Diad 6

burco8080

The word got out on the street if you own ups stock you have noticed how much diad 6 is costing UPS. Someone let the money men know how much trouble and cost this little screw up is costing. Just in labor alone it is in the 100millions.

pkgdriver

The word got out on the street if you own ups stock you have noticed how much diad 6 is costing UPS. Someone let the money men know how much trouble and cost this little screw up is costing. Just in labor alone it is in the 100millions.
Yep.. 15-45 min a day for DIAD 6 drivers…..$$$$$

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not for me to decide.
Why are people so inclined to make the company’s problem their problem…. They feel like they have to continually pick up the pieces and try to put them back together. They need to chill, smile and enjoy the ride…perfect time to have the whole center start filing 9.5’s….

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have you ever seen anyone disciplined for not following Orion ?

The company (at least here) doesn't even broach the subject of metric compliance.

In fact.... they tell the drivers its just a "tool" to use. Some routes are totally jacked because of Orion and

they don't have the ability or the knowledge to fix them. They really don't care.
I’ve heard the company also say that the methods are just “guidelines” and “best practices”…they are flip-floppers, jumping around where they think they can put out the most fires for that particular moment in time…which perfectly lines up with what you’ve been saying forever.. that lock in rides and method violations are a figment of some people’s imagination..lol

Whither

Scofflaw
I've also taken a stand and stopped using my phone for anything other than music on the road. I'm trying to figure these routes out the way y'all did before MapNav, because I've come to realize that it's way too much of a crutch and you end up crippling yourself if you don't know how to run a route without it.
Well done! It's not only a crutch, it's also a full-on distraction if a driver spends, say, a week on a route and is still totally lost without MapNav. People like to rag on "unskilled" jobs and here you'll even find some Teamsters who think delivery driving requires no "skills" but navigating is a skill (let alone "efficiently" navigating an entire delivery route while making service on all deliveries and pickups), safely driving a P-1000 down many of the roads and streets we must travel is a skill, and so on.

Since dynamic Orion got implemented I frequently deliver whole sections of my route by the shelves. RDO generally makes sense, you quickly learn the kinks -- the exceptions being poorly-sequenced add-cuts/random stops in loopmates' areas frankensteined onto routes to meet the 'stops per car' quota. I have no qualms with the Orion-followers here. I think it's hilarious, and the results back up my point. I've followed it many times, as a blind cover driver, as a lark, as a lesson to mgmt for this or that nonsense. On the 3 bid routes I've had, I could point out stop-for-stop where Orion plans ill-advised resi backs that contradict the methods. I'm well aware that following Orion safely would keep the meter running at least 30 min to an hour longer everyday. But in the long run my time is priceless. I won't run and gun or cut corners to "burn it up" as we say here. They've made it clear that they expect us to make service in any case, so I deliver the route as sensibly and safely as I can.

Even where Orion/MapNav succeeds, it's a failure. I don't doubt that the company hoped they'd make us totally expendable, but it turns out that safe driving, safe package handling, and area knowledge still matter.

AKCoverMan

But that’s swallowed up by $2B a quarter in after tax profits. The money be flo-o-owing! So they not noticing the outrageous OT flo-o-owing to Teamsters.

AKCoverMan

I heard from several on cars that the latest software update (a few months ago) has resulted in a 30% jump in “over allowed“ in my district. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yeah I would think getting the Six to work correctly and function smoothly for drivers would be the biggest action item in the company right now. This is the “low hanging fruit” in lowering exorbitant, zero production overtime with potential savings system wide in the millions.

But I’m sure it’s easier to beat up members for over allowed.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I thought everyone was already overallowed
Yeah it's planned to be at least an hour over according to the mo rons in IE. They can't demonstrate how it can be done in the real world. I've called them out and all I got was crickets. They can't be away from home more than 4 hrs a day. Those itchy work shoes irritate their tender feet.

DiadDude

Scan all the packages, then from the signature screen select "No Person". It will then allow you to choose a release location for the other packages. At the end of the stop it should show you which ones you're delivering and which ones you're taking back to the package car.
@Est.1998 Did you get to try this method? Hope it helped you out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who's responsible?

What cost benefit were they expecting?

One day at a time

Who's responsible?

What cost benefit were they expecting?
This was implemented by idiots. A group of stoned high school kids around a bon fire would have done a better job. This will be added to the long list of blunders that brought on the demise of ups as we know it. Orion,cir,and delivery vehicles that won’t accelerate up to speed are others that come to mind.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This was implemented by idiots. A group of stoned high school kids around a bon fire would have done a better job. This will be added to the long list of blunders that brought on the demise of ups as we know it. Orion,cir,and delivery vehicles that won’t accelerate up to speed are others that come to mind.
UPS always has motives behind every move. My guess would be more control of the driver or a pathway to simplify routes so they could quickly replace striking workers.

Hot Carl

All the drivers we have coming back from disability now are using this thing for the first time and watching the horror slowly creep in as they realize all the good features are gone now really says it all.