diad 4, delivery and pick up commits

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
Another thing I don't like is that you can't push any key to turn it on, unlike the D3. You have to push the scan button, kinda like you could only turn on the D2 with the on button. Seems like kinda a step backward to me.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Another thing I don't like is that you can't push any key to turn it on, unlike the D3. You have to push the scan button, kinda like you could only turn on the D2 with the on button. Seems like kinda a step backward to me.
Minimizes accidental turn-ons. I think that's a better idea.

gray squirrel

I've been at UPS for 16 years. There is always a flavor of the month, or some crap that management has to force down our throats. Does anyone else have these pick-up and delivery commit times? I don't use the pouch or clip, my 2 wheeler has a diad holder mounted on it. Just replying to my original post.

hoser

Industrial Slob
well lads im going to make you all jealous
we have diad 5 !!!!!
its nice,light but a little fiddly
but people hate using it
DIAD V eh? Funny that they have that rolled out in Ireland of all places, let alone the fact that the DIAD IV kinks haven't been worked out and half of the North American network (read: their flagship area) doesn't even have it yet.

Or are you guys on some completely different system that they call DIAD V for simplicity's sake?

breadbooze

I have four SSI's with delivery commit times. All my 32 pick ups have commit times as well. I'm usually 95% +/- 5 minutes with the pick ups though there are the occasional heavy shipments that take longer. Just have to sit down with the center manager and work it all out.

Miss Victoria

Diad 4????!?!?!? We just finally got rid of the last D2's so everyone can move into D3's. Talk about older equipment, (most of our trucks are p5's), I don't we'll get new boards for a few more years.

crystal_ball

We are starting #4 with a half hour pcm training. No pas system in our podunk barn. BTW how does it work on secure areas(aka military bases) and in dead cellphone areas compaired to #3? Is it on the Cingular/AT&T network like the version 3?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Wow, first time I ever heard that from a member of this forum. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Hoser, I mean no disrepect when I say this but I HAVE worked out "issues" with UPS management in just such a way. Problem is, they have to be reasonable or willing to listen. I've had those that would and wouldn't be willing to talk. It was never even a "sitdown," it was a discussion in the operation, usually as we were walking. UPS sups ARE human, despite some people on here thinking they are Satan's spawn or something akin to it. :w00t: -Rocky