Diad 6

AKCoverMan

Why not just follow Orion?
Because I actually like my customers and want to see my route get delivered.

And/or I’m not getting on the four lane highway running on chains when the highway down to bare pavemen, I use back roads, knock off stops on way.

But mostly because I can’t make myself do it stupid on purpose. I get great satisfaction out of turning their mess of a dispatch into a smooth running day.

AKCoverMan

Have you ever seen anyone disciplined for not following Orion ?

The company (at least here) doesn't even broach the subject of metric compliance.

In fact.... they tell the drivers its just a "tool" to use. Some routes are totally jacked because of Orion and

they don't have the ability or the knowledge to fix them. They really don't care.
I think the ability to fix a lot of it is there.. but it’s painstaking detail and there are no man hours staffed for it.

No reason this many years into Orion I should still get business stops or schools and see and Orion planned ETA in the computer after 1700.

Consider this, and compare to your operation… the hub that dispatches me ran less that 40 cars when I went FT driver almost 18 years ago. My building didn’t exist, it was four remote drivers meeting two TP-60s in a field. There was one PDS. Today the hub and my building combined out out a third again or more routes, we added a great deal of rural territory to our delivery areas.. and still one PDS who also manages the hub preload operation. I turn in things to be fixed every week but I’m sure my requests are often ignored due to other priorities. It’s Better Not Bigger without the “Better” sometimes.

PPH_over_9000

quick bump to ask a question

Anybody using the DIAD 6, have you noticed lately that the MapNav fails every single day between 16:30-17:30? It's been happening to a majority of us at my center for the past month, maybe month and a half.

It's :censored2:ing infuriating, especially as a 22.4 covering a different route every day. My skin wasn't thick enough today and I just about broke that piece of :censored2: on the asphalt. Didn't help that I had an Amazon van following me to every gosh darn stop-- even when I took a break to reboot the DIAD in hopes that it would actually act right for once, this mother :censored2:er was either pulling up to or already at every single one of my last 45 stops. Swear to God, with the DIAD-induced rage and then seeing that little blue van screwing up my turn-arounds at every stop, all I could think about was the big fight scene in Anchorman.

/vent

But yeah, I'm just trying to figure out if MapNav stops working around 5pm everywhere or if it's just a localized thing in my center. It seems to happen a few stops after the alert that I'm late to punch out (at 16:30, lol.)

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

Anybody using the DIAD 6, have you noticed lately that the MapNav fails every single day between 16:30-17:30? It's been happening to a majority of us at my center for the past month, maybe month and a half.

It's :censored2:ing infuriating, especially as a 22.4 covering a different route every day. My skin wasn't thick enough today and I just about broke that piece of :censored2: on the asphalt. Didn't help that I had an Amazon van following me to every gosh darn stop-- even when I took a break to reboot the DIAD in hopes that it would actually act right for once, this mother :censored2:er was either pulling up to or already at every single one of my last 45 stops. Swear to God, with the DIAD-induced rage and then seeing that little blue van screwing up my turn-arounds at every stop, all I could think about was the big fight scene in Anchorman.

/vent

But yeah, I'm just trying to figure out if MapNav stops working around 5pm everywhere or if it's just a localized thing in my center. It seems to happen a few stops after the alert that I'm late to punch out (at 16:30, lol.)
If you know your route, don't use navigation. Put it on the dash or put it in the holder backwards so the nav doesn't come on.

Est.1998

I really hate having multiple pkgs for one stop and one needs a signature.
If the people aren't there, the diad won't allow you to scan all the pkgs and NI1 the sig req without NI1 every pkg.
So you have to treat the sig req pkg as a separate stop.
Huge time killer during air time and that pkg needs to go to an AP.

21Savage

/vent

Destroying company property? Oof! See you in the office with a Shop Steward tomorrow buddy if you were to actually try that🤣 they already got a couple idiots here in my center for doing the same thing.

And for me the nav stops working after the first time I reset it. Then it magically starts working again around the 5th or 6th reset of the day.

Last edited:

Ghost in the Darkness

My favorite thing about the new diad is when it blacks out the nav screen... I know where I'm going I don't need directions. I think some of these younger drivers would benefit from reading road signs and mailbox & house numbers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Destroying company property? Oof! See you in the office with a Shop Steward tomorrow buddy if you were to actually try that🤣 they already got a couple idiots here in my center for doing the same thing.

And for me the nav stops working after the first time I reset it. Then it magically starts working again around the 5th or 6th reset of the day.
Mine usually ends up sticking out of a box. Company property saved!

PPH_over_9000

My favorite thing about the new diad is when it blacks out the nav screen... I know where I'm going I don't need directions. I think some of these younger drivers would benefit from reading road signs and mailbox & house numbers.
tl;dr I'm trying, man!

Generally that works, but on the backroads and country roads the mailboxes are almost never next to the driveway. They're normally grouped together at some midway point between several homes, and you've lucked out if they actually have all their numbers or even numbers at all on them.

Luckily I've been kept running routes in the same loop for a couple months now so my route rotation is a lot smaller than what it used to be. I've been able to learn most of the side-streets, neighborhoods and stand-alone Places. My biggest struggle without MapNav is finding houses directly off of the backroads, because I swear to God the mailbox placement often makes no sense at all. If I'm in a tight neighborhood it's almost never a problem, but when I'm averaging ~2mi between groups of 1-3 stops it's a pain in the ass. Luckily the Map feature works, but it's not exactly user friendly and every time I try to zoom out to plot my course the map also rotates, the street names blink out and I can't even figure out where my truck is without backing out and reloading the map.

I've also taken a stand and stopped using my phone for anything other than music on the road. I'm trying to figure these routes out the way y'all did before MapNav, because I've come to realize that it's way too much of a crutch and you end up crippling yourself if you don't know how to run a route without it.

If you know your route, don't use navigation. Put it on the dash or put it in the holder backwards so the nav doesn't come on.

I feel like that's great advice, because from what I can gather the older drivers at the top of the seniority list rarely have these problems and it seems to be because they specifically don't use the cradle.

I just always feel like I'm prone to :censored2:ing up and taking a wrong turn that'll take me miles in the wrong direction before I realize that something's not right. I honestly just like the extra bit of confidence that having the GPS gives me because I'm constantly second-guessing myself and thinking I'm screwing up in one way or another. I guess you could say it takes the guesswork out of the equation and allows me to just focus on driving safely to reach my destination, as opposed to relying on it to determine where my destination actually is (though it helps with that, too!)

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
tl;dr I'm trying, man!

Generally that works, but on the backroads and country roads the mailboxes are almost never next to the driveway. They're normally grouped together at some midway point between several homes, and you've lucked out if they actually have all their numbers or even numbers at all on them.

Luckily I've been kept running routes in the same loop for a couple months now so my route rotation is a lot smaller than what it used to be. I've been able to learn most of the side-streets, neighborhoods and stand-alone Places. My biggest struggle without MapNav is finding houses directly off of the backroads, because I swear to God the mailbox placement often makes no sense at all. If I'm in a tight neighborhood it's almost never a problem, but when I'm averaging ~2mi between groups of 1-3 stops it's a pain in the ass. Luckily the Map feature works, but it's not exactly user friendly and every time I try to zoom out to plot my course the map also rotates, the street names blink out and I can't even figure out where my truck is without backing out and reloading the map.

I've also taken a stand and stopped using my phone for anything other than music on the road. I'm trying to figure these routes out the way y'all did before MapNav, because I've come to realize that it's way too much of a crutch and you end up crippling yourself if you don't know how to run a route without it.

I feel like that's great advice, because from what I can gather the older drivers at the top of the seniority list rarely have these problems and it seems to be because they specifically don't use the cradle.

I just always feel like I'm prone to :censored2:ing up and taking a wrong turn that'll take me miles in the wrong direction before I realize that something's not right. I honestly just like the extra bit of confidence that having the GPS gives me because I'm constantly second-guessing myself and thinking I'm screwing up in one way or another. I guess you could say it takes the guesswork out of the equation and allows me to just focus on driving safely to reach my destination, as opposed to relying on it to determine where my destination actually is (though it helps with that, too!)
Us older guys put all the dots on the map for you to follow. It wasn't management. Those stops are easy to remember if you have to search for them. I see all the new drivers run a route all day and couldn't go back to 1 stop without navigation. It definitely makes you stupid to your surroundings but the company wanted it. Just don't follow it into the ocean. Pay a little attention along the way and you'll be better off.

RMR46

So this past week was the first week for my center on the diad 6. I am an early am driver that gets a drop around 9:30. When I leave the center the manifest is in a decent order. But once the drop starts populating into my diad, it get all jumbled up and makes the most random route. And also, all the added stops for my drop pieces, instead of being added to the existing stop if it is already on my board, it duplicates the stop and they are never near each other on my board. Which leads to quite often having to make a stop twice. I have tried filtering by distance and it don’t change anything. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there no work around? Thanks in advance
You are absolutely doing nothing wrong the first day I used to diet I told him to come pick up the truck at 4: pm I resigne. but I didn't. I had stopped that say 38 pieces I scanned 38 pieces it said I scanned like 49 they were coming up duplicate and I double checked the numbers after while I just gave up and went with whatever the diad said. When I go to mobile home parks I used to put in the lot number cuz it would say like 15 stops and it would be 15 different stops and I would put the lot number now I just scan them until all 15 are gone even and I make sure I deliver them to the right lot number

DiadDude

If the people aren't there, the diad won't allow you to scan all the pkgs and NI1 the sig req without NI1 every pkg.
Scan all the packages, then from the signature screen select "No Person". It will then allow you to choose a release location for the other packages. At the end of the stop it should show you which ones you're delivering and which ones you're taking back to the package car.

Est.1998

Scan all the packages, then from the signature screen select "No Person". It will then allow you to choose a release location for the other packages. At the end of the stop it should show you which ones you're delivering and which ones you're taking back to the package car.
Thank you! I can't wait to try this next week!

Grey

ORION is one of the dumbest programs in the history of technology. There is essentially zero positive effect from it to the drivers or the company.

I haven’t used the D6 yet but it sounds like a similar disaster.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
ORION is what happens when a company spends millions of dollars on something and then doesn’t want to admit it was a waste of money.

dogs.bite.me

Not quite. But it’s a pain in the butt to do it.

You need to press the back button, unconfirm the signature required package so that it’s racking number populates back to the top 1/2 of the screen. Then swipe it left and choose non deliver.

While this is how you do it in the same stop, your point is well taken that it is a pain in the butt to do.

Est.1998

@dogs.bite.me have you tried the method above?
Not quite. But it’s a pain in the butt to do it.

You need to press the back button, unconfirm the signature required package so that it’s racking number populates back to the top 1/2 of the screen. Then swipe it left and choose non deliver.

While this is how you do it in the same stop, your point is well taken that it is a pain in the butt to do.
If it's an air pkg, most of the time the tracking number isn't included with ground, so if i unconfirm the pkg it'll be removed from the stop entirely.