derail

rod

Retired 22 years
I find it hilarious that Upstate says he has put a few of us on "ignore" again. And Hoax's statement about ignoring everyone who has ever derailed a thread is totally weird. For the record I would like to state that:

#1--Upstate can't ignore anyone. Hes proven that many times over. He can't even disappear like he says hes going to.

#2--Hoax has apparently pulled a "Tie Guy" and went off the deep end.

P.S. Feel free to derail this if you want to. I won't cry.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And Hoax's statement about ignoring everyone who has ever derailed a thread is totally weird. For the record I would like to state that:

#2--Hoax has apparently pulled a "Tie Guy" and went off the deep end.

P.S. Feel free to derail this if you want to. I won't cry.

First - Rod and Moreluck are not on my ignore list although they might want to be.

Second - I don't think I said "ignoring everyone who has ever derailed" and if I did, that was a mistake.
I put people on ignore when they fall into one or more of the following categories:

1) FedEx forum posters who limit their posts to the FedEx forum.

2) Current Event forum posters who limit their posts to the Current Events forum except wkmac @wkmac .

3) Members who consistently take threads off topic. I was looking at a thread this morning and only 4 posts showed up out of 20. Of those 16, only 1 was on topic. While I don't mind a snide comment, especially a humourous one, on occasion ... this type of superfluous posting adds nothing to my experience and interrupts my reading a thread's original purpose.

4) I have little patience for members who gang up other members like teenage mutant ninja piranhas.
I also don't care for members who are attacking other members. This included Upstate for awhile but he seems to be limiting it to the members who gang up on him so I don't see the interaction. Also, since Upstate posts are consistently informative and insightful while bereft of emotional outbursts, I decided to remove him from my ignore list.

5) Members who are in the moderation queue since their posts have been read and approved by myself or another Mod.

If I pulled a "Tie Guy", I had the common sense to not do it against the owner of the site and the Mods ... that would be just plain friend* stupid.
When I "went off the deep end", I choose to put the people on ignore that was causing me mental stress.

Last edited:
Maybe upstate will learn.....leave other people alone....and we will let you live in yoour "perfect little world"...all by yourself. But noooooo that will never happen! the rest of us have nothing to offer BC!......is it just me. or has it seemed a little ...dry...lately??

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Maybe upstate will learn.....leave other people alone....and we will let you live in yoour "perfect little world"...all by yourself. But noooooo that will never happen! the rest of us have nothing to offer BC!......is it just me. or has it seemed a little ...dry...lately??
I would just try and ignore him and let it go. I've been fighting this battle for almost 5 years and it's gone nowhere. This is Cheryl's site. She doesn't like it. As much as you want to fight with him and jab back it's just not worth it. You don't have to put him on ignore to ignore him. If you reply to him or about him before pressing send think on it for a couple minutes first.

Johney

I suppose this is appropriate for this thread.
thread direction.jpg