Detroit Votes!

BigBrownboxx

UPS Teamsters covered by the Local 243 Metro/Detroit Supplement Agreement have voted to ratify the agreement. Voting took place today.

Total YES votes: 295 - Percentage YES: 71%
Total NO votes: 121 - Percentage NO: 29%
Total Votes: 416

Click here for PDF: http://ibt.io/243pdf).

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
CB4B5776-CF3F-43FF-A6C5-9FD8F705D3E2.jpeg

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
The IAM 698 vote was even more pathetic
About 90% yes to 10% no.
Too many Janitors making $36 an hour and tradesman that have worked at UPS so long they can't think for themselves anymore.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Im just disappointed in the entire turnout for this contract , Master and Supplements

I agree 100% but again a lot of folks just aren't involved and just don't care. Part time employees are simply uninvolved and don't care. Not blaming they completely but let's be honest where the issues lies. I wish they would negotiate their own contract so they can work for pennies and nothing more. It also falls on stewards who are not making sure members are as involved as they should be. My steward is a perfect example of that. I learn more on here than I could ever hope to from him. It's a sad state that we find our union in.

I agree 100% but again a lot of folks just aren't involved and just don't care. Part time employees are simply uninvolved and don't care. Not blaming they completely but let's be honest where the issues lies. I wish they would negotiate their own contract so they can work for pennies and nothing more. It also falls on stewards who are not making sure members are as involved as they should be. My steward is a perfect example of that. I learn more on here than I could ever hope to from him. It's a sad state that we find our union in.
The unoun officials rarely come to the buildings anymore. I bet have of the people don't even know who their BA is.

And whatever happened to getting sworn into the the union once you made your 30 days?

Now once you make your 30 days they just start taking out initiation fees.