DIAD software suggestions...... (if anyone is listening)

Z

ZQXC

If you have already initiated a stop by scanning one or more labels, and then scan a label that is assigned to another route (misload), show an alert similar to this:
This package does not appear in your EDD: Do you want to include this package with this stop? Yes/No
At the present time the label is accepted by default.

Do not interrupt a stop in progress with any message other than a delivery intercept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Shifter

Need to be able to dim screen. Too bright at night and on last few stops barely enough juice to make it back to the building during Christmas.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you have already initiated a stop by scanning one or more labels, and then scan a label that is assigned to another route (misload), show an alert similar to this:
This package does not appear in your EDD: Do you want to include this package with this stop? Yes/No
At the present time the label is accepted by default.

Do not interrupt a stop in progress with any message other than a delivery intercept.

Both.

aiian

I have one request...

I'd like to know about a NO DR stop BEFORE I've thrown it behind a planter, over a fence, etc. not after.

They should eliminate all the "forbidden" functions such as "other other" and unscheduled pick up.

Unscheduled pickups aren't forbidden everywhere.

T

Turdferguson

Not a software, but hardware change. Move the signature button to different spot on the DIAD . Not where everyone grabs it to sign the board knocking it out of signature mode

barnyard

KTM rider
When delivering a package to an address other than what is on the label, how about, "Would you like to address correct this package?" The info is all there, we should not have to type anything, should all be automatic.

barnyard

KTM rider
It's hard to believe driver input is involved with all the changes to each DIAD and the programming.

Back when the design team was working on this diad, my center was one that evaluated the 'next generation' diads. I went out with a version that was similar to what we have now, but the software was different. I wrote up 2 pages of critique and suggestions with the version that I used.

I posted about it here and a member of the design team PMd me. Quite a bit of the stuff we all commented on are in the version we are using now.

Is there room for improvement? Yep.

Is this the best diad I have used? Yep.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Add a column/indicator "B" for business. Using historical data, any address which previously has been completed as a business two or more times gets a "B" next to the address to help cover guys and drivers new to a route (or getting an add/cut) recognize businesses in residential neighborhoods.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not a software, but hardware change. Move the signature button to different spot on the DIAD . Not where everyone grabs it to sign the board knocking it out of signature mode
That's the worst. Lefties hit it with their knuckles when trying to sign. Right handed folks hit it with their thumb that they're holding the diad with.

cooperjake

Exactly....hate it when I've drd and am half way back to truck and customer has grabbed pkg and shut door and I have to tell them "oh I'm supposed to get a signature"..