around his PC and almost hit the guy as he proceeded thru the intersection. If the "pedestrian" has not yelled he would've struck him. Our driver (who has driven for over 25 yrs) was pretty shook up.

All I can say is slow the heck down in metro areas and give the variables a little more time to show themselves because saving a half hour by looking but not really seeing is not a good gamble.

The article, such as it is, says the deceased had a foot injury. If it were a long term disability I would think they would describe his condition differently.

Chester

Who knew India was full of disabled crawlers? Learn something new everyday on here.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

So your telling me you would look for a man crawling on the ground in front of your package car before every stop. Bulls*.