Demoncrats want to tax pensions in Illinois

Moto110

Like band aids, you have to pull it off slowly or people will realize they are getting hurt! But yeah, I’m the one who needs a safe space!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I'm not referring to the supreme Court decision. Republicans took away their rights in my state long ago.

In regards to the Janus case, If you don't realize we're next you're delusional. Republicans are already gearing up cases, and your boy Trump is going to appoint a Justice that helps them win.
agree to disagree, trump has never been a big union guy and has not publicly said he wants to go after unions but if you feel that he will end all unions for the private sector as well then be my guest. Teamsters have survived many Republican presidents and Republican held supreme courts. I will wait before I jump off the bridge to see how things go but if you want be my guest.

BigBrown87

We will sustain because our economy is multifaceted just like the US. I know you California haters can't stand it, but it is fact.
California is Now the 5th Largest World Economy in Terms of GDP
Sorry no numbers in your article to back up what you are saying, just a bunch of posts from randoms and no mention of a GDP number. Please try again when you bring me some numbers to GDP debt ratio. I have provided you with a number of 1.3 trillion in debt show me where California will be able to pay off that debt and still be the 5th largest economy. If not, you have no arguement just talking out your ass.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
agree to disagree, trump has never been a big union guy and has not publicly said he wants to go after unions but if you feel that he will end all unions for the private sector as well then be my guest. Teamsters have survived many Republican presidents and Republican held supreme courts. I will wait before I jump off the bridge to see how things go but if you want be my guest.
The Janus decision just overturned 70 years of precedent that protected us. Read the majority opinion and explain to me which part of it you think wouldn't apply to us when Republicans bring a similar case involving a private sector Union....

What you're saying is you want to wait until they've destroyed unions and supreme Court precedence has been set before you admit Republican politicians side with corporations over workers.

Last edited:

BigBrown87

We will sustain because our economy is multifaceted just like the US. I know you California haters can't stand it, but it is fact.
California is Now the 5th Largest World Economy in Terms of GDP
Did the work for you 2.2 trillion minus 1.3 trillion is equal to 900 billion. So you would drop if your state would pay what it owes to bonds and other loans it has secured over the years. Also 263 billion a year is in the red for your state not the picture perfect economy I would want to live in.

MAKAVELI

Sorry no numbers in your article to back up what you are saying, just a bunch of posts from randoms and no mention of a GDP number. Please try again when you bring me some numbers to GDP debt ratio. I have provided you with a number of 1.3 trillion in debt show me where California will be able to pay off that debt and still be the 5th largest economy. If not, you have no arguement just talking out your ass.
We're not in debt. Ttku
Jerry Brown's Legacy: A $6.1 Billion Budget Surplus in California

BigBrown87

The Janus decision just overturned 70 years of precedent that protected us. Read the majority opinion and explain to me which party of it you think wouldn't apply to us when Republicans bring a similar case involving a private sector Union....

What you're saying is you want to wait until they've destroyed unions and supreme Court precedence has been set before you admit Republican politicians side with corporations over workers.
I will what and see just like the rest of us and not live in fear of the what if. You old guys keep telling me the world will end and yet hear I am still standing and breathing, if you are so worried about this issue there are many organizations and causes that you can join to help fight for the cause. Republicans have been in office before and will be in office again, we will still be around as history would show. But like I said if you want to act like the union is gone now after this decision, so be it. I will continue to live my life and not blow something out of proportion.

Moto110

Did the work for you 2.2 trillion minus 1.3 trillion is equal to 900 billion. So you would drop if your state would pay what it owes to bonds and other loans it has secured over the years. Also 263 billion a year is in the red for your state not the picture perfect economy I would want to live in.
You just don't get it!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I will what and see just like the rest of us and not live in fear of the what if. You old guys keep telling me the world will end and yet hear I am still standing and breathing, if you are so worried about this issue there are many organizations and causes that you can join to help fight for the cause. Republicans have been in office before and will be in office again, we will still be around as history would show. But like I said if you want to act like the union is gone now after this decision, so be it. I will continue to live my life and not blow something out of proportion.
No you won't live in a state fear, you will live in a state of willful ignorance.

You're not waiting to see, you're actively helping them by giving them your vote.

BigBrown87

No you won't live in a state fear, you will live in a state of willful ignorance.

You're not waiting to see, you're actively helping them by giving them your vote.
So if this article is correct I should vote for Democrats that will tax my pension after I retire from decades of hard work? Yeah that sounds great sign me up. If Democrats want to be heard and get voted into office better try putting out a different message. Obviously the one they put out didn't work in 2016, hence why Trump won.

MAKAVELI

Yes you are my friend, better try googling California in debt. 1.3 trillion in bold letters for you so you can see for sure this time.
When you have budget surpluses every year bonds sold are not a big issue considering overall debt. We made it through the great recession and housing bubble and are booming in many different industries. We'll be fine. Worry about your own state.

BigBrown87

When you have budget surpluses every year bonds sold are not a big issue considering overall debt. We made it through the great recession and housing bubble and are booming in many different industries. We'll be fine. Worry about your own state.
My state is not in debt and has never asked for a bailout from the federal government. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi will take great care of you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So if this article is correct I should vote for Democrats that will tax my pension after I retire from decades of hard work? Yeah that sounds great sign me up. If Democrats want to be heard and get voted into office better try putting out a different message.
Uh, your pension is already taxed and Republicans are in charge. And it's taxed again by many states led by Republicans.... So I'm not sure what your point is.

BigBrown87

California never asked for a bailout either. Got out of Bush's mess ourselves.
Just admit defeat in the sense that you dont bring facts to the table, I will always say when I am wrong when proven wrong. So far you are 0/2 my friend.

MAKAVELI

Just admit defeat in the sense that you dont bring facts to the table, I will always say when I am wrong when proven wrong. So far you are 0/2 my friend.
Still waiting for that link for a bailout. It don't matter if we move to #4, haters like you will still hate. Don't worry bro no matter what we'll still be here and continue to lead the nation.:happy2:

BigBrown87

Uh, your pension is already taxed and Republicans are in charge. And it's taxed again by many states led by Republicans.... So I'm not sure what your point is.
I am pointing out the thread that states Democrats want to tax pensions, the same Democrats that say support middle class families and want to help the middle class. My point is your Democrats do not have a message that gains support which leads to people voting for Republicans. Democrats put themselves in this position by lying to the American public about Obama care and countless other issues that lead to trump winning. By you saying I or we are voting for Republicans that cause the union harm my response is do a better job and you will get the job. This is their own doing and to blame anybody but themselves is shameful and a disgrace. So my response is what do you have for me that wants me to vote Democrat? What is your message what are you going to do for unions or the people in general?

Last edited: