Diad 6

Fessy292

So this past week was the first week for my center on the diad 6. I am an early am driver that gets a drop around 9:30. When I leave the center the manifest is in a decent order. But once the drop starts populating into my diad, it get all jumbled up and makes the most random route. And also, all the added stops for my drop pieces, instead of being added to the existing stop if it is already on my board, it duplicates the stop and they are never near each other on my board. Which leads to quite often having to make a stop twice. I have tried filtering by distance and it don’t change anything. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there no work around? Thanks in advance

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So this past week was the first week for my center on the diad 6. I am an early am driver that gets a drop around 9:30. When I leave the center the manifest is in a decent order. But once the drop starts populating into my diad, it get all jumbled up and makes the most random route. And also, all the added stops for my drop pieces, instead of being added to the existing stop if it is already on my board, it duplicates the stop and they are never near each other on my board. Which leads to quite often having to make a stop twice. I have tried filtering by distance and it don’t change anything. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there no work around? Thanks in advance
Diad 6 is the absolute worst thing UPS has implemented since ORION. Enjoy the extra hours of OT and try not to get frustrated. A company that made record amounts in the billions in profit released a sub par device to do the job with. Nothings gonna change, so just grin and bear it like the ass raping it is.

Commercial Inside Release

EAM driver, however, will be called into the office and passed around between management for a55reaming, while the steward daydreams and scratches his balls. 3 warning letters for late air later, and the only winner will be DIAD six.

One day at a time

The diad 6 must have been made by a committee that never delivered a package. Let’s start by taking it out of the cradle. You grab it and activate one of the 3 buttons that are put where you grab it. It’s too wide,the buttons are too small. The large touch screen doesnt work its filled with useless icons that make the information you need too small. Why not have the name of the person or business ahead of the address instead of a truck icon? The number of packages hidden by another useless icon.the scan button in the middle of the screen?and lastly way too many strokes to deliver a package,if you can get it to work long enough reboot after reboot. what a turd this added at least 1/2 hour to my day.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The diad 6 must have been made by a committee that never delivered a package. Let’s start by taking it out of the cradle. You grab it and activate one of the 3 buttons that are put where you grab it. It’s too wide,the buttons are too small. The large touch screen doesnt work its filled with useless icons that make the information you need too small. Why not have the name of the person or business ahead of the address instead of a truck icon? The number of packages hidden by another useless icon.the scan button in the middle of the screen?and lastly way too many strokes to deliver a package,if you can get it to work long enough reboot after reboot. what a turd this added at least 1/2 hour to my day.

My favorite thing that its doing now is if you tap on a stop to open it up, it automatically crashes or gives you "mobile delivery app isn't responding: wait close." If you put it back in the cradle and start the truck, sometimes it will break free, other times no.

As someone who doesn't follow Orion and jumps around, it's absolutely maddening.

Really? This is the best the rocket scientists at IE can come up with?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The last thing UPS would ever do is get constructive input from the employees that actually use the device.

pkgdriver

Tapping the bottom of the screen will sometimes bring up a circle and left/right arrows. If its stuck hit the circle and then the app icon if its comes up. This may get it going with out an restart. Why am I messing with this instead of concentrating on being safe and efficent?

Im about to notify HR the DIAD 6 is bullying me.
shrugs

Hot Carl

My scanner wouldn't shut off today, requiring a hard reboot. Locked up twice, also requiring a hard reboot both times.

Thr DIAD V had a nunber of issues, most of them related to being aging devices. They had to be rebooted from time to time too, but nothing like this polished turd.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
My favorite thing from this massive waste of money is watching all the bonus drivers loose their minds. This piece of crappy easily adds an hour or two to your day just trying to make it work. Poor poor runner gunners. My heart bleeds for them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My favorite thing from this massive waste of money is watching all the bonus drivers loose their minds. This piece of crappy easily adds an hour or two to your day just trying to make it work. Poor poor runner gunners. My heart bleeds for them.
They must add even more zero's than normal to the pick up numbers in order to make that bonus?

JL 0513

UPS: Let's send out hundreds of thousands of the DIAD 6 before it works.

To think that these have to be in service at least 5 years. DIAD 5 is in its 8th-9th year, so likely longer. There's only so many software updates you can do to improve a bad design.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My favorite thing that its doing now is if you tap on a stop to open it up, it automatically crashes or gives you "mobile delivery app isn't responding: wait close." If you put it back in the cradle and start the truck, sometimes it will break free, other times no.

As someone who doesn't follow Orion and jumps around, it's absolutely maddening.

Really? This is the best the rocket scientists at IE can come up with?
Why not just follow Orion?

PPH_over_9000

Tapping the bottom of the screen will sometimes bring up a circle and left/right arrows. If its stuck hit the circle and then the app icon if its comes up. This may get it going with out an restart. Why am I messing with this instead of concentrating on being safe and efficent?

Im about to notify HR the DIAD 6 is bullying me.
shrugs

So this works, but I've noticed there are two tabs you can swipe to force quit when you hit the soft key. If you accidentally swipe the Caravan app or whatever it's called in the background, the DIAD'll work but immediately crash when you get to your next stop and pull it from the cradle.

So basically, force quitting and logging back in is the best workaround, but if you force quit the wrong app by mistake you're just prolonging the restart. This has caused me to almost always go straight to a forced restart and not even try to force quit the mobile delivery app, because if I'm not fast enough with the swipe I'll get IT Admin has restricted your access and i have to try multiple times just to be quick enough to force quit.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not for me to decide.

Have you ever seen anyone disciplined for not following Orion ?

The company (at least here) doesn't even broach the subject of metric compliance.

In fact.... they tell the drivers its just a "tool" to use. Some routes are totally jacked because of Orion and

they don't have the ability or the knowledge to fix them. They really don't care.