DIAD 6 Stop List Layout Needs Work - Suggestions / Feedback

I've talked to a few drivers and it seems like productivity has gone down a bit with the DIAD 6. Though it has many software problems one of my top complaints is the List View options. Classic Mode isn't classic. It lacks crucial call tag and signature info as does compact mode. But verbose mode wastes space and is inefficient. You have to zig zag your eyes all over the screen to get all the info you need to plan your next 5 stops. I used to be able to scan 5-8 stops before getting back to the truck but now can only do 1-2 and it's too easy to miss details like call tags and signatures. At least once a day I waste a few minutes looking for a package that is actually a call tag or walking away from a stop before realizing I need to go back for a signature.
Because of these frustrations I decided to put my photoshop skills to use and design a new layout. I'm posting it here looking for feedback and suggestions before presenting it to management. My design only uses 3 lines like compact mode instead of the 6 that verbose mode uses so that more stops fit on the page with the exception of using 4 lines when there is a note to display.

I discovered that I could fit more information than even verbose mode in less space if I omitted the city, state and zip. It's very rare to need this info and you can get from Assignment Details when you need it or you'll see it when you put the DIAD into the cradle.

The other major change is putting the address and consignee on the same line with one being abbreviated when it's too long. My idea is that you'll be able to toggle between address first or consignee first by hitting the right arrow button. This design saves so much space and makes the layout much cleaner. Because the consignee can be abbreviated this also allows space for showing the Suite / Apartment numbers.

Next I put the piece count and HIN right under the address making the most frequently needed info all on the left side of the screen so that you can scan the list straight down from top to bottom without having to zigzag your eyes back and forth. I also put call tag and driver follow up icons before the piece count instead of on the bottom line to fix to make sure they are noticed. There's also space to separate the air and ground HINs.

Another improvement is adding buttons at the bottom to speed things up. I also added separate stop icons for residential and commercial and a truck icon that actually looks like a package car for when the system isn't sure if the stop is resi or commercial.
Seriously
Don't post that

None

Looks like the attachment got deleted for privacy reasons even though all the info was made up. If the mods are going to do that then delete the whole thread because none of it makes sense without the image.

Whereistheunion

I've talked to a few drivers and it seems like productivity has gone down a bit with the DIAD 6. Though it has many software problems one of my top complaints is the List View options. Classic Mode isn't classic. It lacks crucial call tag and signature info as does compact mode. But verbose mode wastes space and is inefficient. You have to zig zag your eyes all over the screen to get all the info you need to plan your next 5 stops. I used to be able to scan 5-8 stops before getting back to the truck but now can only do 1-2 and it's too easy to miss details like call tags and signatures. At least once a day I waste a few minutes looking for a package that is actually a call tag or walking away from a stop before realizing I need to go back for a signature.
Because of these frustrations I decided to put my photoshop skills to use and design a new layout. I'm posting it here looking for feedback and suggestions before presenting it to management. My design only uses 3 lines like compact mode instead of the 6 that verbose mode uses so that more stops fit on the page with the exception of using 4 lines when there is a note to display.

I discovered that I could fit more information than even verbose mode in less space if I omitted the city, state and zip. It's very rare to need this info and you can get from Assignment Details when you need it or you'll see it when you put the DIAD into the cradle.

The other major change is putting the address and consignee on the same line with one being abbreviated when it's too long. My idea is that you'll be able to toggle between address first or consignee first by hitting the right arrow button. This design saves so much space and makes the layout much cleaner. Because the consignee can be abbreviated this also allows space for showing the Suite / Apartment numbers.

Next I put the piece count and HIN right under the address making the most frequently needed info all on the left side of the screen so that you can scan the list straight down from top to bottom without having to zigzag your eyes back and forth. I also put call tag and driver follow up icons before the piece count instead of on the bottom line to fix to make sure they are noticed. There's also space to separate the air and ground HINs.

Another improvement is adding buttons at the bottom to speed things up. I also added separate stop icons for residential and commercial and a truck icon that actually looks like a package car for when the system isn't sure if the stop is resi or commercial.
I've got 1 issue with diad (6) it freezes a lot. You have to reset 1 every 2hrs and it's never a good time when it happens.

bumped

I need to get home in time to make dinner for my son so that he's not eating so late that it is disrupting his sleep causing him to sleep through classes. This isn't about pay or aggregate time spent vs saved it is about day to day quality of life. I want those 10 minutes.
Why are so many drivers willing to work long hours just for money? I would love to only work 8 hours and have energy and time to enjoy life even if I have to budget better to do it.
Because, anyone that has spent any amount of time with this company knows that whatever time UPS saves goes right back into more stops. Any upgrade EVER to save time has been used for more stops.

Brownwind

I need to get home in time to make dinner for my son so that he's not eating so late that it is disrupting his sleep causing him to sleep through classes. This isn't about pay or aggregate time spent vs saved it is about day to day quality of life. I want those 10 minutes.
Why are so many drivers willing to work long hours just for money? I would love to only work 8 hours and have energy and time to enjoy life even if I have to budget better to do it.
Most of us work preload so we run out of hours to get home at a decent hour. It’s dumb but it’s seems to be the only way to get in and have a social life.
No one wants to do this job so we are always short staffed. Take control and do what you have to do. The money is good but most of us old guys are here for the insurance.

burco8080

Diad 6 is a tool for management, they know where you are at all times. It lets no union clerks or hires of the street, employees watch us. It was never meant to be driver friendly get used to it and always know big brother is watching. Quote from top management.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Management LOVES people with your mindset. You will cut corners,cut lunch etc to get off a little earlier. Dispatch sees this and will slowly keep bumping your stop count a little higher.
It's a vicious cycle. You will be running your yourself to death,and setting yourself up for accident or injury.I have seen this happen SO many times

DOK

Make something visual to distinguish between a pickup stop and a delivery stop, when pickups are mixed in with delivery stops they look the same, to me anyways. Maybe shade the pickup stops a different color.

DriverNerd

Make something visual to distinguish between a pickup stop and a delivery stop, when pickups are mixed in with delivery stops they look the same, to me anyways. Maybe shade the pickup stops a different color.
I've always thought they could have just put the image on the right instead of left and with all the wording all the way to the left it would stand out

A friend said drivers in Tennessee had them, that was august though.
Screenshot_20221017-053140-968.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Looks like the attachment got deleted for privacy reasons even though all the info was made up. If the mods are going to do that then delete the whole thread because none of it makes sense without the image.
I'll repost the image...

Xs9lezRZ6dRT.png